IT.COM

discuss Need Some Feedback

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
So I built a quick portfolio site using Wordpress. I am trying to bring more views and clicks to my domains. The site is not graphic heavy. I plan to somewhat duplicate this site a few times to hopefully gain more exposure.

You'll notice that rather than trying to build a mammoth site similar to all those out there, I used the existing landers, etc. My goal is to use the existing purchase processes of GD/Afternic.

Let me know your thoughts.

The site is at domains88.com

Thanks NPers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks nice and is responsive

Had a very quick glance and maybe get rid of "As soon as I get around to setting up a Twitter account for Domains88, I’ll post a link here."

You have a twitter handle so no need for the above?

•••
Looks good but I think you should hide registered date, registrar and value columns.

•••
Looks good but I think you should hide registered date, registrar and value columns.
I can also give a column visibility option. Do you think I should just remove them period?

•••
I can also give a column visibility option. Do you think I should just remove them period?

Column visibility option works IMO, I think too much information distracts the buyer. I don't think the buyer who's shopping for a Rolls Royce really cares what year it was manufactured or what's the value as long it tickles his pickle. :banghead:

•••
•••
Simple enough and right to the point. No need for value I believe as sometimes you might have higher price than the auto appraised price. Also registrar might actually hinder the sale with some users as they might not be aware of transfers and such and might not be interested staying or even might suppose that they have to stay with the registrar of the domain.

•••
Simple enough and right to the point. No need for value I believe as sometimes you might have higher price than the auto appraised price. Also registrar might actually hinder the sale with some users as they might not be aware of transfers and such and might not be interested staying or even might suppose that they have to stay with the registrar of the domain.
I appreciate the feedback. Would you suggest I add any columns?

•••
I like the minimalist theme.

Are you selling the domains to domainers or end users? Why there's too much information like creation date, registrar, etc End users don't really care about that... you don't want to distract them with that.

Also why are you sending a sale to afternic? maybe you can set up your own domain shop and check out.

Good luck

•••
I appreciate the feedback. Would you suggest I add any columns?
I think it is fine as it is now because at the end of the day you are using external websites to close the sales and you even mention a number to call for your Godaddy broker if more information is needed.

•••
I think it is fine as it is now because at the end of the day you are using external websites to close the sales and you even mention a number to call for your Godaddy broker if more information is needed.
Do you think I should design individual sales pages for each domain? As you can tell, I used links to marketplace pages and I framed the Afternic pages.

•••
i don't get it, this is just your main site to give to domainers to buy from or to clients right? or do you plan to redirect all your names to it? cause now yoru names go their seperate landers yes?

the site is nice. obviously it'd be better if you let people click on name itself to buy or makeoffer. the link next to name doesn't look too good. imo the column to tell which is makeoffer only which has bin is useless.

but to me, simplicity wins everytime. so to me your page with just the names clickable and linking to sale lander, would be enough. no tabs, no other columns. that plus an email address.

generally imo buyers can't care less about: char count, extension, registrar (since it al goes through escrow and can move around anyway)... cause all this they see in the name. so why show it in seperate columns.

honestly, i'd just remove everything. keep just the names column and make names clickable to go to landers. cause i do not think the rest of stuff will be used or looked at anyway by buyers.

imo

Last edited:
•••
Do you think I should design individual sales pages for each domain? As you can tell, I used links to marketplace pages and I framed the Afternic pages.
I saw you have more than 800 domains listed and unless you can easily automate this process then I guess it will require a lot of time from you doing this. Having individual pages is good as you can add more information about the domain and add some text for SEO, but I also believe it is not very necessary because at the end of the day, if someone is interested in the name then there will be no need for a lot of texts and introduction. Of course it is a different issue if you have pure made up names or brandables, which could use a logo or more illustration.

•••
Thanks so much guys. Stellar insights!

•••
Definitely it's simple and clean design but to me it's seems dodeus dot com buy domain page

Last edited:
•••
•••
if you visit dodeus.com/buy-domains you can relate site design

•••
Looks good.
I would put domains in alphabetical order.
You should be able to link without the http://www in contact form area. I just sent message via connect on site, I like how the page looks after message is sent.
Mobile to many columns to fit in screen, and your 88 logo at bottom is huge.
I diont really care for links at bottom of page. portfolio|domains Domains About Contact is sufficient for my liking
Hope this helps.

•••
Looks good.
I would put domains in alphabetical order.
You should be able to link without the http://www in contact form area. I just sent message via connect on site, I like how the page looks after message is sent.
Mobile to many columns to fit in screen, and your 88 logo at bottom is huge.
I diont really care for links at bottom of page. portfolio|domains Domains About Contact is sufficient for my liking
Hope this helps.
Thanks so much. You gave me good thoughts on changes.

•••
•••
Back