Dynadot

question Namecheap DNS control issue after winning Marketplace Auction

NameSilo
Watch

mzakaib

Established Member
Impact
Looking to get some help here hopefully. I recently purchased a domain here on Namepros from a seller who won a auction on Namecheap Marketplace a day or two before. The seller is not able to push the domain into my namecheap account, and when he deals with support they are not able to help him this far. The seller goes to the domain in his account and is able to click the domain, but when he clicks on Sharing and transfer, it comes up with “you have no permission to manage this domain”.

It’s now been almost a week and we haven’t been able to do anything. He’s won other domains from auctions there before and has been able to move the domains, but can’t seem to do it with this one. Support is saying it doesn’t make sense and telling him to maybe wait a little longer and to also maybe try using another pc to do the task.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He won an auction and sold it to you the same day? Strange to say the least. I don’t understand some people’s logic in this space. But anyway—

I would contact NameCheap open a ticket and ask what the problem is. Don’t take his word for it imo. What you are relaying doesn’t make much sense and you should be skeptical of all parties until you know what is what.

If he can’t move it to you ask for a refund.

•••
Back