IT.COM

I am Todd Han, Founder of Dynadot, Ask Me Any Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
APA will begin Friday, May 22 from 4-6pm PDT, but wanted to open the thread now in case you're unable to join me during that time. If you have questions or comments you would like to make, feel free to submit them here and I will try to address them during the interactive interview session.

I started Dynadot in 2002, in a spare bedroom at home. I still remember getting my first order for $7.99, and jumping up and down in excitement. Back then Verisign charged $6 per .com domain, and there was no ICANN fee yet. In those early days I did everything: customer service, website programming, accounting, and marketing. As the business grew I eventually rented an office and starting building the excellent team running the company today.

I have loved computers since I was a child. Writing code and solving technical problems always came naturally to me. I studied computer science in college, and spent many hours in the dark underground computer labs at UC Berkeley. Sadly I stopped coding about 2 years ago, to focus on strategy and management. But someday I plan to return to my first love, computer programming.

Why did I start Dynadot? I was building a website for my mother for her vacation house. I was using another registrar, and thought to myself I could write a better control panel. Being young and naive, I didn’t think that much and just jumped in and applied to be a registrar. It is a competitive and difficult industry, but I have enjoyed all these years, and am proud of what we have built.

Ask me anything.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for the posts Mr. Han.

•••
How is it that you are able to buy our expiring domains through porkbun before we have a chance to renew or pay redemption fee. We have had this experience with dynadot on multiple domain names. We have taken your offer to Ask Me Anything" Please provide an answer.
We're currently partnered with Porkbun to allow their expired domains to be auctioned within our marketplace. I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to renew those domains but we wouldn't be able to advise on the grace renewal period being offered by Porkbun unfortunately, we'd need to ask you to contact Porkbun for clarification on that.

- Daniel King

Last edited:
•••
Hi
Can you add more payment options like Bitcoin or Webmoney?

Personally I like Dynadot and this is first time I know that Todd Han is Dynadot founder. Its really better if your company provide online support via whatsapp number.
Thank you both for the suggestions, I've had these passed on to our team for consideration.

- Daniel King

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back