Impact
1652760262647.png

$0.18 ICANN fee not included.
Promo code: TLD22TSMAY
Limit: 100 per customer

https://www.namecheap.com/domains/transfer/domain-transfer-sale/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The sale next week for the transfers sounds very enticing. GoDaddy may be getting a real challenge soon to their #1 registrar spot?

•••
The sale next week for the transfers sounds very enticing. GoDaddy may be getting a real challenge soon to their #1 registrar spot?
May be. Namecheap still has a lot of work to do on this.

•••
May be. Namecheap still has a lot of work to do on this.
Well, thanks for the continued updates. So far, it's saved me quite a bit of money on renewals.

•••
•••
Very decent prices for transfers. Thanks for the reminder and update!

•••
The problem is their regular renewal price sucks even with a large portfolio discount. Everyone I use has cheaper renewals than NameCheap. So it look like a deal but its not.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing that. May I ask which Registrars are your favorites?
For quite a few years, I used the GoDaddy domain discount club, but it doesn't make sense to use at this point. Their pricing without the club is high, IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing that. May I ask which Registrars are your favorites?
For quite a few years, I used the GoDaddy domain discount club, but it doesn't make sense to use at this point. Their pricing without the club is high, IMO.

How much are com renewals on Go Daddy discount club?

•••
Basic Membership about $12/yr.
Premium Membership $8.85.

In years past, the premium membership was much lower. Now, at $240/year, one needs to really assess the costs and benefits if your portfolio is a modest one.

•••
I used to take advantage of the Namecheap transfer promos but no more. Reason: the high renewals.

Nowadays I only transfer to Namecheap when I have decided to give a name ONE MORE YEAR and then drop.

If I want to keep a name for the long term then I leave it where it is.

Last edited:
•••
Their marketplace also sucks. Noone willing to pay more than 5 bucks.

Last edited:
•••
If I want to keep a name for the long term then I leave it where it is.
That worked for me for years, but the GD domain discount club price really has gone up too much for me. Hopefully, eventually they will reconsider their pricing.
Given the proliferation of extensions, it's possible that, within a year, the top tlds will go down even further in price across the board. And perhaps more registrars will try to be even more competitive to get transfers or extend renewals.

•••
Back