Dynadot

Ignoring members

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What does ignoring members actually do? As far as I can tell... nothing!

I was expecting that ignoring members would AT LEAST prevent them from sending you DM's. But no. They can keep pestering you for as long as they like, without any retribution. So here I am with a red 1 over my inbox forever more or until I stop using NP's or pass on. No way to delete it. I am never going to open that DM. This is just crazy.

I would propose that somebody who is on your ignore list, that it should be at least optional, if not mandatory, that they should not be able to send you DMs.

I HATE looking at that false red 1 over my inbox. It reminds me every time I look at the NP's screen, what a nuisance this guy is. Forever!!!! So I would definitely propose that it should be possible to delete DMs from people who are on your ignore list.

This situation is just crazy. That someone who is on your ignore list can send to DM's.. FOREVER. Turning a good feeling about NP's into a bad one. Please expedite this proposal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ignoring used to block them from direct messaging you. It may not on our new software, but we'll look into it.

Either way, you can select the conversation (use the checkbox) and then "Mute" it without opening it. That's the equivalent of it being deleted for most intents and purposes.

You could also open the conversation and then mute it that way; they won't know whether you opened it.

We hope that helps.

•••
Clicking on the thread, I got his message. But I couldn't find any mute button. But the red 1 has at least gone away now, since I read his message.

•••
But I couldn't find any mute button.
Here's the mute button inside the direct message (near the top):

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 12.58.03 PM.png

Here's the mute button from your inbox (near the bottom of the page after checkmarking):

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 1.01.03 PM.png

We hope that helps.

•••
Back