IT.COM

How to earn the most money on your site? Currently using AdSense

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As the title says I am looking to learn about the best way to earn money from your website. My current website that I have been putting a lot of time into is an arcade website. I currently have Google Ads running on there but I am not receiving a lot of clicks but I am having a lot of traffic to the site.

Are there any programs that will pay based off of traffic? Is there a better way than ad sense or another way to combine with ad sense to optimize your site to make the most money?

Please any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Bill

Please any advise is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People visiting an arcade site are mainly there to play and not click ads ... I wouldn't expect a high CTR.

Are most of your adsense ads well-targeted to your content? If not, you might try tweaking your page copy, page titles, etc. to see if you can improve the targeting.

CPM programs exist, they don't pay that much unless you really have a LOT of traffic. Sorry, I don't work with those so I don't have any to recommend, maybe someone else does.

If you get good, targeted traffic, sell ad space directly. Look at who's advertising on competing sites.

If you know the demographics (age, gender, income, location) and interests of your visitors (or can at least make some educated guesses from the demographic info), you can also try affiliate programs for things which might appeal to them.

•••
People visiting an arcade site are mainly there to play and not click ads ... I wouldn't expect a high CTR.

Are most of your adsense ads well-targeted to your content? If not, you might try tweaking your page copy, page titles, etc. to see if you can improve the targeting.

CPM programs exist, they don't pay that much unless you really have a LOT of traffic. Sorry, I don't work with those so I don't have any to recommend, maybe someone else does.

If you get good, targeted traffic, sell ad space directly. Look at who's advertising on competing sites.

If you know the demographics (age, gender, income, location) and interests of your visitors (or can at least make some educated guesses from the demographic info), you can also try affiliate programs for things which might appeal to them.

Thank you for your response! I am bringing in a decent amount of traffic but I agree with what you said. Most people are coming to play, not click ads. That is why I was trying to look into a program that paid per visitor or per click (not sure what they are called). I am new to this whole ad sense, SEO, and marketing for my site.

•••
I'd look at what the competition is doing - who's advertising on theiir sites? Reach out to those people.

CPM = Cost per Thousand. You get paid something per 1000 views of the ad. That might work for you, but it usually isn't a lot.

•••
I'd look at what the competition is doing - who's advertising on theiir sites? Reach out to those people.

CPM = Cost per Thousand. You get paid something per 1000 views of the ad. That might work for you, but it usually isn't a lot.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will look into these now.

If anyone else has any input it is greatly appreciated.

•••
Id suggest registering with Commission Junction and join some affiliate programs that relate to your audience.. There are plenty of options on there.

You get paid per sale which gives potential to earn a lot, if people are clicking and buying etc..

•••
Id suggest registering with Commission Junction and join some affiliate programs that relate to your audience.. There are plenty of options on there.

You get paid per sale which gives potential to earn a lot, if people are clicking and buying etc..

Its an arcade website, so I am not sure as to what they could be purchasing that relates to that, but I can definitely give it a shot! Thank you for the suggestion I will check them out.

•••
Try using a CPM adnetwork or an alternative network like Infolinks, Chitika

•••
Try using a CPM adnetwork or an alternative network like Infolinks, Chitika

Thank you. I'm looking into this now!

•••
I still think that you can earn money through arcade site if you do proper seo and online advertisement of it.

•••
I still think that you can earn money through arcade site if you do proper seo and online advertisement of it.

I definitely think I can. That's what this post is about. Just finding the best program to do so.

•••
On my arcade site I have used http://www.mochimedia.com/. If you host their games on your server you can earn money for each game play. My site didn't get a great deal of traffic, so never really made much, but if you have the visitors I don't see why you couldn't run something like this in conjunction with another method of monetization.

•••
On my arcade site I have used http://www.mochimedia.com/. If you host their games on your server you can earn money for each game play. My site didn't get a great deal of traffic, so never really made much, but if you have the visitors I don't see why you couldn't run something like this in conjunction with another method of monetization.

Awesome! This is something I am looking for. I currently host a bunch of their games on my site so it would be nice to get paid on those. Thank you very much!

•••
Awesome! This is something I am looking for. I currently host a bunch of their games on my site so it would be nice to get paid on those. Thank you very much!

What arcade script do you use?

I setup a PHP script for ArcadeSiteScript, that could automatically download the game files from Mochi and install them on my site, I am sure the code could be modified to work for any script if needed.

•••
What arcade script do you use?

I setup a PHP script for ArcadeSiteScript, that could automatically download the game files from Mochi and install them on my site, I am sure the code could be modified to work for any script if needed.

I use YourArcadeScript. It also has the automatic Mochi feed. I never set up my Mochi.html file so I could be missing out on some revenue.

•••
Why not try the Yahoo Feed? It will be monetize your traffic into money!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back