IT.COM

My experience about Epik escrow

NameSilo
Watch

70ym

Established Member
Impact
I hear about that epik escrow is the cheapest long time ago. But I feel that epik escrow is complicated and hard to use.
Yesterday, I decided to try epik escrow.
I know that there is discount fee for namepros member: If you are not using Epik.com for escrow, you are wasting time and money! - NamePros
- Lowest Fees: NamePros members pay no minimum fees. For domains registered at Epik.com, escrow is FREE when your buyer pays via bank transfer or major crypto. Otherwise, escrow is as low as 1.5%!

But I want to confirm it again before start escrow.
First, I contact Nicole, a epik customer support. He said he need to ask escrow manager Tony Blessed. I get answer hours later that Tony said namepros member does not have any discount, this discount plan stop longtime ago.
In the meanwhile, I contact customer support on epik website. Hours later I got reply from Rajmohan V, epik support team, that this discount plan still active.
After that, I contact @Rob Monster on namepros, he also told me that namepros member still have discount.

So I start escrow. And now the escrow manager Tony insist on charge me $25 minimum fee.

My intuition is correct, epik escrow is complicated and hard to use.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I have contact rob, support team, escrow manager, and still wait for their reply.
last time i tried using epik, everything was complicated...

•••
Firstly , I am not a Epik cheer leader, but i think its fair to mention, almost every time any service is used for the first time, it seems complicated. I personally have been very upset with both godaddy, and epik, and few others, but often it was my lack of understanding the platform. just saying.

•••
So, is there anyone else actually getting escrow discounts till today? That discount post was made so long ago. Many things have changed since then. Even the transfer in-out policy seems to have changed. I believe Rob did say for smaller transactions, it's better to just put it up as a marketplace listing. For me, if the total is less than $280, I'll just put up multiple private links and send all that to the buyer (if there's more than 1 name)

Usually, if there's a lack of understanding among users, it means that the platform didn't convey their messages clearly enough, as is the case right now.

Last edited:
•••
I hear about that epik escrow is the cheapest long time ago. But I feel that epik escrow is complicated and hard to use.
Yesterday, I decided to try epik escrow.
I know that there is discount fee for namepros member: If you are not using Epik.com for escrow, you are wasting time and money! - NamePros
- Lowest Fees: NamePros members pay no minimum fees. For domains registered at Epik.com, escrow is FREE when your buyer pays via bank transfer or major crypto. Otherwise, escrow is as low as 1.5%!

But I want to confirm it again before start escrow.
First, I contact Nicole, a epik customer support. He said he need to ask escrow manager Tony Blessed. I get answer hours later that Tony said namepros member does not have any discount, this discount plan stop longtime ago.
In the meanwhile, I contact customer support on epik website. Hours later I got reply from Rajmohan V, epik support team, that this discount plan still active.
After that, I contact @Rob Monster on namepros, he also told me that namepros member still have discount.

So I start escrow. And now the escrow manager Tony insist on charge me $25 minimum fee.

My intuition is correct, epik escrow is complicated and hard to use.

Hi Chen,

The CS team provided the accurate information you needed to get lower fees.

See below the epik escrow fee schedule:

8FA052BD-E549-44B6-8454-3C0758EFF014.png

On the escrow setup page escrow.epik.com:

1EC4DEE8-CBF8-4722-B4E9-D44BCFF0D7A8.jpeg

BEFF2235-B1A6-45BA-AC9D-17A38D889826.jpeg

For Namepros Members, waivers will be activated only if:

- NamePros members pays 0% in fees if the buyer pays via Wire Transfer, Wise.com, Masterbucks, and Instore credit.
- Domain must be at Epik.com as the registrar.
- One party of the transaction must be an active member of NamePros for 6 months at least.
- Namepros members only have this benefits for transactions above $500.00.

Chen,

You were informed of the above information before the transaction was submitted.
Unfortunately, it didn’t meet the waiver conditions as the buyer payment method wasn’t wire transfer but credit card which I informed you.

The transaction amount is much much lower than $500.00;
It’s not closed yet as we were still considering helping here at 5% fees.
But you wanted 1.5% fees which is impossible with the current event.

What are the complications?

Last edited:
•••
You use Chinese Registrars.

They take 7 days to transfer sans ename/22

Epik escrow is faster than the speed of light.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Hi Chen,

Show attachment 198902

Show attachment 198903

Show attachment 198904

- NamePros members pays 0% in fees if the buyer pays via Wire Transfer, Wise.com, Masterbucks, and Instore credit.
- One party of the transaction must be an active member of NamePros for 6 months at least.

Chen,

You were informed of the above information before the transaction was submitted.
Unfortunately, it didn’t meet the waiver conditions as the buyer payment method wasn’t wire transfer but credit card which I informed you.

I asked 3 people work for epik before I submit the transaction and did not get this information.
Especially, you said that namepros member doesn't have discount fee. You also give the wrong information to me.
Now you say I were informed of the above information before the transaction was submitted ???

Ok, let 's closed this transaction at 5% rate. Or refund to the buyer so I can use dan.com. The buyer has wait for more than 2 days.

•••
Hi Chen,

Show attachment 198902

Show attachment 198903

Show attachment 198904

Chen,

will be the 2nd to @Rob Monster the few, if only registrar CEO to post. thread is hit-job.

Rob is always there for his product.
Which keeps innovating. Look forward to reply.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Tony gave a good summary. It is best not to use escrow for tiny transactions. The small deal buyers will typically use credit card or crypto anyway.

For customers who want to do a free escrow on Epik, then do this: (1) have the domain on Epik prior to the transaction start, and (2) have the buyer pay via wire transfer.

I doubt there is a faster, easier or more secure domain escrow in the industry. That said, always willing to learn and improve.

The Broker escrow feature is particularly clever -- as a broker you can set a different price for the buy side and the sell side of the transaction, arbitraging the spread without owning the domain.

If someone needs help setting up a transaction, contact us and we'll do it for you. Most people do find escrow.epik.com intuitive, but we are full service and happy to help.

•••

So if I meet the above conditions and sell a domain name for $5000 using Epik escrow, then will I get the total of $5000 to my bank account without any fee?

•••
Established clients usually same-day.

New clients with domains arriving from elsewhere can take longer depending on fraud review.

Similar story for people who borrow funds from DomainEquity.com. If you are established, we are not afraid to lend money against your domains.

We are much more than a registrar. We are a relationship-based domain name asset management company.

It pays to #BeEpik

•••
So the main point is must be more than a $500 transaction right?!

•••
Schermata 2022-10-04 alle 10.41.02.png
Schermata 2022-10-04 alle 10.41.02.png

my transaction would follow all these requirements but the promo for NP members doesn't seem to be valid anymore.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back