IT.COM

question .net versus .com price- newbie question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BHD

Impact
Hi , I am new and have a question- my first post ever ...is there a percentage relationship that a 1 word generic
.com and .net sell for - in other words the same name in .net would it sell for 5 to 10 % of the .com ?
Appreciate any comments- thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People have mentioned an estimate like that, as a percentage. However, it really does depend on the word. A domain such as "car dot com" is of course worth millions, but for "car dot net"...I'd be hesitant to pin a "definite" 5 to 10%, due to it still being a powerful domain (even if under COM). IMO

Last edited:
•••
.com will always sell more in this case..

•••
People have mentioned an estimate like that, as a percentage. However, it really does depend on the word. A domain such as "car dot com" is of course worth millions, but for "car dot net"...I'd be hesitant to pin a "definite" 5 to 10%, due to it still being a powerful domain (even if under COM). IMO
Thank you

•••
•••
10% of .com used to be the rule of thumb, but that probably won't stick in the current climate.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back