IT.COM

Making a living from domain parking

NameSilo
Watch

TjKiller

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Hi everyone, this is my first post here on namepros even though I've been following this forum for over two years now.
I have some domains parked and I've been making some money with them, especially those with high epc/cpc (because 1 click or 2 in a domain of 30$ is better than 20 clicks in a domain with a cpc of 1$ – depends on the traffic too, niches, etc.)
My question here is the following [and to give me a little motivation too], does anyone here make a living exclusively from domain parking or could you live if you wanted to?
If you could complement that with some screenshots I would appreciate that ; What I'm asking is for high clicks, monthly revenue, etc.
Sorry for any mistake, I'm Portuguese (but raised in Andorra from 2 to 12 years old)
Thank you all for your generosity and transparency

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Let me be the first to welcome you to NP!

Hope this forum is as helpful for you, as me.

Cheers! Great to have you. Best wishes, GL!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I have $6.30 from parking one name on PC.

@biggie is the best parker i know.

Welcome again! Parking harder over the years
Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thank you @Samer 😊
Why do you say it's harder?
Less revenue, low cpc's, biggest % cut from the parking companies?

I also would like to invite
@Donmarick
@evil
@Jurgen Wolf
@pablohc86
@privatereg
@redemo
@thegeekguy
@Whizzbang
to the this post and discuss a little
Thanks

Yeah, over time, more people are doing it,

It now pays negligible, unless ur the old-school

The worst, and i’m not a lawyer, cant speak for anyone, but for me, the highest risk’s TM

Dont park the uber value domains, IMO-
the one name i parked which earned me $6 wasnt my best, and involved a lot of trial error.
So the trademark aspect is often overlooked

that’s how DRLL.com was lost to dell;
it had blatant “Dell” ads, earning owner a lot, until Dell finally took action; & “no-response”

Dell took “DRLL.com”via UDRP due to parking.
I bet old owner of DRLL happy, kept the $$., mustve been a lot, whatever it was.

Last edited:
•••
Does more people doing it means that cpc drops or traffic spreads more?
And what do you think about the end of domain parking, could it happen one day?

•••
Does more people doing it means that cpc drops or traffic spreads more?
And what do you think about the end of domain parking, could it happen one day?
More people do it and more people compete for acquiring the high parking value domains. Due to this, dudes in the industry are not very keen on sharing a lot.

Welcome on namePros !

•••
That makes sense
Well, I hope they share a little bit with me 😄

Thanks !

•••
That makes sense
Well, I hope they share a little bit with me 😄

Thanks !
BTW this is what I've made with parking in the last year, not much
upload_2021-8-28_4-18-27.jpeg

•••
If you have a good domain you do not park it as you can lose the domain easily in UDRP

•••
You may not only lose a domain to UDRP but you may also deplete the domain's authority, especially where zero click ads are concerned. Having a page of nothing but ads can also impact sales as the domain appears as spam and may turn off buyers. Historical data of a domain is important. However, if the domain is ultra premium this is not an issue and can lead to significant parking profits. But this is rare. Parking companies make most of their money with a small percentage of high quality domains. As you have shown, most domains only make pennies, if even that. There are better ways to monetize them but require some initial investment and effort. Parking is easy, why it is popular.

•••
It depends...
One of my domains makes me up to $1XX monthly for years... Type-in traffic.
So just 10 such domains - and you can live...

•••
Had a 3 word EMD domain that had 410 clicks & made $8 in a year.

Guess one needs to find the high value domains.

•••
With right domains and strategy it's possible...

•••
You may not only lose a domain to UDRP but you may also deplete the domain's authority, especially where zero click ads are concerned. Having a page of nothing but ads can also impact sales as the domain appears as spam and may turn off buyers. Historical data of a domain is important. However, if the domain is ultra premium this is not an issue and can lead to significant parking profits. But this is rare. Parking companies make most of their money with a small percentage of high quality domains. As you have shown, most domains only make pennies, if even that. There are better ways to monetize them but require some initial investment and effort. Parking is easy, why it is popular.
Like develop them for example?

•••
It depends...
One of my domains makes me up to $1XX monthly for years... Type-in traffic.
So just 10 such domains - and you can live...
So... following your line of reasoning, 'a lot' of people are doing it?

•••
Had a 3 word EMD domain that had 410 clicks & made $8 in a year.

Guess one needs to find the high value domains.
Imagine that your domain has a 2$ epc, you would make 800's$
Now imagine it has more than 2$...

•••
With right domains and strategy it's possible...
Well, I know you can 😅
Can you share some of your best domains or a month of your choice just to give me motivation for the weekeend eheh
And another question, do you think that the actual model of dp will suffer alterations and that would be the "end"?

•••
Well, I know you can 😅
Can you share some of your best domains or a month of your choice just to give me motivation for the weekeend eheh
And another question, do you think that the actual model of dp will suffer alterations and that would be the "end"?
My advice would be to make money without parking, it's way too complicated except if you have ideas to test...

•••
My advice would be to make money without parking, it's way too complicated except if you have ideas to test...
Without parking? Only with sales?
And what ideas would these be?

•••
Without parking? Only with sales?
And what ideas would these be?
I mean, it will be difficult to make money with parking, except you find a new way...

•••
•••
•••
Type of names you could make a living off (if you have enough of them). Make sure you are not breaking any laws.

1. Typos: If your domain is a typo of a very popular domain, you could earn very good parking revenue if the ads are related. Most people think they have a typo name but they don't. Typos are not what you want them to be. I would elaborate but prefer not to waste my time, you will learn from getting screwed, not from reading my honest advice.

2. Dot com domain of a popular other extension website. If idiot.xyz gets a lot of traffic and you own idiot.com you could make good money as long as the parking ads are related.

3. Domains with traffic from old links etc.

What will not make you money (not much) regardless what anybody tells you:

1. EMD domain that does not have any of the above 3 qualities. Even if your domain is Shoes.com TYPIN keyword traffic is dead. It used to be a thing, now its dead (small money).

2. Fake / bad / low quality traffic. Parking companies are not idiots and will not risk their feeds because you think that someone selling "human" adsense safe clicks on a marketplace is legit because of their reviews. Everyone complaining their parking account got banned had it coming.

Should you park names you want to sell? Yes. It doesn't matter. Serious buyers will buy the name even if it goes to a 404, they will find you. In fact, your landing page could have a photo of a horse taking a dump on a photo of the buyers wife and it still would not matter for a serious buyer, might even motivate them.

•••
Back