IT.COM

poll In case you were not aware...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will you consider registering emoji-based domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    4.2%
  • No

votes
    59.7%
  • Maybe

votes
    11.1%
  • No idea, let's see them trending first

votes
    5.6%
  • This is silly

votes
    16.7%
  • You are so gay! I won't even talk to you!

votes
    2.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

s.g

Okay, you've cracked it. There is more to us...Restricted (Market)
Impact
What? 😲

Emoji symbols can now be used for domain registrations! They get converted to xn (idn-like) format.

We just found out about this ourselves and, of course, we immediately registered 🏳️‍🌈.com and other selected extensions.

Good luck with your registrations. Whether you'll be bothered or not, please let us know through our mega brief poll.

Enjoy your day!

Your s.g Team

Edited by moderator to remove unnecessary www. and linking to external URL.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Appreciate the try. I did cast my vote, btw.
Thanks.

Out of 430 people, only 25 voted. Not popular, considering it's at the very top and it takes seconds to read. Might use it sporadically but not regularly.

•••
:angelic: he looks pretty smuggish but i can offer smuggish.com

•••
Are people offering us domains even here now? You stick veggies in a blender, a domain! When opening the toilet, two domains are desperately holding on to the refreshing stamp. While walking along a "beach" in Spitsbergen, a bunch of domains swim toward you.

This domain came all the way here!

Smuggish is not smug enough for us anyway. (With all seriousness -- it's not going to cut it. Sorry.)

•••
Old news, using any symbol turns your domain into xn.... Not attractive and will confuse uneducated users into thinking the site is illegitimate.

•••
06c4f4da3376d140c1a2ca7b617e1332.png

•••
•••
Can i steal this? :ROFL:
You know thats what Rick called everyone's domains about a decade ago? Excluding his own of course.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yep, sounds like a plan. We bought 128 domains today (so far) but this borrowed one looks nicer than, e.g. www.day.center (around 4/10 on our scale).

If you are even remotely serious that you bought 128 domains today then you best stop now.

In todays climate each domain must be carefully considered before purchasing.
That volume would indicate you hand registered a bunch of domains.

Chances of a return on that sit at around 1%
If I shop I can still make more interest keeping my money in the bank.

Time to get serious and not think domaining is a joke because I can assure you it is no joke when it comes to renewal time and you have a thousand names to renew.

Last edited:
•••
I tried outbound but never had luck with Gold (Chinese character punycode) domain

•••
I voted no.

It is almost impossible to sell idn names. They make much more sense to me. I don't see how these can sell...

Anyway my vote is no, I saw the silly vote option too late, lol....

Last edited:
•••
I voted no.
It is almost impossible to sell idn names. They make much more sense to me. I don't see how these can sell...
Anyway my vote is no, I saw the silly vote option too late, lol....
You can change your vote ;)

•••
Technically the gay comment can be misconstrued as.....
(not sure if it should even be a part of the poll)

Picture0004.png

•••
Though I like emojis, I haven't bought any emoji domain yet and has no intention of doing so.

•••
I bought 3 long ago just for fun:

🦢.ws
🦘.ws
🇶🇦.ws

Last time I checked emoji .com where not allowed. Are there updates to that?

I think 1 symbol 'single emoji' .com will have a future, once everything goes back to normal of course.

Amr
i have CCVD.com You have COVD.com:xf.grin::xf.grin:

•••
Last edited:
•••
Emoji domains occupied us only during that lunch break.

In the meantime we've been working on these:

Arlah•com BestPesto•com earn•direct day•center child•services xmas•city freemium•click ladies•express sex•gay gays•express hack•click domaining•city webhost•bargains superhero•city gamers•direct VPNtribe•com offroad•bargains distancing•tech OnlineDating•company trust•mortgage cheapest•bargains unlimify•com WildWest•rodeo BestPetCams•com YepDomains•com Paris•center luggage•claims

Do you think that one or two of these could be a success story? Appraise, comment, compare. Please be critical. We need feedback. Especially before buying better and more expensive domains.

Thanks.

•••
arlah.com and sex.gay are probably the ones I like the best on that list. I am partial to .com domain names. These can all be success stories, if they are all listed and up on the marketplaces, any one of them could sell, or not. If not, then you have to re-assess next year whether to renew it for another year or dump it in favor of better domains you've acquired.

•••
Exactly!

Our plan is to do offline and online marketing (in that order) for BestPesto•com, and then follow that pattern with other suitable domains. We estimate it'll work with 20-30% of them. Scalpel-like outbound marketing will be essential. In this case, we are going to approach all makers of award-winning pesto (one to three per country). Mainly the offline way, we will invite them to establish a sister company or a dedicated BestPesto product line, market it with us, and see how much more they can sell (COVID-19 opened up many minds when it comes to buying food online, even seniors got used to shopping that way by now). With each snail mail letter and with each well-researched call, and of course with each LinkedIn message when that's appropriate, we are going to learn how to do this better, and how to find potential buyers who have never heard of NamePros, DAN, Sedo, Afternic or Epik.

Your views and ideas are great, as well as your knowledge. Thank you for sharing those.

Have you ever concentrated on offline marketing, though?

•••
I haven't done it yet, but there are lots of threads on outbound marketing on this site if you do a search. You will definitely get a higher sell through rate than if you just do passive sales.

•••
If you are even remotely serious that you bought 128 domains today then you best stop now.

In todays climate each domain must be carefully considered before purchasing.
That volume would indicate you hand registered a bunch of domains.

Chances of a return on that sit at around 1%
If I shop I can still make more interest keeping my money in the bank.

Time to get serious and not think domaining is a joke because I can assure you it is no joke when it comes to renewal time and you have a thousand names to renew.
They forgot to add it was a training exercise. A group session with a brainstorm over each domain. Not that a person would sit down and buy 128 random domains.

•••
Emoji in .com are sometimes available but rare & expensive
(threads on the topic are parallel to this one)
examples:
☑.com
✂.com

other symbols include:
✫.com
秘.com (Japanese / Chinese for "secret")
ʘ.com

they each have alternative / bonus input forms:
xn--13h.com
xn--xbi.com
xn--3ci.com
xn--tmz.com
xn--lpa.com

Could "ballot box with check" have made the difference in the recent Georgia election?

These seem cheap if forming the basis for a national or global marketing campaign. But probably inappropriate for your daughter's school project ...

•••
Back