IT.COM

GoDaddy payments to Non US sellers - Poll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

If we opened the ability to pay non US customers via PayPal would this be helpful for you?

• 74 votes
  • Ended 8 years ago
  • Final results

Joe Styler

Aftermarket Product ManagerTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
I want to get a sense of how helpful it would be to open up payments to customers outside of the United States via PayPal for any domain sales revenue you earn. Understanding that you would have to still follow PayPal's guidelines, i.e. if they do not currently pay in your country this will not be an option for you.

Please vote in the Poll and beyond PayPal please list in the comments the #1 way you would want to be paid if you live outside of the United States.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm a little confused about why there has to be a discussion around payment methods.

I'm sure there must be a valid reason but I dont understand why can't everyone that does business online have all the main payment gateways as options. So that people can choose whatever option they want. Am I missing something, are there tax implications or cost implications that I am not aware off?

•••
@Joe Styler

When will the PayPal option going to be implemented. I think we have enough votes here now in favor of PayPal option. How long does it take to get it implemented?

•••
I'm a little confused about why there has to be a discussion around payment methods.

I'm sure there must be a valid reason but I dont understand why can't everyone that does business online have all the main payment gateways as options. So that people can choose whatever option they want. Am I missing something, are there tax implications or cost implications that I am not aware off?

Additionally, I see NO reason why people can not recieve payments as little as $50 that is being tied in various godaddy account just because they do not meet the initial threshold. It is wrong, very wrong to hold people's money no matter how godaddy tries to justify their claims, especially where domain names have been transferred to buyers, while the seller is yet to get paid.

•••
Add Payoneer, Skrill and PayPal as payee methods for every country in the world.

•••
Add Payoneer, Skrill and PayPal as payee methods for every country in the world.
like deez007 stated earlier, this isn't something that warrants creating a thread for; they should know what payment method appeals to the larger populace where paypal is not option. To the best of my knowledge, many, aside stubborn paypal, payment processor are widely available across the globe.

Skrill, Scripe, Payoneer (leader of all for convenience and easy access of funds) and Neteller

•••
Just want to keep this thread alive. I know it is not the best time of the year for action, but still this matter is so important...

•••
Payoneer (most universal), Skrill and PayPal would be great!

•••
Additionally, I see NO reason why people can not recieve payments as little as $50 that is being tied in various godaddy account just because they do not meet the initial threshold. It is wrong, very wrong to hold people's money no matter how godaddy tries to justify their claims, especially where domain names have been transferred to buyers, while the seller is yet to get paid.

I had $120 sale and had to wait for than a year to get paid when I kept bugging Joe . I even told them give me as store credit which they finally did :)

•••
I had $120 sale and had to wait for than a year to get paid when I kept bugging Joe . I even told them give me as store credit which they finally did :)
Really? You had to wait 1 year until you got paid for your sale???? ?? ?

•••
Really? You had to wait 1 year until you got paid for your sale???? ?? ?
More than one year. Based on my country, I have check, and wire, Wire needs to have $1000 net before they can send .

•••
Guys, take a look at the email message from GoDaddy saying 'You've been paid'. In that message they say for what domain names the payment is sent and next to the domain name it says 'METHOD - TIPALTI'. GoDaddy is using services of Tipalti which sends wire transfers to GoDaddy's customers. Then you go to Tipalti.com website or simply open this link http://tipalti.com/how-it-works/pay-methods/ and you can see various payment methods that are supported by Tipalti. One of them is Payoneer so GoDaddy can make agreement or whatever they need to do so Tipalti can pay their customers via Payoneer or there can always happen a direct agreement between GoDaddy and Payoneer.

Why Payoneer? Unlike Paypal, Payoneer is supported in every country in the world and you get an ATM card in the standard package so your available payoneer balance is always with you.

•••
@Joe Styler , Hi any update about the progress of having Paypal as Payee for Non US activated for us.

•••
Yes we are actively working on adding it now. I am not sure how long it will take to get it added but it is being worked on currently.

•••
@Joe,

It's great you finally decided to add more payout options, but since Paypal doesn't offer their services in all countries worldwide, it would be much more effective to add Payoneer or Skrill since everyone from every corner in the world can be paid using atm cards issued by above mentioned services.

•••
@Joe,

It's great you finally decided to add more payout options, but since Paypal doesn't offer their services in all countries worldwide, it would be much more effective to add Payoneer or Skrill since everyone from every corner in the world can be paid using atm cards issued by above mentioned services.

sounds like something to consider after paypal is added. cheers.

•••
Yes we are actively working on adding it now. I am not sure how long it will take to get it added but it is being worked on currently.

what about payoneer or skrill?

•••
I think Joe knows stats better than me.. but the reason they say they are working on adding paypal now is not something totally random as some may think, but because they have received more requests for it (and I don't mean this namepros thread only.. cause they got phone support, email etc) than for other payment methods.

paypal has ~200 million active users. and is by far the number one payment method on the planet. a company like gd has no choice but to take this into account whne trying to decide if they'll take paypal or some other thing like skrill. everything is always based on majorities. because it is impossible to satisfy all. and bad biz to satisify minority only.

which is not to say I don't understand what it means when a country does not allow paypal.
and I hope one day they do what is needed to accomodate the entire planet. or paypal does that by expanding their services to all places. last I checked they are not exactly decreasing the list of eligible countries... nor standing still with it... so the only way is up imo..

good luck.. and again, thanks for this well overdue but fantastic move godaddy!

Last edited:
•••
I don't think all those you wrote up there is for me. I have my reason for requesting for payoneer or skrill and nobody is disputing Paypal's dominance. However, there is still a huge number of countries where paypal isn't fully operational. In Nigeria, we can only spend but can't receive paypal funds. How do you handle cases like mine, huh? Payoneer and Skrill are fully operational.

What I think is appropriate to say is compatibility with Godaddy's financial status.

•••
its really not a compliccated answer to your question.
every business including GD will try to accomodate MOST of their clients first.
because like I jusst said it is NEVER possible to accomodate all (at least not at once), and is plain bad biz to try accomoate minority instead of majority (and I'm sure GD executives are more than biz savy).

like I Said, I hope GD one day has you covered and everyone else. but rest assured, when they got a choice between either making 1 million clients happy and 100 or 1000, they will always go for 1 million. and if you were GD owner, you would do exactly the same thing.

cheers

•••
I don't think all those you wrote up there is for me. I have my reason for requesting for payoneer or skrill and nobody is disputing Paypal's dominance. However, there is still a huge number of countries where paypal isn't fully operational. In Nigeria, we can only spend but can't receive paypal funds. How do you handle cases like mine, huh? Payoneer and Skrill are fully operational.

What I think is appropriate to say is compatibility with Godaddy's financial status.

Payoneer is cheap, less fees, they also do bank transfer free of charge. That would also be nice if GoDaddy add it as payee.

•••
What you fail to understand is that 1 of the options accommodate everyone(payoneer) while the other segregates (paypal). So when you talk about stat, it does not hold water here.

I put it to you again alcy, which is better? one that covers the whole world (payoneer) and another that covers a section of the world (paypal)?

•••
Payoneer is cheap, less fees, they also do bank transfer free of charge. That would also be nice if GoDaddy add it as payee.

and I'm sure payoneer would be what they'd be adding now instead of paypal. IF they got more requests for payoneer than paypal. but they didn't. unfair as this may sound to some.. it's also just that simple.. it's nothing but a number of requests received for one thing.. versus another.

sure there could be some technicalities and agreements involved.. bulk fees to pay.. discounts etc.. its things of which none of us are aware.. only gd+skrill or gd+paypal know the details... but.. I'm still betting its strictly based on what most people requested.

•••

AND they have wider coverage than Paypal due to their mode of operation as opposed to Paypal. The only advantage paypal has is that their are the pioneer and have the US government backing them. I don't see anything much special about them.

•••
What you fail to understand is that 1 of the options accommodate everyone(payoneer) while the other segregates (paypal). So when you talk about stat, it does not hold water here.

I put it to you again alcy, which is better? one that covers the whole world (payoneer) and another that covers a section of the world (paypal)?

I'm taking guess with results here a bit.. but which part of:

99% current gd clients requested paypal
1% requested payoneer

is not holding water?

•••
@alcy,

If you want, I'm willing to go back and count all the votes payoneer got in this sole thread.

When Joe opened the thread he created a poll asking only for Paypal whether we want it or not, but people then wrote their opinions and made it clearly that services like Payoneer and Skrill are their no.1 pick.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back