IT.COM

GoDaddy hides the "Year" data from its past & similar sales in Appraisals?: Free Solution?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Save Breach

Top Member
Impact
Strangely enough, GoDaddy hides the year of sale from its GoValue appraisal data on the web page, although its fetched through the API call.

The solution to it is incredibly simple, make an API call and fetch the 'year' from it, along with the GoValue, etc.

I made a project to build simple useful scripts for domainers that can save you a lot of time, and these can fetch GoValue of domains in bulk, through command line individually and see past similar sales through command line manually.

Do you HATE the GoValue/GoDaddy appraisal web interface? then you may start using these command line tools (bash scripts) ;)

Do you have more ideas on what free scripts you might need? Feel free to share in the thread

You may star, and watch the github project to stay tuned to more updates.

https://github.com/hackerpain/domaining
On Windows - you may use CygWin, or, WSL Linux or, Linux VM to be able to use the shell scripts
For any feedback, rants, help, or, just to thank me, be sure to PM me!

Cheers,
SaveBreach

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Demo Screenshots:

GD Past Sales with year

GD Bulk Value

xLSvzNK.png

GD Value Manually through command-line

UjCNjhk.png

•••
This tool doesn't need API Secret (or, login) to work. For increased rate limit, one needs to login though -> which i will implement later...

Workaround as of now (without auth): is to either use longer time_interval for bulk_value like 5-10s if you have a lot of names.

Code:
bulk_value list.txt 5

Improvement done: To bypass rate limit, as soon as the script detects that GoDaddy is trying to rate limit, the script waits (sleeps) for 10s, then the next time it faces rate limit, it sleeps for 20s, and so on...

Do share your feedback and suggestions for improvement to the tool :)

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Implemented Setup Script for configuring API keys [Now auth is required for Bulk value, but for manual value, it will still work without auth]

https://github.com/hackerpain/domaining/blob/master/setup.sh

Code:
chmod +x setup.sh
./setup

# configure your GoDaddy ([B]prod, [/B]not OTE) and LogoLava API keys!

Implemented Authenticated API calls

Now with the improved version of the script, its possible to fetch all your GoDaddy domains and store them in a .txt file,

https://github.com/hackerpain/domaining/blob/master/gddomains.sh

Code:
gd_domains godaddy-domains.txt

then, you may use this cmd, to find the GoValue of your godaddy domains, and the output will be saved in godaddy-domains-value.txt
Code:
bulk_value godaddy-domains.txt time_interval

Last edited:
•••
Hey, thanks for sharing this. I just looked through your code.

Going to run it right now!

•••
Hey, thanks for sharing this. I just looked through your code.

Going to run it right now!

Do share your feedback, and let me know if you face any issues (y)

Cheers!

•••
Installation Guide

As the original post can't be edited, posting it separately.

Windows

There are 3 options (or, more? virtualization like Docker?), either install a Unix-based environment like Cygwin or, install the officially recommended WSL (or, Windows Subsystem Linux) or, run a Linux VM (using Virtual Box/VMWare/etc.)

I suggest to install the Windows WSL Ubuntu from Windows' official app store. This is the easiest way to get started with a quick Linux environment on your windows box. Its based on Hyper-V and loads in a few milliseconds, its a lot more featured and optimized than its closest alt, Cygwin.

Once its done, you can proceed to Installation step.

Installation

This process is same for Linux, Windows, or, any Unix based OS. I will assume you are using apt as your package manager, its default in Ubuntu, which you may have installed as your WSL in the previous step.

Install jq and curl using your favorite package manager -

Code:
sudo apt-get install curl jq

Next, clone this repo,
Code:
cd $HOME
git clone https://github.com/hackerpain/domaining

Code:
cd domaining

Setup, grab the API keys from developer.godaddy.com/keys and logolava.com

Code:
chmod +x setup.sh
./setup

Add the scripts to the ~/.bashrc file so that you can call them using function name

Code:
echo "source $HOME/domaining/gdvalue.sh" >> ~/.bashrc
echo "source $HOME/domaining/gdpastsales.sh" >> ~/.bashrc
echo "source $HOME/domaining/gddomains.sh" >> ~/.bashrc
echo "source $HOME/domaining/bulklogo.sh" >> ~/.bashrc
source ~/.bashrc

Now, you may follow instructions on https://github.com/hackerpain/domaining to get used to the commands and further info.

If you are going to use WSL, this is how you can access your WSL files using File Explorer -

Code:
Win + R -> powershell -> hit Enter
cd "C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu20.04onWindows_9nblggh4msv6\LocalState\rootfs\home\user_name\"
explorer .

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for this. whats the limit of bulk search at once and how much time it takes?

•••
Thanks for this. whats the limit of bulk search at once and how much time it takes?

Hi,

There is a rate limit of 10-15 appraisals per minute I guess. But if you hit the API slowly, you can appraise 100 domains in about 10-15 mins. Using the API key, its a bit faster (logged in requests).

Cheers

•••
•••
Interesting, ill be following this thread, thanks for info and products.

•••
•••
This is great, I'm all set up up but when I run the bulk tool I get 'we hit the rate limit, slowing down for XX seconds'. I've tried 0.5 up to 20, it won't check a single domain. Any idea what the problem could be?

•••
This is great, I'm all set up up but when I run the bulk tool I get 'we hit the rate limit, slowing down for XX seconds'. I've tried 0.5 up to 20, it won't check a single domain. Any idea what the problem could be?

Hey,

Have you configured the API keys? you need to generate the prod api keys, and it is usual to show that after appraising 30-35 domains, wait for sometime

Cheers

•••
I did but I did OTE API keys by mistake, how would I swap them out? Thanks for your help with this, much appreciated.

•••
I did but I did OTE API keys by mistake, how would I swap them out? Thanks for your help with this, much appreciated.

Those could be changed from your ~/.bashrc file as it gets stored as environment variables.

Make sure your list contains one name per line and strip off any whitespaces that may get into the list. Also remove empty lines from domains list.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Hi. I came across this yesterday and found it useful, so I thought I'd contribute. I ported it to the Fish shell for users like myself who prefer Fish to Bash. I also made a couple of minor tweaks, like sending error output to stderr, and differentiating between a timeout error and 401 error.

NOTE: Remove the spaces after https: in the code, below. The forums wouldn't allow me to post a message with links in it.

Code:
function gd_domain_value
  echo -e "Enter the domain, & hit Enter\n"
  while read dom
    echo -e "The value of $dom is USD "(curl -s 'https: //api.godaddy.com/v1/appraisal/'$dom | jq '.govalue') "\nPlease proceed with the next\n\n"
  end
end

function gd_bulk_domain_value
  if [ -z "$argv[1]" ]
    echo "Usage: gd_bulk_domain_value INPUT_FILE [delay in seconds]"
    return 0
  else if [ ! -e "$argv[1]" ]
    echo "File $argv[1] does not exist." >&2
    return 1
  end

set wait 10
  if [ "$argv[2]" != "" ]
    set wait $argv[2]
  end

set ctr 2
  while read dom
    set data (curl -s "https: //api.godaddy.com/v1/appraisal/$dom" -H "Authorization: sso-key $GDkey:$GDsecret")
    set result (echo $data | jq '.message')

if [ "$result" != "null" ]
      if string match --regex -q '^"Unauthorized' "$result"
        echo "Authorization failed. Check your API credentials." >&2
      else
        echo -e "\nWe hit the rate limit, so slowing down for "( math $wait x $ctr )"s\n" >&2
        sleep ( math $wait x $ctr )
        echo -e "\nStarting bulk search, if its still unreliable, end the process, wait for longer, then continue\n" >&2
        set ctr (math $ctr + 1)
      end
    else
      echo "$dom: "(echo $data | jq '.govalue') >> (echo "$argv[1]" | cut -d '.' -f 1)-value.txt
      sleep $wait
    end
    printf "."
  end < "$argv[1]"
end

You can paste this directly into your terminal if you are using Fish, or save it to a file and source it, and it will create those two fuctions in your current shell instance. You can also save it to ~/.config/fish/functions and have it loaded every time you start a shell.

If you want to add this to your Github repository, you may do so, but let me make the pull request so I can get the activity on my Github account.

•••
Hi. I came across this yesterday and found it useful, so I thought I'd contribute. I ported it to the Fish shell for users like myself who prefer Fish to Bash. I also made a couple of minor tweaks, like sending error output to stderr, and differentiating between a timeout error and 401 error.

Well, thanks for the port. Brilliant work 👏

Feel free to add it to our project's Github repo - https://github.com/savebreach/domaining

Btw are working on a web based solution that can make such basic things even more simpler, and will be free for most users - https://value.savebreach.com/lander/

Cheers

•••
would be grateful if someone could make a how to video or provide link on how to set this up for newbies like myself please?

sorry it is there. I will follow now

Last edited:
•••
How did i miss this?

Thanks for the update and subsequent bump, @tiletalk!

@Save Breach always doing his part! Thanks for sharing man!
Sucks Godaddy refuses to share API (still) Industry need more share like you

Followed too!

Last edited:
•••
@Save Breach always doing his part! Thanks for sharing man!

Thanks a lot @Samer. Always happy to help the community!
Sad, GoDaddy prefers to restrict access to full data to only selected people, in the form of a private tool :D I'm against this sort of exclusivity and happy to break this barrier of data access to every NPer!

Cheers

•••
I have built a tool for bulk domain appraisal. give a try bulk domain appraisal . its free to use. Thanks

•••
Back