Dynadot

Improving the reported sales thread - Add a separate linked discussion thread

NameSilo
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
I have an idea that would, in my opinion, improve the reported sales thread by a lot.

The problem is comments. I believe they are still needed. I miss them, frankly.

- On one hand, you need a de-cluttered approach in this thread, just sales.

- On another hand, people want to ask questions. Around certain domains, whole discussions can be created and some are very interesting and useful.

These two things go against each other, unfortunately. But there is a solution with just a bit of extra coding.

I would suggest NP to add two links at the bottom of the box (where Thanks and Likes are). For example:

Comments (12) / Add comment

When you click on that, it will take you to a separate commenting thread that is used for this purpose. ( Optionally, a filtered view that only shows those comments would help; OR at least point to the first related comment)

Also when you click add comment, it will take you to the same thread with a quote of the content /reported sale.

TL;DR; NP tech - would be great to add a Comments link at the bottom of each reported domain that would allow discussions in a separate thread to keep the sales thread de-cluttered. Thanks!

What do you guys think?

Edit: The reported sales thread is vital to this community and tremendously useful to all of us, this will make it even more useful.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
There is no way a large group will comply with a new rule. Many don’t comply now as it is. Report your sales thread is fine as it is imo. People can contact by dm or there is another thread for clutter, unnecessary comments, etc. They also can open a new thread.

There is a reason comments are highly discouraged on that thread— its for reporting and clicking like or thanks is sufficient.

Last edited:
•••
I like the suggestions - but regardless of what is done - decreasing posts that are not a reported sale is a positive.

•••
I like the suggestions - but regardless of what is done - decreasing posts that are not a reported sale is a positive.
Yes - but there is a better way, a world of both.

I liked the old way with the questions.

In this way, you can get the clean reporting but also the comments and questions for those who are missing that, like myself.

•••
Hi

if, you had a mature audience that was "self-moderated",
then discussing or asking questions about a sale wouldn't be an issue.

i rarely, if ever read that section, but it would help get insight, if/when more details about a sale are shared

but, you know how it is, some can't stay on track even if driving a toy train.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Back