Dynadot

domain Is this domain worth it? Please help me out! - spectaculr dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mniscient

Established Member
Impact
My employee was buying a domain name spectaculr dot com at around 2000USD. I am confused. Is this domain worth it? We were looking to use the domain for a digital agency website. Please help me out!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In my opinion spectaculr.com is not a good name and it certainly isn't worth $2000, I would never register it much less buy it.

•••
If you are really attached to the word spectacular and can’t afford an extension of the correct spelling its a perfectly legitimate option to buy an alternative like this. People do it all the time. 2K is on the low end and whether its too much for this domain is a matter of opinion.

If you don’t have your heart set on this word consider more options but the more limited your budget the more limited your good options (usually)

•••
You would be forever having to explain the misspelling when telling someone your web address or email, or advertising on the radio.

Some people like these, I think they're awful. A quick search on a brandables site with a $2k filter applied will bring up better names than this.

•••
I'd be reluctant to pay Low X,XXX. Then again, I didn't buy or have the same level of appreciation for it

If anything, I'd side with "spectacular agency dot com". I feel it wouldn't be as problematic for my business, IMO

Last edited:
•••
If your goal is to show your clients that you can't spell then you are right on track. Jokes aside, hard pass... not for $50.

What makes your agency different from all the others? What problems do you solve? What are the terms a client would use if they want what you've got, but they've never heard of you?

•••
You would be forever having to explain the misspelling when telling someone your web address or email, or advertising on the radio.

Some people like these, I think they're awful. A quick search on a brandables site with a $2k filter applied will bring up better names than this.
You couldn't explain it better!

•••
Not worth it imho. I glanced at the name and I've forgotten the spelling already. That's a problem. Good luck

•••
I work on creating websites, SEO and digital marketing and I would steer clear of this domain. Clients may be put off hiring a digital agency with a misspelled domain name. Part of a digital agency's services could be reputation management and this is not leading by example.

•••
•••
I think you can get better name within your budget searching brandable sites like squadhelp, brandbucket, brandpa. You can even hold a contest at squadhelp to find a good name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back