IT.COM

Is it necessary to learn Java before going to Android training?

NameSilo
Watch

Rajan Mahajan

Impact
One of my friend told me that you have to get expertise in Java before going to Android Training. Is it true?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on your ultimate goals. If you're looking at a career and future in the Android ecosystem, then yes. Otherwise, if you're seeking a solution to a business need, there are other alternatives (like other frameworks, libraries, tools and products) that will produce your mobile app and solutions faster, and at the same time work across different platforms (Android, iOS, etc.).

•••
I am looking at a career in Android. I have some difficulty to understand Java but want to learn Android.

•••
In that case, Java goes a long way. The trick to the difficulty (assuming you're already committed to doing the work and study of the subject), is time. The more practice you do over time, eventually you'll get better at it. If it takes you longer, then let it, the endpoint isn't to get there in haste, but to get there.

Even if you find it difficult, just keep at it because eventually, familiarity will make it better, and if you take it in chunks and master each step, the succeeding ones are more digestible and you'll soon just be surprised to see how one day, you've learned so much already.

•••
Back