IT.COM

Intellectual property rights theft by webhosting company?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dair

Impact
Hello.
I'm writing a article on web hosting companies, and as such Ive been registering and putting up a website on the hosting service to test it out to include in my article.

Now Ive haven't been using it anymore than after the initial setup and posting some articles since I'm doing work with several and it should not be any problem once the website is online.

I'm coming back to my website after a couple of months, and its changed.
I own the domain name, I'm the one been writing and researching the articles Ive posted.
They have stripped the website and only have one "generic" looking post, the post Ive written but without my pictures.
This post is getting a lot of traffic I suppose (it was the goal) since them have put their own ads on several places over the website.

Perhaps I should just put up the website on my own host and change dns server, copy the article and post on my new wordpress setup and just ignore their ridiculous behavior? No doubt its a company that should be stayed away from if they take their customers work, only to get free advertising for them self when it looks like the owner is not active on the website for a couple of months. I have the login credentials on a damaged phone so I don't know if I'm using the right ones when trying to login or if they have changed them.'

What can and should I do about this? Anyone have advice or something to please share it, the situation feels very uncomfortable

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Back