IT.COM

legal Hiring Domain Attorney for Epik in emerging market location

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
As some folks here know, Epik is regularly on the receiving end of various inquiries from WIPO and National Arbitration Forum (NAF) related to domain disputes.

For many clients, the cost of conventional defense is simply out of range, e.g. $10K to defend a domain where the cost basis was $1000 or less. This is simply not economic in too many cases.

A further concern is the case where the domain is held privately and where the end-registrant prefers to not de-cloak for one reason or another.

Some of these issues has been covered in other NP threads, e.g. here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/have-you-hugged-your-whois-privacy-provider-today.1162503

https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...upper-that-is-held-via-privacy-proxy.1163437/

To address the need for cost-effective representation, Epik is seeking a capable domain name attorney.

The person needs to be skilled in preparing and responding to UDRP and legal complaints about domains from WIPO and NAF, while maintaining oversight of related regulatory compliance for handing such inquiries.

As these cases are being adjudicated by panels and not in courts of law, the main core competencies required for this role is (1) researching, (2) drafting responses and (3) managing communication with WIPO or NAF.

The ideal candidate will also be able to articulate their position in the public forum, e.g. on NamePros both to invite input but also to shed light on decisions that were wrongly adjudicated.

An entrepreneurial candidate could also play a leadership role in the prospective creation of a professional service brand under the name DNAdvocate.com, secured by Epik in 2019.

The position is being created in an emerging market location in order to be able to drop the price point for being able to competently prepare responses to under $1000 so as to be economic for non-premium names.

Looking a bit further ahead, it is possible that DNAdvocate.com will also take contingency cases -- filing a response and then sharing proceeds from eventual settlement if the response prevails.

The first step is to solve the supply chain issue -- making it economic to response to overreach cases without having to spend 5 figures to mount a viable defense!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sir, is this job still available ? I am an advocate from a emerging market. And I am into domain investing. I am having knowledge of domains and trademark issues.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, possibly!

Can you add me on Skype: robertmonster

We can have a discussion.

Send me a LinkedIn or resume to [email protected].

•••
Thanks for your reply sir. I have emailed my resume and I have added you on Skype. Waiting for your favorable reply . Thank you .

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back