IT.COM

question One listing declined due to trademark

NameSilo
Watch

Denismth

Established Member
Impact
"Because another person or entity owns a trademark that matches one or more terms or words contained in your domain name(s)."

So do we have to check trademark before creating a domain? I check for every phrase when creating Tshirt designs in Merch by Amazon.
Do we have to check trademarks here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes you should check for trademarks before you reg or buy.

Not sure what you mean by check them here.

Last edited:
•••
You should always try to ask your questions in full by including the necessary information. What marketplace is that?

Even if your domains are not rejected by marketplaces for trademark infringement, I'll be bothered about registering trademarked domains if I were you.

•••
Yes you should check for trademarks before you reg or buy.

Not sure what you mean by check them here.
By "Check them here" I mean in domain selling business. I said this because I was in affiliate marketing, Tshirt business, previously.

•••
You should always try to ask your questions in full by including the necessary information. What marketplace is that?

Even if your domains are not rejected by marketplaces for trademark infringement, I'll be bothered about registering trademarked domains if I were you.
These are the steps I take to create a Tshirt design. When I come up with one phrase I ALWAYS go to tmsearch.uspto.com to find out if that phrase is trademarked. To your surprize many of the phrases are already trademarked. There is a slim chance of getting some profitable phrase because almost everything is trademarked.
When we come to domains, do you come up with one word or phrase and check it if it is already trademarked? Or you just go and register it?

Last edited:
•••
When we come to domains, do you come up with one word or phrase and check it if it is already trademarked? Or you just go and register it?
Trademark is a broad topic which you will need to research on your own. Google should be your first point of call for articles like this.

•••
I've never done a TM check. Can only assume I've never infringed one.

Last edited:
•••
I've never done a TM check. Can only assume I've never infringed one.
Ya that's what I thought most people do. Including me. 😬

•••
Ya that's what I thought most people do. Including me. 😬
Yeah I think as long as you don't register anything blatant you'll probably be ok. I don't spend much on names either so not got much to lose. Common sense will usually prevail. Unfortunatley common sense is pretty thin on the ground in todays society.

•••
Some 'domainers' don't even know the word TM

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-21-17-58-27-062_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-21-17-58-27-062_com.android.chrome.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
•••
Check registrar of those names. Looks like google is registrar of choice

•••
What do you mean? Google registered this crap and sell it on Dan? 🤣

Last edited:
•••
Someone registered them at google.

•••
Someone registered them at google.
I can see how well that would go.

"Yes, I am selling these extremely premium names of your brand name that I registered through you. Now, if you really want them, I want $1 billion or someone else is going to snatch them up!"

Wild....just wild.

•••
I had to look google 6x .com is only listed at dan. Not sedo or afternic
Minimum offer $100

•••
•••
Second rejection of listing of a new domain on Godaddy auctions 🤔.

So from now on, I will check domain word or words prior to registering just like the phrases I use in Merch by Amazon. That is the way to go I guess.

•••
Back