Dynadot

advice .Org in China

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
In my series of articles to studying the Chinese domain market, I have already covered the big picture, .cn, .com, and .net. Today, let’s look at .org. This analysis is based on data I have collected from China Internet Network Information Center reports published since 1997...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You develop any site for china ?

•••
the key point (not sure u mentioned it or not)is: .org is not officially supported by China, several years ago, the gov dropped .org from the list.

so, do not expect .org perform well in Chinese market, the main Chinese reg company even dont provide this extention as a reg option.

I like .org very much, and I also own several .org name...but only for my own dev plan focus on nonprofit and educational related..

Last edited:
•••
China is very specific on blocking everything out.

•••
the key point (not sure u mentioned it or not)is: .org is not officially supported by China, several years ago, the gov dropped .org from the list.

so, do not expect .org perform well in Chinese market, the main Chinese reg company even dont provide this extention as a reg option.

I like .org very much, and I also own several .org name...but only for my own dev plan focus on nonprofit and educational related..

I can't agree more since .org would mostly relate to politics.

•••
Back