Dynadot

Help!!! How to deal with NetworkSolutions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Hello friends,

I have 2 thousands name now with Networksolutions, and about 1/3 expiring or expired. I am busy in transferring the names....

I have called them and request for spread sheet of auth code and asked them to unlock the domains, however, they never sent that

I manually unlocked and requested auth code one by one. However, when I transferred those names, the names are failed in transfer, either because of the wrong auth code, or the locking status (they already unlocked from NSI control panel)

What can I do? What's the best way to save my domains. I know many of you already warned me and some others that dont transfer names to networksolutions, yes you are all right

But, please tell me what I should do now. the right solutions

thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Best registrar ever to be honest.

First I requested auth code on the website like a normal person. Waited 3 days only to receive an incorrect code.

Talked with support, got a ticket, they promised valid code within a day, 4 days passed, nothing happened, but they closed the ticket.

Talked with support again, ticket reopened, they promised a code within 2 days, I received the very same incorrect code as the first time. How fun, I get to see my old friend again. Ticket closed.

I just talked with support again, I got a brand new ticket this time, and a promise to resolve this within 2 days. Can't wait to find out what's next!

It's been over 10 days now. Every other registrar you click a button and there're your valid auth code 100% of the time within 2 seconds. Feels great to be a customer of Network Solutions.

Last edited:
•••
Best registrar ever to be honest.

First I requested auth code on the website like a normal person. Waited 3 days only to receive an incorrect code.

Talked with support, got a ticket, they promised valid code within a day, 4 days passed, nothing happened, but they closed the ticket.

Talked with support again, ticket reopened, they promised a code within 2 days, I received the very same incorrect code as the first time. How fun, I get to see my old friend again. Ticket closed.

I just talked with support again, I got a brand new ticket this time, and a promise to resolve this within 2 days. Can't wait to find out what's next!

It's been over 10 days now. Every other registrar you click a button and there're your valid auth code 100% of the time within 2 seconds. Feels great to be a customer of Network Solutions.
i find myself in the same situation

•••
I've made five calls to Network Solutions over the past week after consistently getting invalid authorization codes for multiple domain names.

I started with online chats on the NetWork site but the online support reps tell me again and again to call in because they cannot handle this problem.

The fastest response I've had is calling, hitting the "cancellation" option on the phone menu tree, and waiting the 20-30 minutes on hold because of the "unusal" very busy time with their understaffed support group.

Those "cancellation" support reps seem to have a higher placement in the support heirarchy and can get your a replacement code in minutes.

Once I tell them the code they just sent is the exact same invalid code they previously emailed through their system I am then told "these codes expire in 5 days so that's why they don't work."

When I explain, I just received the code the day before and my currently registrar called the registry and verified the code is invalid, the NetSol rep then "escalates" the problem to someone that can actually send you a valid authorization code. This step delays the transfer another 3-4 days, somtimes longer if my request was again ignored and I need to call back yet again.

This is an ongoing problem with NetSol. For any names registered there, I plan transfers out with weeks or even months left on the registration term knowing I will be waste hours of my time on hold and many days waiting for them to do what they are required to do - send me a valid code when I request it.

This is much more than tortious interfererce. It's consumer fraud that the government should address. The FTC may act but only if they see a pattern of reports on the same issue.

I encourage everyone experiencing this issue to go to https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ and fill in the form.

•••
i just received an email from netsol telling me that the person who got my request can't handle it and it must be passed on to someone who can handle it...i received the similar email on fri apr 29. a lot of fuss over an auth code, something that should be available on each domain management page.

•••
Back