IT.COM

question Misspelled high search domain

NameSilo
Watch

kulbejba

Established Member
Impact
hi
i was looking at google addwords and i got on a single word that have alot of google search. But dont know why the search average is the same on correct word and on misspelled. its one letter at the end of word. is it woth buying that sort of domain? is my addwords showing mistakes in search volume? search volume is over 500k on correct word and the same on misspelled word!! why? i dont think word means the same in other language.

its like : gold and golde

thanks for advice

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you tried other keyword analysis tools? You could also try googling the misspelled version in [ ] brackets and see what pops up, maybe that will give some clues... or it could just be an error in AdWords...

•••
The word was pokemone.net and its sold now...
Did i miss my gold chance?

•••
Can anypne please check what ita real search traffic rot that word, just to know if its my addwords workink wrong.

Thanks

•••
Pokemon is trademarked by Nintendo. You didn't miss a golden chance.

•••

Probably not, IMO.

It's waaaay more likely you dodged a bullet. Pat yourself on the back...

•••
Yes...but pokemone ( with e) isnt trademarked i guess... And whats up with addwords results? So many for misspeled word, is that possible?

•••
Yes...but pokemone ( with e) isnt trademarked i guess... And whats up with addwords results? So many for misspeled word, is that possible?
That's not how trademarks work. I you register microsoftE.com, the Microsoft trademark is still part of the domain. Same thing with PokemonE.

•••
World is big , maybe in some other language it is pronounced that way?

•••
•••
Exactly. It'd totally be in bad faith and nearly impossible to prove otherwise. Pokemon is about as far away from a generic keyword you can get....

unless you get permission from the trademark owner, or you say, named your pet dog "pokemone" and the site was totally dedicated to your horribly-named pet (and nothing to do with the game) you can't own that name legally.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your time. Its strange, i mean in that case pokemonshop...etc are all tradenames because includes pokemon name. And why is so many domanis with pokemon aleready registred if there is no use of them? What if there is domain name, lets say pokemon without one letter, like pokemo? What if i choose to have my own company named pokemoney? They just cant trademarl everything involved with pokemon word?

•••
Some people register those types of names not knowing about trademark laws. Some just disregard them and try to quick flip them asap to make a buck. Either way, it's not good business and it is your duty to know the repercussions, short and long-term.

As for the name itself, it's best to stay away from any variation of it. pokemoney is difficult because on one hand, it's two generic words.. poke+money. On the other hand, why choose something so close that browser suggests pokemon as a correction rather than your company name? It's confusing and also unnecessary.

Plus, if Nintendo decided that your infringing and takes you to court, would you want to spend money defending that case, or find another name for your company and rebrand? Either option could potentially ruin your business.

Last edited:
•••
ok thank you alot, just one question...
i came across great name (i guess). i did europe trademark research in its not trademarked, but what if it is in lets say Us or Russia,... ? if i buy that domain and somebody claims its trademarked, could i just give the domain to them or ill get sued anyway just because i buy it? i will not use the domain for website, so there will not be any harm made to trademark...
im little scared that ill register some domain and then ill get sued from some multicorporation...i mean thats my end!!

•••
I cannot say for sure. I'll bet that a quick Google search may give you the answer. I just try to avoid them completely.

•••
hi
i was looking at google addwords and i got on a single word that have alot of google search. But dont know why the search average is the same on correct word and on misspelled. its one letter at the end of word. is it woth buying that sort of domain? is my addwords showing mistakes in search volume? search volume is over 500k on correct word and the same on misspelled word!! why? i dont think word means the same in other language.

its like : gold and golde

thanks for advice

adwords ( where the keyword tool orginates )
is not ment to feed domainers needs

if you buy a keyword in adwords
and misspell the keyword in your adwords campaign
google still will send you the traffic for the correctly spelled keyword
thats why they tell you what kind of volume you may expect

and thats is same for singular / plural / missssspellings

Last edited:
•••
You need to use the tool and sort it out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back