Dynadot

New Appraisal Rule?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Can we add a rule that in an appraisal thread, the party requesting an appraisal needs to disclose the renewal fee if outside a standard range AKA "premium"?

Some "premium" renewal fees are thousands of dollars a year. That has to be factored in when it comes to domain valuation IMO.

Brad

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for sharing this suggestion.

Any other thoughts or feedback on this from the community?

•••
Hi

I agree

also, the OP should OWN the domains they are requesting appraisal for.

Thanks

imo...

•••
•••
Agree. For some members, I think it will not always be easy to know the renewal fee for their domain, but I do like the suggestion. My suggested treshold would be... USD 50?

•••
DENIED i disagree simply because its an appraisal and not a sale shouldnt you just transfer it to a new registrar before the It asks a kajiliion dollars for renewal

This should be attached if one is selling a domain + the expiry time left

Last edited:
•••
You can't properly appraise a domain if you don't know the renewal fee.

Because sell-through rates on domains are so low you need to figure the cost of holding into any legitimate appraisal.

It matters if the renewal fee is $10/year or $3k/year.

That is just the reality.

Brad

•••
Yes but won't make it correct as it could be advertised elsewhere which wouldn't disclose it and still being an official sale. But in order to understand real costs yes. Eg a $500 a year is sold for $1000 that never would have bought it knowing renewal so turns out sells for $1000 and we were thinking 5k+ appraisal knowing the renewal fee. Plenty have the wool pulled over eyes even with high searches you still have to make the site to actually attempt to get the traffic associated with those keywords.

•••
Thank you for sharing this suggestion.

Any other thoughts or feedback on this from the community?
Require (20?) post count before creating a thread in appraisals

•••
Back