IT.COM

GoDaddy payments to Non US sellers - Poll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

If we opened the ability to pay non US customers via PayPal would this be helpful for you?

• 74 votes
  • Ended 8 years ago
  • Final results

Joe Styler

Aftermarket Product ManagerTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
I want to get a sense of how helpful it would be to open up payments to customers outside of the United States via PayPal for any domain sales revenue you earn. Understanding that you would have to still follow PayPal's guidelines, i.e. if they do not currently pay in your country this will not be an option for you.

Please vote in the Poll and beyond PayPal please list in the comments the #1 way you would want to be paid if you live outside of the United States.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks @Joe Styler for the feedback , guys i understand the Needs and frustrations for some of our members who would like to see other payment methods, one thing at a time and hopefully we shall get there.

•••
@alcy,

If you want, I'm willing to go back and count all the votes payoneer got in this sole thread.

When Joe opened the thread he created a poll asking only for Paypal whether we want it or not, but people then wrote their opinions and made it clearly that services like Payoneer and Skrill are their no.1 pick.

as I mentioned before, I am not basing my 99% number on couple dozen people posting on this thread. i am thinking more about the millions of users gd has right now.
and the things they heard from them over phone, emails, and all other imaginable ways to get feedback about what they want for payment.

I am sorry, but I will never believe godaddy is going ahead with paypal versus say skrill, while having received more requests to implement skrill than paypal. but I will stand corrected gladly of course, if Joe can confirm otherwise.

Last edited:
•••
•••
We are not stopping at PayPal. I understand that there are many places that PayPal is not accepted as a payment method. We are looking at the other options as well and are exploring different options to help make payments easier for the non US based customers. We think that ALL of our customers are important no matter where they live or do business and we are trying to make some progress in this area so we can help make things easier for everyone.

•••
@Joe Styler Today I have edited my payee account to PayPal payment method. What will happen with an ongoing deals, which were started before your PayPal implementation, but still not finished and not paid?

•••
@Joe Styler thank you for letting us know and also i am now using paypal for my listings , when one is sold how long will it take before it goes in my paypal ?

•••
I dont know how long it will take since it was just implemented earlier today. Normally you are paid in Paypal and the funds show immediately. In most cases we pay 5-6 days after the sale happens if the domain name was registered with GoDaddy before the sale happened. If it is a transfer in to the buyer from another registrar the payment takes longer because it takes longer to get the domain name to the buyer.

•••
We are not stopping at PayPal. I understand that there are many places that PayPal is not accepted as a payment method. We are looking at the other options as well and are exploring different options to help make payments easier for the non US based customers.

It's good to hear that.

E.g. I'm a regular seller on GoDaddy marketplace with to date 140 domains sold there. It's easy to calculate how much profit GoDaddy yields from my sales. Although I'm not from the USA, Paypal has always been available for me as GoDaddy payee. However that didn't help me at all since Paypal isn't fully operational in my country (we only have send option).

It happened many times for me that I accumulated $980 from my sales on GoDaddy but needed to wait to reach $1000 threshold in order to get my net proceeds via wire transfer. It's sometimes frustrating to know that you earned money but don't have it in your hands.

Hopefully Joe, you will add Payoneer next because they have millions of customers already (the most votes on this forum also) and provide their services without restrictions based on country of residence.

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler one of my listing sold and I received "problem with your paypal funding" message from Godaddy. I don't understand the problem, my default payee setting is receiving payment as Good as Gold balance. The mail is a noreply type as usual and only have a link to my account-payees section. I checked and edited. Should I contact Godaddy or will they try sending the payment again?

•••
@Joe Styler one of my listing sold and I received "problem with your paypal funding" message from Godaddy. I don't understand the problem, my default payee setting is receiving payment as Good as Gold balance. The mail is a noreply type as usual and only have a link to my account-payees section. I checked and edited. Should I contact Godaddy or will they try sending the payment again?
If you pm me the info I can have someone look at it.

•••
@Joe Styler Today I have edited my payee account to PayPal payment method. What will happen with an ongoing deals, which were started before your PayPal implementation, but still not finished and not paid?

PayPal is a new payment option, and the system has not been fully implemented. It may take 7 days before your payment is processed.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Regards,

Don W
Aftermarket Support

•••
You will need to go through your listings and update them to the new payee info if you created a new payee. If you only have one payee and you edited it then you are ok and should not need to update anything.

•••
I just wanted to circle back and say we Launched Payments Via Paypal this week for International Customers. There is a $25 threshold to pay - we have to owe you $25 or more for a payment to take place and there is a $1 fee per disbursement. We cover the Paypal fees for sending money but there may be an additional fee for currency exchange etc charged by PayPal or your bank.

If you want to be paid via PayPal make sure you go into your account and update your payee information to PayPal https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-your-payee-information-1369

There are other things we are considering that will also help with non U.S. payments in the future.

•••
I am wondering why does GoDaddy currently shows broken and illogical search results for Premium Listings - those that may be paid using paypal as per this thread - if the user simply peforms _exact domain search_ on GoDaddy homepage?

In about 50% of cases, at the time of this writing, premium domains are shown as pure unavailable. Sometimes "search again" button helps and domain immediately becomes available, sometimes it does not.

Up to the following bizarre situations:

- I have (lets say) AbcConsulting dot com listed as premium

- A search for AbcConsulting.com shows that it is unavailable (but there is an option to backorder or to use domainbuy service)

- Abc.Consulting is available as a registry premium for higher price (vs my abcconsulting.com)

- AbcConsulting.xyz is right here for $0.99

- SuperAbcConuslting.com owned by HugeDomains is offered as a perfect premium alternative

:(

Last edited:
•••
Hi Joe, we need skrill for withdrawer, skrill is widely accepted in many countries, millions of godaddy customers (including me) will be very happy if skrill is implemented. should i create a poll so you can see the outcome? Or a petition at change.org?

•••
I am wondering why does GoDaddy currently shows broken and illogical search results for Premium Listings - those that may be paid using paypal as per this thread - if the user simply peforms _exact domain search_ on GoDaddy homepage?

In about 50% of cases, at the time of this writing, premium domains are shown as pure unavailable. Sometimes "search again" button helps and domain immediately becomes available, sometimes it does not.

Up to the following bizarre situations:

- I have (lets say) AbcConsulting dot com listed as premium

- A search for AbcConsulting.com shows that it is unavailable (but there is an option to backorder or to use domainbuy service)

- Abc.Consulting is available as a registry premium for higher price (vs my abcconsulting.com)

- AbcConsulting.xyz is right here for $0.99

- SuperAbcConuslting.com owned by HugeDomains is offered as a perfect premium alternative

:(
We typically show the exact match domain if it's available. So when searching for your domain abc.com and you listed it for sale it should show up as for sale. It is pretty hard to troubleshoot a hypothetical situation but some reasons may be:

someone else searched for the domain and there is an interaction with it, this could be at GoDaddy or somewhere else if you listed it with Afternic, then it may be that someone at Network Solutions put the name into their shopping cart. Or it could be someone on the auctions site put it into their cart etc. Bottom line there are several scenarios where the name will not show up if someone else is trying to buy it or we think someone is trying to buy it. This could be being triggered by you repeatedly searching for the same name if the cookies are not working correctly and we can't identify you every time as the same person who just checked. We don't want to sell a name twice so we put a hold on it while someone is actively trying to buy it. We also don't want someone to see your name, decide they need to get hosting and email and by the time they finally check out have had someone else buy it so we give people some time to check out.

Bottom line is when someone is looking for a domain we show it for sale if it is available because people tend to buy the names they search for.

•••
Joe, thank you for the response. I can confirm that the problem still occurs on completely different domains - browsers - IPs, so there are no cookie or shopping cart issues. Certanly no afternic issues as well, as the domains are listed directly as godaddy premiums (no afternic or their distribution partners). There definitely was some recent change in GoDaddy's 1st page behavior, as I periodically do random checks of my premium listings and it is 1st time I noticed this "domain taken" problem.
I have however escalated this issue with my account manager in the meantime, hope that it would be resolved, and the following statement from your post makes me think positive about this :"when someone is looking for a domain we show it for sale"

•••
Has anyone received money?

•••
Has anyone received money?

I have contacted them few days ago and they promised payments to be done this week. They explained that delay was due to the PayPal implementation.
Had few payments in queue at Afternic as well and they started with payments yesterday, so I hope GD will start too.

•••
Hello @Joe Styler

Any news about new payee methods for international customers?

Last edited:
•••
I just wanted to circle back and say we Launched Payments Via Paypal this week for International Customers. There is a $25 threshold to pay - we have to owe you $25 or more for a payment to take place and there is a $1 fee per disbursement. We cover the Paypal fees for sending money but there may be an additional fee for currency exchange etc charged by PayPal or your bank.

If you want to be paid via PayPal make sure you go into your account and update your payee information to PayPal https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-your-payee-information-1369

There are other things we are considering that will also help with non U.S. payments in the future.

Why can't I add PayPal ? Only possible options are wire and cheque.

•••
I want to get a sense of how helpful it would be to open up payments to customers outside of the United States via PayPal for any domain sales revenue you earn. Understanding that you would have to still follow PayPal's guidelines, i.e. if they do not currently pay in your country this will not be an option for you.

Please vote in the Poll and beyond PayPal please list in the comments the #1 way you would want to be paid if you live outside of the United States.
the more options to pay is better so exploring all possible means such as PayPal, Payoneer, etc is a good move and probably today (2022) it is rare to see sites that do not offer this mode of payments.

•••
Back