Dynadot

discuss .online Golf

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe N

Top Member
Impact
It was three weeks ago today Wednesday March 16th that yours truly made a second "hole in one🏌️‍♂️" at the Signature hole #15 at Broad Bay CC, Va. Beach, Va. Here's the real irony, it was Memorial Day last year when I made my first hole in one⛳ hitting an 8 iron approximately 110 yards wearing my good buddy Chuck Taylor's golf shoes on the very same hole. Chuck's wife had given me his golf shoes soon after he passed away in 2018 so all the credit went to my buddy Chuck. Fast forward about 9 months, and as Yogi would say, "it was Deja vu all over again" but this time I was wearing my own golf shoes.

In order to share this story and to stay on topic, i just registered the domain Deja2oo.com. I was more than a little surprised when Deja2.com, Dejatoo.com and Dejatwo.com were all taken. But not to be deterred, i registered Deja2oo to commemorate the occasion.

Finally, I'm the guy who registered over 4,000 .online domains last year and I'm happy to report that I'm still in the game with my very best domain Truth.xxxxxx. Real "truth" is as hard to come by as a "hole in one:xf.wink:"
How is the .online experiment going, Rich? How many will you be renewing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How is the .online experiment going, Rich? How many will you be renewing?
Actually my experiment with .ONLINE is doing just fine especially with the likes of Go Daddy stealing Reservations.online from me, then attempting to sell it back to me for $500,000. When Verisign, the .com monopoly referred to the domain aftermarket as "domain scalping" that added considerable value to my experiment. I don't expect you to understand since you probably don't see what I see. Ironically Verisign referred to Go Daddy as one of the largest scalpers.

To further my point just access PraiseGod(.)com to see what the "scalpers" at Domain Market are asking:xf.eek: btw, this is just one example of the thousands of .com domain "scalpers" are attempting to hustle to unsuspecting consumers and businesses. Stay tuned Joe, i've yet to make my domain "Hole in One", but it's coming as long as I keep swinging:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Actually my experiment with .ONLINE is doing just fine especially with the likes of Go Daddy stealing Reservations.online from me, then attempting to sell it back to me for $500,000. When Verisign, the .com monopoly referred to the domain aftermarket as "domain scalping" that added considerable value to my experiment. I don't expect you to understand since you probably don't see what I see. Ironically Verisign referred to Go Daddy as one of the largest scalpers.

To further my point just access PraiseGod(.)com to see what the "scalpers" at Domain Market are asking:xf.eek: btw, this is just one example of the thousands of .com domain "scalpers" are attempting to hustle to unsuspecting consumers and businesses. Stay tuned Joe, i've yet to make my domain "Hole in One", but it's coming as long as I keep swinging:xf.wink:
I was wondering more about your personal portfolio of names. Have there been many offers or sales? Have you noticed any trends?

The reason I ask is because I've found it interesting to note that so many of the big sales in the .xyz extension have been to companies and projects in the crypto and blockchain industry. I'd be curious to know if you've seen any industry-specific preferences for .online.

•••
I was wondering more about your personal portfolio of names. Have there been many offers or sales? Have you noticed any trends?

The reason I ask is because I've found it interesting to note that so many of the big sales in the .xyz extension have been to companies and projects in the crypto and blockchain industry. I'd be curious to know if you've seen any industry-specific preferences for .online.
Yes Joe....there have been both sales and offers.....and this is without aggressively marketing .online domains to the uneducated and unsophisticated public where few know that .online is a viable alternative to .com.

No trends yet, but opportunity abounds:xf.wink:

•••
Yes Joe....there have been both sales and offers.....and this is without aggressively marketing .online domains to the uneducated and unsophisticated public where few know that .online is a viable alternative to .com.

No trends yet, but opportunity abounds:xf.wink:
Good for you, Rich! That's awesome. I know you don't like to share details with the community, but hopefully they've made it worth your while. Reported .online sales on Namebio still seem to be sparse.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back