IT.COM

Namecheap VPS left me exhausted

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
3 hours 51 minutes with Namecheap trying to solve all VPS problems. (New vps account)

1 - They never sent the mail with the access information.

2 - The main domain was not add to an account on whm, unable to add it by system error

3 - There is not txt record option on zone editor /cpanel

4 - Then, after the previous problem was fixed, the txt records do not work.

The agent tells me that he is working on the problem without having the vps password, and after 25 minutes when I ask how it is possible that they are working without the password, then they ask me for that.

The top of the incompetence was when they told me that the txt did not work because I did not use the record that I had added.

totally exhausting for nothing

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yah kinda crappy support from Namecheap.. they are in same boat with godaddy.. Good for domains.. terrible for hosting.

Unfortunately had to find out the hard way #FacePalm

After months of random issues from lagging, uptime etc I finally moved to cyberhour.com , although in Europe (Bulgaria) I have the best experience with them for 2 years now? Maybe more.

I'm using CDN to limit any extra lagging with USA/ASIA.

Never had any issue, once a year they do servers maintenance which if I remember well the last time was for about 20min , my average uptime is 100% for 2020 and 2019 (excluding the 2 times short offs).

Ah yes, I'm paying with crypto which is a plus for extra privacy.

•••
I am also using Namecheap hosting first all is going to be fine, but after some time I started facing some issues. Now Namecheap has locked my account without any reason. I have purchased 3 hosting packages for 1 year. I submitted tickets for support, but I don't receive any response. Every time, when I chat with live chat agents and tell them about my problem, they didn't provide any solution.
Gustavo Woltmann.

•••
Back