Dynadot

High CPC = High price?

NameSilo
Watch

sartanion

Established Member
Impact
Hello, I can see kinda lot of expired domains with CPC $100+ as expired sometimes, I guess they are not worth much tho.
At least not the names, but hat about CPC, is it same like with traffic? - If you have 4words.com website that would not be worth a thing without traffic, but when it has been established website and it's traffic is still high, price skyrokets, right?
Is it the same with high CPC?

For example, MesotheliomaLawsuitLawyers(.)com it's cpc was 566.91 USD (according to expireddomains(.)net), it's really high, but still, is this any indicator of some sort? (Already registered, but I hope you get the point!)

Thank you
Sartanion

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
CPC alone is not a good indicator. Domains like the above for the most part have a ton of sh*tty spam links. Aside from that, nobody is going to type that domain into their browser. You need to look at the full stat spectrum of the domain. There are many other values that need to be taken into account. If it were that easy, everyone could do this...

•••
I thought so, so even if one "indicator" were unbeliavably high, it does not matter, but you have to look at domain as an complex thing that is combined from a lot of factors that influence it'S price, right?

•••
I thought so, so even if one "indicator" were unbeliavably high, it does not matter, but you have to look at domain as an complex thing that is combined from a lot of factors that influence it'S price, right?

Exactly

•••
The "magic" number to best compare pure "potential" value =

CPC x traffic (search volume)
Obviously it's not that simple .. there are other factors involved .. but to answer your question .. no .. CPC alone doesn't really tell you anything about the value of a domain.

and brandables are completely separate and can't be compared using metrics at all ..

•••
Ignore those numbers is the best advice I can give you, as from my experience they are rarely correct. Everyone has different methods but.... Would you seriously drop a domain if it made enough to pay for itself and others via cash parking?

•••
Back