IT.COM

discuss Hand reg is your friend, no matter what others say

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Dear beginners,

Everyone here was a beginner when they started investing. Not everyone starts domain investing with $5,000. Especially for people who are from developing countries, $5,000 is like 2 years of groceries. In fact, that is one of the reasons why domain investing is one of the most attractive businesses. You can start off with literally $500 or maybe $100 even.

Especially for people starting off with less than $500
Trust me, no matter what people say, it makes sense that when you are starting off, you go for hand registration and control your sales rather than sit on a number of names in your first year, waiting for the buyer to come and press the BIN button. So, I would advise you to go for hand-registration names in the beginning and control your destiny by selling them via outbound, or active reach out.

As you start making some sales, and you have a spare $1,000 apart from some cash flow, you can start getting in more liquid names - 4L .COMs, experiment with .CO, .XYZ and so on. But start with something you can sell actively!

Do let me know if you have any questions about hand registration.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is very bad "advice" for beginners.

You are spamming the forum with non-sense questions about any topic possible because you don't know anything, and yet, you are giving beginners "advice" to hand-register names.

If you are a beginner and reading this DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE.

There are a lot of really professional and kind domainers here sharing info daily on how to become a successful domainer. Show some respect and just read what the real PROs say.

Last edited:
•••
I think it would be really difficult to sell hand regged domains via outbound or active reach out. Success rate would be one in thousand maybe?

•••
He has a good point about the fact that not every new domainer can afford to invest a substantial sum of money which is needed to purchase very good names.

But the advice I'd have loved to see should be about beginners educating themselves thoroughly on what makes a good name before building a portfolio either through expired drops, handregs, or whatever. Acquiring the right knowledge (at least the most important basics) before any other thing cannot be over emphasized.

•••
Terrible advice. Beginners are the worst hand reggers known to man. If you can’t afford good names or a good upfront investment you are unfortunately in the wrong business. I only advise seasoned domainers to hand reg.

•••

You are spamming the forum with non-sense questions about any topic possible because you don't know anything, and yet, you are giving beginners "advice" to hand-register names.

There are a lot of really professional and kind domainers here sharing info daily on how to become a successful domainer. Show some respect and just read what the real PROs say.
The blind (prob looking for validation) leading the blind.
The op should invest in the DN Academy course before posting.

Last edited:
•••
I think that hand regging is almost an inevitable path every newbie will take. The thing is that you need to be able to understand (before renewal time) why your first regs were trash and learn from it.

I wouldn't recommend beginners to try to buy “good names“ at wholesale prices either as they usually don't know what a “good name“ is. They would be making the same mistakes as when hand-regging, but it would cost them a lot more money.

The reason why hand regs work for some people is that these people are experienced domainers who are able to spot the value in them. I think this is the exact same reason they are successful with non-handregged domains.

Bottom line: Read and Learn as much as you can before acquiring any new domains (regardless of their nature)

Last edited:
•••
I hand reg 99.99% all my domains and resell them for big bucks ,high ROI, easy peasy

•••
He has a good point about the fact that not every new domainer can afford to invest a substantial sum of money which is needed to purchase very good names.

But the advice I'd have loved to see should be about beginners educating themselves thoroughly on what makes a good name before building a portfolio either through expired drops, handregs, or whatever. Acquiring the right knowledge (at least the most important basics) before any other thing cannot be over emphasized.
It would be nice to see a checklist to go through when buying a domain. Things like are backlinks important etc. AS someone who has only bought domains for sites I thought I could develop, I would love to see a post that discusses the criteria to search for a valuable domain.

•••
How can a person who never sold anything and keep asking nonsense questions gave advises to other people?
He did more harm than good by creating these type of threads.

•••
It would be nice to see a checklist to go through when buying a domain. Things like are backlinks important etc. AS someone who has only bought domains for sites I thought I could develop, I would love to see a post that discusses the criteria to search for a valuable domain.
First of all, I am not a pro so do not take my opinion seriously.

To your question, I don't have a checklist. If I think a name is good enough at face value, I register it. I believe most times, end users are only concerned about the name rather than underlying metrics. That is not to say that a name with good metrics isn't more desirable.

As a newbie, there are many things you will need to learn but it just doesn't happen in a day, a week, or even a month. I think the knowledge comes through experience. Experience comes through doing, avoiding past mistakes, and striving to be better everyday.

I will advise you digest the important threads in the beginners' section. Here is the link: https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-domain-beginner-resources.844937/

Spotting a good name like I said comes with experience. What better way to learn than reading on names that sold in the past. The daily sales report on namebio is important for any serious beginner.

The reported sales thread on this forum is equally a goldmine. If you can, it is advised to read from the beginning or from wherever you want. You should however take not of timestamps when relating past sales to present day. https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-975#post-8606456

For the fact that a name sold doesn't mean it is the best. For the fact that a name dropped doesn't mean it is not sellable. With experience, you will come to understand this statement.
Good luck.

•••
How can a person who never sold anything and keep asking nonsense questions gave advises to other people?
At least the guy is trying to engage in conversation. All you do is post nonsense about your wife and negativity

•••
Listen to the wrong advice will make you lose money.
What's the reason to post these nonsense questions?

•••
Listen to the wrong advice will make you lose money.
What's the reason to post these nonsense questions?
There is loads of advice all over namepros. Everyone is entitled to their view on how they see or read things. It is then up to the reader to decide what they are going to do with the abundance of different information they have. It's not up to you to decide who can post what. If you don't agree with someone, you have the option to block or just scroll past.

•••
I started my domaining with 300 budget,
I spent it on two names, I never regretted about it

•••
What happened? Were you wildly successful selling the two?

Last edited:
•••

How is a beginner going to know that the buy it now your hoping he buys from you is worth 5k or 5 bucks, hand reg is great if you know what your doing , 5 years ago I sold a gambling domain to a guy in europe ,he never renewed it ,by the time i noticed this the domain was unregistered for 13 months ,yes I hand regged it AGAIN and sold it buy it now afternic for 8888 ,so your advice is poor ,to each his own ,there is too many good domains expiring and not enough people in the industry to buy them.

Last edited:
•••
First of all, what is the definition of hand reg?

Is buying by search interesting name those available, shorting from 20 millions of dropped domains using filter like registered in minimum extensions, including this hand reg?

Is buying available CVCVCV domains including in hand reg a domain?

Searching a colour+animal keyword that is available, is it hand reg?

Or hand reg is only mean as you register everything you thought good?

Let"s say, searching available good CVCVCV domains need some tricks, searching available colour+animal .com is more difficult, and sometime it pays off your efford

•••

What were the domains? Care to share? I guess I need some advice badly.

•••
I think he is working on NamePros ('abstract' domainer not real). Such threads are bring related traffic to the forum. This is just seo and marketing tactics.

•••
I hand reg lots of domains during the good old days of the GD 99cent coupons and resold them for big bucks!!

•••
I hand reg lots of domains during the good old days of the GD 99cent coupons and resold them for big bucks!!
Have you sold a lot of those su*k balls/bullsh*t domains you have?

Last edited:
•••
I think he is working on NamePros ('abstract' domainer not real). Such threads are bring related traffic to the forum. This is just seo and marketing tactics.
So padding out the forum by pumping out random content for the algorithm then.

•••
•••
Not many opportunities here, sure you can hand-reg a few good domains here and there, but you won't make serious money with this tactic.

•••
Back