Dynadot

GoDaddy a good choice for domains and hosting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

A. Person

Established Member
Impact
I've been pretty happy with GoDaddy for domains and I've started using them for managed WordPress hosting too. Before I go any deeper with them, are they generally a good choice for this stuff or is there a better choice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I will never use godaddy again after the things i have read and heard.
My host is in my signature, my names are anywhere but godaddy

•••
You can analyze all the domain and host provider you choose an suitable one for your purpose...

•••
Well GoDaddy might be a good choice for new domains but will not suggest for hosting. You should search for good hosting providers and ignore EIG group. Why dont you just search your requirements in hosting directory like thewebhostingdir.com . 100+ companies and 1000+ plus plans to choose from and reviews from real users. You can also select data center location and compare plans of different provider and go with the one which fits your requirements.

•••
Try liquidweb.com, the best hosting company. If you want umnanaged vps get hosting from digitalocean.com and install whm and cpanel by your self.

•••
Stay away from GD Hosting. GD maybe good for Domain purchase, but not webshoting.

•••
if your website is small then you can choose anyone because small website performing well, problem coming in big data website then need to be choose best hosting.

•••
They are good choice as domains provider but not as hosting.
There support is really bad as well.

•••
I’ve noticed that Word Press sites including those fully installed by Installatron load very slowly on GoDaddy at least on their Ultimate shared server plan. (Slow initial load on landing on the home URL.)

For non Word Press low traffic sites GoDaddy shared is fine although one thing about them is that they won’t give you a free https while other hosts will.

I have not noticed this slow load of Word Press on my other sites that are hosted on a different company’s VPS.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back