IT.COM

How do you sell on GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Clover

Find your luckTop Member
Impact
Hello everyone.

I finally got my account working with GoDaddy, and am wondering, how do you guys list your domains for to get the max dollar for them?

Do you pay for the Featured listing?

Do you set a reserve?

Do you let the auction start at $20 and work it's way up, so that it can become more "active"?

Do you set the categories to "Other>All"?

I've just listed quite a few of my good domains for $20 starting out with no reserve, if the market sees value in it, I figure they will bid.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really want to know too

•••
I really want to know too
Good questions.
1) Featured Listings -- never worked for me
2) Reserve Price-- makes sense, unless you want to potentially give the domain away for the starting price. . And, you could get lucky and have a domain bid up, but it's risky if there's any real value in it.

I tried GoDaddy auctions over the years. Never worked for me. The evidence was doubtful that anyone was actually seeing my listings. Even lowering the price way lower than their estimated values didn't work. Admittedly, I never tried it without a reserve.

It wasn't until I came to NamePros, that I finally started being able to sell my domains using other strategies learned here.

Best of Luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back