Dynadot

Misplaced domain, botologist.com

NameSilo
Watch

The Durfer

Wesley SweatmanTop Member
Impact
Hi everyone, my domain, botologist.com, has disappeared out of my acct @hostpapa anyone here repping this registrar? please help. ty. Keep an eye out for it too. ty.

:(

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe they are hiding grace expired domains. Doesn't look like worth stealing. Or maybe their grace expiration period is very short like 1 week. Epik's grace period is 15 days by default for example. Registrars have some control over it.

Last edited:
•••
sorry to hear that hope you get it back

•••
it was already paid up for another year. Dont know why it would just disappear out of my acct, anybody else had this problem with the canadian based registrar, hostpapa?

•••
Hi everyone, ive had my domain stolen from my acct at hostpapa, the domain is botologist.com and went to look at my list today and it was gone. @hostpapa anyone here repping this registrar? please help. ty. Keep an eye out for it too. ty.

:(
Hostpapa is not Registrar.

The botologist.com Registrant, Admin, Tech, Billing contact is empty.

This is your domain name registrar:
Promo People Inc
Canada

ICANN Number=1591
Anthony Licursi
Tel: +1 9053153466
[email protected]

pp.jpg

Last edited:
•••
ok update, i checked and ive been doubled billed for this domain. I paid it as a bulk payment before but obviously they didnt see it paid for so they billed me again. Ive paid the second billing of it and it is being generated back into my acct. ty all, just a misunderstanding and admin error. whew.

•••
ok update, i checked and ive been doubled billed for this domain. I paid it as a bulk payment before but obviously they didnt see it paid for so they billed me again. Ive paid the second billing of it and it is being generated back into my acct. ty all, just a misunderstanding and admin error. whew.

(if the NP time allows you) Change the title to something sweet :)

Last edited:
•••
(if the NP time allows you) Change the title to something sweet :)
cant oh well, i like HostPapa! yea hostpapa!

•••
I am not worried if I lost a name. The only thing that I am worried is if I lost my wife as I am afraid she may be back.

•••
I am not worried if I lost a name. The only thing that I am worried is if I lost my wife as I am afraid she may be back.
you got a keeper there, i wouldnt lose her for nothing, from what i hear from you. That is one great lady. congrats. :)

•••
change the title before it gets indexed
you don't want to be selling a 'stolen name' :D

Last edited:
•••
Glad this got resolved, @The Durfer . Too bad you can't change title. Maybe see if Mods will at least add RESOLVED or perhaps even a more major change. Not sure policy, but worth try.

anybody else had this problem with the canadian based registrar, hostpapa?
I never had a problem like this. Because the actual registrar is a third party, they can be a little slow, but I have transferred out, etc. domain names at HostPapa without issue, and never been inappropriately charged.

Hostpapa is not Registrar.
Yes whenever you register at the Canadian HostPapa (at least .com - not sure other extensions) the actual registrar is PromoPeople. Makes things a bit slow on expediting transfers, but usually happens within less than 24 hr.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
HostPapa is an excellent registrar!

•••
Thread moved to Reviews.

You should be able to edit it now (for a limited time):

Learn more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back