Dynadot

events I AM LAMBO

NameSilo
Watch

lambo.com

Top Member
Impact
Hello frens,

I AM LAMBO of LAMBO.com and I will defend, defeat and humiliate those endeavouring to steal any of my domain name brands - including my moniker.

We have stood by in meek positioning watching poor decisions, one after another, rendered typically by "SOLE PANELISTS" - albeit with exceptions and inconsistency.

Digital assets stripped from legal holders and registrants who immediately (apparently), default to defensive posturing against Reverse Domain Name Hijackers (RDNH).

The injustice propagated against domain investors, speculators and BUILDERS - will not continue as it has.

In my case, a car company called "Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A." is attempting THEFT of my asset, nomenclature and taxonomy they possess ZERO rights to.

https://www.udrpsearch.com/wipo/d2022-1570

Counter measures to humiliate such endeavours are afoot. Unlawful theft will be duly punished through legal and commensurate counter efforts including any coerced and submissive accomplices.

Humiliation is inevitable should they desire METAWAR, even as the car company, NISSAN, found out with NISSAN.com
https://web.archive.org/web/20200131113518/https://www.nissan.com/

This is enough for now, I will continue to update as necessary.

In the meanwhile, you can add me on lichess (@lamboDOTcom).

We will save our industry from the filth that seeks to dismember it's legitimacy.

Thank you for time and God Bless. May the VRIL be with you.

lambo.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And free gas for 5 years. Actually if they got the site than released the detail that they paid with one of their cars, the publicity will be worth 100 million.
Yes, itΒ΄s a win - win.
But not need 5 years free gas more. The Veneno Roadster value is fine.
"The auction house estimates this Veneno Roadster could fetch between $5 million and $6.1 million, well above the $4 million original price tag."

•••
HK2 email sent on Sunday 8th May as follows.

None too keen to sign in their own name. Was it deleted from signature before sending? :unsure: Perhaps I'll write to 'them' today.

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day!

r2.1.png
r2.2.png

Last edited:
•••
You pointed lambo dot com to this thread :)
Get a hamster and name him Lambo

•••
The letter states, "Complainant (Lamborghini) owns trademarks in the USA..."

However, they no longer own "Lambo" as it expired in 2017.

So, Lamborghini owns trademarks in the USA - just not "Lambo". Fracking idiots.

lambo.JPG

•••
Freaking idiots. Worse than Nissan.com in their incompetence.

•••

Show attachment 215557

And the domain name registration date
Lambo.com
Created March/2000
Before the filing date of lambo trademark in 2007 which also cancelled in 2017 πŸ˜„

Last edited:
•••
•••

Show attachment 215557
This above should be the very thing that sinks their case. Lambo is a surname and consists of the dictionary word Lamb plus an o. They valued it so much they let the Lambo mark die In the US.

Best of luck to you Lambo. You have been calling yourself Lambo here for as long as I can recall so its also a nickname of yours.

•••
They not have any right to this domain.
First the trademark is after domain registration, it expired some years ago in US, the lambo.it even does not seem to belong to them, they target your COM version, the NET and ORG are also reg prior to the expired trademark. The question did they target their owners or they own them (?), but I doubt.

This is most of times how they use UDRP and other policy to grab com domains free of charge.
And it does not matter how much you sell it for, if they want it they will have to buy it from you at your established price.
Also most of times the UDRP and complainants know that most domainers are uneducated and don't know their rights, that is why they target them and win most cases.
P.s. what a stupid brand name for car is Lamborghini, I have better names and better suited for cars and other tech.

Last edited:
•••
Here is the thing - you either have the right to own a domain or do not. If you do, you can ask any price you want as it is your rightful property.

Just asking a high price, absent anything else, is not bad faith.

Brad
I asked op a couple basic questions. I feel these questions should be easily answered if they want to go on the internet proclaiming(even pointing the domain to this thread??) they'll "humiliate" this evil company trying to "steal" the domain. They haven't responded, all the other replies are not actual arguments just wishful thinking.

I get your pov, however if op is really going to litigate then a self-justifying pov isn't enough unless they're really lucky. I haven't bothered to look it up, but someone else said the car folks own a trademark for this in the EU. If true, op's appears to be a squatter.

•••
You have been calling yourself Lambo here for as long as I can recall so its also a nickname of yours.
I think this is an important point, as one thing UDRP always consider is whether the person or company uses or goes by that name. As mentioned, for years you have used the name on this platform, and that is easily documented and obviously well before any claim. In fact, I , and I presume many other here, only know you by this name, not a full name or another nickname or anything else. With NamePros being a one million member online community, surely that should carry some weight.

The apparent lack of an active registered TM for this word by the auto company, and the TM they did have not predating the registration of this name, along with other uses for term lambo, including as a last name in some regions, seem to make this a tough case for them to win.

I hope that you opt for a panel, as some single person cases of late seem in error. There is a better chance of things not being slanted or overlooked in 3-person panel.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I will defend, defeat and humiliate those endeavouring to steal any of my domain name brands
I've got no doubt you will prevail...common sense and justice are on your side (not to mention they have no 'rights' to the name). Thanks for letting us know how things proceed.

•••
I asked op a couple basic questions. I feel these questions should be easily answered if they want to go on the internet proclaiming(even pointing the domain to this thread??) they'll "humiliate" this evil company trying to "steal" the domain. They haven't responded, all the other replies are not actual arguments just wishful thinking.

I get your pov, however if op is really going to litigate then a self-justifying pov isn't enough unless they're really lucky. I haven't bothered to look it up, but someone else said the car folks own a trademark for this in the EU. If true, op's appears to be a squatter.
As far as I can tell it doesn't have ads on the lander. It was not proactively offered for sale directly to the company. It is an actual surname. It is a name used by the OP.

I just fail to see the bad faith which is needed in a domain dispute.

To me it just seems like the typical large company with an overwhelming sense of entitlement.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
As far as I can tell it doesn't have ads on the lander. It was not proactively offered for sale directly to the company. It is an actual surname. It is a name used by the OP.

I just fail to see the bad faith which is needed in a domain dispute.

To me it just seems like the typical large company with an overwhelming sense of entitlement.

Brad
They'd probably be flexing their muscles even if he had "gallardo", one of their best-selling models. However, the word is actually a Spanish (not Italian) family name and has meaning related to cheerful, joyous, hardy, brave, strong...

Last edited:
•••
"Lambo" in Greek means "shine", from the Greek verb "λάμπω". "Ξ›Ξ¬ΞΌΟˆΞ·" means "shine" (noun).

•••
•••
•••
•••
I don’t see how Lamborghini has a leg to stand on, even if you approached them in an attempt to sell.

Lambo is a nickname but not the brand name of the car company. If they lose this, you’re in the β€œdrivers seat”.

•••
100% with you Lambo!!
This is outright bullying!

•••

You are the one who needs to be better informed. There are multiple Lambo marks granted at Wipo. Not just this one company that thinks its Gods gift. Amazing how so many Lambo marks were granted to others. How dare they.

Its not squatting. The domain was registered nine years before the company decided to get this international nickname mark. There are multiple other Lambo marks that predates theirs. They have no more right to it than any other mark holder.

They waited 13 years after the mark to even care about the domain. That’s how much they see it as their brand. Inconvenient truths cannot be ignored and a trademark doesn’t give you automatic rights to a domain.

•••
You are the one who needs to be better informed. There are multiple Lambo marks granted at Wipo. Not just this one company that thinks its Gods gift. Amazing how so many Lambo marks were granted to others. How dare they.

Its not squatting. The domain was registered nine years before the company decided to get this international nickname mark. There are multiple other Lambo marks that predates theirs. They have no more right to it than any other mark holder.

They waited 13 years after the mark to even care about the domain. That’s how much they see it as their brand. Inconvenient truths cannot be ignored and a trademark doesn’t give you automatic rights to a domain.
Nope u are rite sometimes its not a rite but having to fork over the price.

•••
They'd probably be flexing their muscles even if he had "gallardo", one of their best-selling models. However, the word is actually a Spanish (not Italian) family name and has meaning related to cheerful, joyous, hardy, brave, strong...
Right, also specifically named for one of the five Spanish bull breed castes. Most Lamborghinis are named after bull fighting bulls.

•••
•••
It is quite laughable that a company that sells one car in million dollar plus cannot afford to buy this domain by paying a few million.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back