Dynadot

domains New marketplace launches with an eye on Web3 domains ICE.c first sale at $12,500

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

A new marketplace has launched with a focus on Web3 domain names. Web3Domains.Auction. Web3 now has it’s own wikipedia page, Web3 is an idea for a new iteration of the World Wide Web based on blockchain technology, which incorporate concepts such as decentralization and token-based economics. The site issued a press release on their first […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did I notice these guys saying on Twitter that the $16 million "Philadelphia" etc sales were quite reasonable?

•••
Nice, lots to look forward to!

•••
Any way to check whois?
You can buy one at epik or porkbun and check at the other registrar. Yes, they are doing it in coordination..
Looks like hot keywords taken or reserved, but crap ones are listed. Also can we know Icann won't introduce its own version of .c (or will Icann become obsolote?) ? new.net sold ".shop domains", but it has nothing to do with current .shop.
I like .c because it is short for .com (and also sounds like .see), but it needs to be real enough (even if don't resolve (yet)). (much better than .oin)

And why do they even need to resolve, as long as they are widely accepted, just like bitcoin. Maybe this was the plan, introduce new "domains" as speculative currency (but needs renewal).

Btw, they are working hard to sound like sc@mmers, crap domain for their web site, crap extensions, crap keywords, ridiculous prices. park.io, new.net, .. sound much better in every sense. if they want something to be accepted, then there must be some logic, aesthetics, credibility , (premiumness) etc. Just because there is a blockchain somewhere doesn't mean it is p2p, decentralized, democratic etc. Whoever controls more than half of a blockchain, controls all. ..And I heard half of bitcoins are somewhere in China, so that group can theoretically manipulate btc price , if true.

Last edited:
•••
..also wondering if you can build a web site on web 3 domains, even if currently not reachable directly.
Did Icann ever say: we won't allow such domains, and can create identical domains if necessary to crush web3 domains?
If there is no icann threat, why not create .COM in web3 sense, would be much more profitable.

Why is noone talking about these, or should we just assume this is just scam.
decentralized: noone is responsible for anything.

Is there just one web3 group, or can there potentially be competition among such groups, in theory.

Bitcoin did well, because there is nice opensource code, it was advertised to tech people, and ordinary people, it was connected to banks for exchange purposes, many companies accepted it as payment method, and it has great brandable domain. Most of it is marketing and networking,.. but can't see it in web 3 domains.

Could be good for deep/dark web, maybe. Create your own computer or smart phone, browser, etc, then it makes sense. I don't understand web 3 domains, and NFTs.

Robert David Steele talked much about web3.0 as democratic alternative to current internet. Not sure what he meant. He "died" from "covid", but probably he faked his death,..he didn't believe covid.

Last edited:
•••
more useless hype unverified sales web3 crap... u go see what worthless crap names u can reg in .eth and others... might as well burn yer bills.. at least u get some heat from it...

somebody gonna make money off this web3 names hype
but believe u me... it ain't gonna be u...heh

•••
But unfortunately, there is. IANA and ICANN are establish to maintain exactly those problems you just mentioned, so the real question is

What would happen if ICANN decides to assign these ens/hns (or whatever you call them) domains to other applicant? Basically every ICANN accredited registrar (like Namecheap) who offers these names will be forced to revoke any further involvement in that specific extension (let's say .crypto) and either move on with new assigned registry and sell accredited domains or just remove both sources from their offering.

So in reality, these crypto domains are actual threat of being duped and worth nothing, as they'll be unreachable.

•••
Hi

on one hand....
a brandable marketplace closes it's doors
and on the other
a new web3 marketplace starts taking orders

imo...

•••
Won't comment on marketplace example but will ask one simple question:
- How many end users will switch/add additional dns parameters just to see my.crypto? 🤔

This is not the first time someone is trying to build intranet, and whatever hype it is, I'm sure once someone gets that approval from ICANN to operate for some extension that's already existing in this intranet will show you how much people HYPE things just to end up being REGULATED (not centralized).

Oh, and I forgot: Internet is already DEcentralized, just regulated.

Last edited:
•••
We have invested in ICANN domains which are well established, to me decentralized HNS/ENS etc is a hype that is same interested to profit and control, already have dealt with their Admins, a bunch of Bangla people looking to make easy money, soon everyone may go this route and invent some domain fairy tales to sell.

We should work with what is available and well established, also we should encourage end users to build their own websites instead of using FB pages/groups/discord/twitter/reddit/tiktok etc.

Else in the end no body will need domains and we will just drop them, also there is a risk of Metaverse to kill all domain business no matter centralized or decentralized.

P.s. their websites still use ICANN domains and they call it decentralized. :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
any one with half brain or more knows these names are just money grab off hype

•••
Spend that much money on a domain that only you can see... Someone else could have that domain on their own server.. makes absolutely no sense...

•••
Maybe they can be seen on tor browser? For example looks like .onion works on tor browser.
Could be good to access deep web. But who is using deep web. Not many people. And people who use them seem to prefer nonpremium domains... Also how many such authorities exist. I don't see any value,.. but bitcoin didn't have any value either, because it was easy to duplicate (minus networking, marketing, being backed by powerful groups).

•••
Blasphemy 🤣 all those new domaining “experts” that came out of crypto crevices say com is being replaced with dot eth and all that, don’t you know? 🤦‍♂️

At this point, it is hype. The people buying are investors. When multiple huge well known companies use ens eth etc as their main website I will take notice. Until then, its a pipe dream just like the majority of nft investing/flipping.

•••
Back