IT.COM

advice Not sure what I should do with this one

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

terryh

Impact
Hi!

So back in September 2011, I wanted to report on the news of.. you guessed it, 9/11, so I registered a domain, set up a website, and spent a lot of time updating the site.

Eventually, I ended up just taking it down and I haven't touched it since.

I don't know what I should do with this domain because truthfully I never considered selling it.

That is until today when I was offered $1500 for it. I'm in debt and this money can really help me but at the same time, so many lives were affected that day.

I don't want to turn this into a political debate and it is really hard for me to even make this post but I need your advice, guidance, suggestions, and whatever else you can provide.

The domain is AmericaUnderAttack.com. After registering the domain that morning, you could see on CNN and others using the banner America Under Attack.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Terry

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi!

So back in September 2011, I wanted to report on the news of.. you guessed it, 9/11, so I registered a domain, set up a website, and spent a lot of time updating the site.

Eventually, I ended up just taking it down and I haven't touched it since.

I don't know what I should do with this domain because truthfully I never considered selling it.

That is until today when I was offered $1500 for it. I'm in debt and this money can really help me but at the same time, so many lives were affected that day.

I don't want to turn this into a political debate and it is really hard for me to even make this post but I need your advice, guidance, suggestions, and whatever else you can provide.

The domain is AmericaUnderAttack.com. After registering the domain that morning, you could see on CNN and others using the banner America Under Attack.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Terry
I just realized that I wrote 2011, when in fact it was September 11, 2001. Sorry.

•••
Hi, I think you could perhaps get a little more in today's paranoid world. Fear is big business at the moment. They're probably expecting a counter anyway.

•••
•••
Take your emotion and financial status out of the equation.
• This is an Evergreen topic and a good domain where value exceeds the offer.
• You aren't using it and have the skill to get another if you feel the need to write at some future date.

Come up with a professional response:
• Inventory any assets like social media accounts, Domain Authority scores, backlink count, page views, etc. Include any positive info.
Keyword: america under attack
Monthly Broad Searches: 1,600
Cost per Click: $0.58
• Also say you have emotional ties to it and would need a much stronger offer to consider selling.
• Don't provide a number; see what they say.

While waiting for a reply, research the contact person. If there's time left, pick up the book Never Split the Difference from the library. Read Bob's recent article on value and domain length. At NameBio look up America and attack. Value depends a lot on the end user but could surprise you.

What will be will be. If you sell it or keep it, you win either way.

•••
Back