IT.COM

domains otherside.xyz has been sold by @DNGear

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Yusupbabay

presiden.comTop Member
Impact
Bored Ape Yacht Club launched a metaverse called Otherside. Yuga Labs, the parent company of BAYC, is using the http://Otherside.xyz domain name for its website.

@DNGear recently announced that she sold http://Otherside.xyz.​

today I get this email :

"""" $APE in to the Otherside """"""

The most highly-anticipated drop of 2022 is nearly here! Yuga Labs, the team behind the Bored Ape Yacht Club, is launching Otherside tonight at 9pm ET. Their latest project may be the most hyped so far and there has been tremendous excitement about the utility the Otherdeed NFTs will bring.

To ensure you’re ready (with your countdown clock), we’ll be accepting ApeCoin or ETH for this launch - so load up your wallet and get your snacks ready. Buckle up and watch this explosive move into the metaverse!
We’ll see you on the Otherside,
Your friends at OpenSea.

"What is your opinion? please share this."

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Intriguing as a brand name..

Last edited:
•••
This is very surprising.

Congrats

•••
See you on the Otherside, someone own ontheotherside. xyz , might be good too , seeyouontheotherside. xyz was taken too

Last edited:
•••
If reincarnation is real, then the otherside is the same as thisside.

Wondering what the selling price was.
Wondering more: what the hell (or heaven) is special about .xyz.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting that the .com forwards to QX. net

Also interesting is they changed it from a Dutch Auction to a flat price sale........still selling over $100,000,000 of digital estate is pretty impressive.......

ApeCoin is also interesting

Not that interesting is that we have another thread about another .xyz domain that has been sold and developed........

•••
Interesting that the .com forwards to QX. net

Also interesting is they changed it from a Dutch Auction to a flat price sale........still selling over $100,000,000 of digital estate is pretty impressive.......

ApeCoin is also interesting

Not that interesting is that we have another thread about another .xyz domain that has been sold and developed........
Don't you find it interesting that dngear sold that domain though? It's quite surprising isn't it... and newsworthy...

•••
•••
not really.......
😂

Well to me it was a complete surprise because there are too many people having success in xyz and no monopoly.

I hope for more "news" of this type.

Last edited:
•••
•••
doesn't anyone else wonder what the heck DNgear is doing differently? Is it a sit and wait strategy for her or serious outbound?

I get this feeling she might have hired cheap call calling services in india to hit the phones hard using paid databases to get peoples actual direct mobile numbers. its hard enough to get anyone on the phone to offer your domains to them.

I'm think they are doing the lazy method perhaps list all over.

•••
doesn't anyone else wonder what the heck DNgear is doing differently? Is it a sit and wait strategy for her or serious outbound?

I get this feeling she might have hired cheap call calling services in india to hit the phones hard using paid databases to get peoples actual direct mobile numbers. its hard enough to get anyone on the phone to offer your domains to them.

She registered thousands of the 1 word non-premium registration xyz names.

Last edited:
•••
I also have a feeling she has an army making phone calls & sending emails.

Who knows...

Last edited:
•••
I also have a feeling she has an army making phone calls & sending emails.

Who knows...

there is no doubt that something is going on. It's unusual to say the list. and eye popping.

who really stands to benefit from such sensational news? The registrars and whoever owns .xyz.

Would I put it past the registry to team up with Swetha since she has so many .xyz domains? NOPE.

If news comes out Swetha sold this and that for this and that. Doesn't .xyz registry benefit from all the new interested in .xyz aka FOMO? and now you see a rush in .xyz domain registrations.

If .xyz registry was funding or sharing in the expense and Swetha found a "cheap" option in India? Then it's a win win for both. Swetha will sell her .xyz domains and Registry makes monery off all the others trying to buy up the scraps. How do I know? I got suckered too. but I think I got a good one in Marketcaps.xyz.

•••
She registered thousands of the 1 word non-premium registration xyz names.

okay? I understand that she probably did that when .xyz first year reg is 99 cents. but after that? $15? $20? for 1000 domains you looking at $20,000 the following year.

•••
okay? I understand that she probably did that when .xyz first year reg is 99 cents. but after that? $15? $20? for 1000 domains you looking at $20,000 the following year.
Yup. Pretty much. Good job she's getting massive sales, otherwise it wouldn't add up.

•••
I don't think there would be much outbound. There is just a lot of money sloshing around in crypto and as luck would have it .xyz has become their first choice of domain. Many crypto projects prefer it over .com.

Some people took bets on .cc to become the default cryptocurrency domain which makes more sense on paper.

•••

There is no mojo there you guys think too much, the only difference is she has a good vision and better patience (also good pricing strategy) than anyone, and buyers and companies like .xyz so acquire from her nothing more, to me that if people can’t understand potential of .xyz it’s like living in the Otherside of the world.

Last edited:
•••
Some people took bets on .cc to become the default cryptocurrency domain which makes more sense on paper.

There are many more terms under the Blockchain technology not only crypto currency, but nfts, defi, web3, metaverse. .cc is just a cctld that has a limit range can’t include everything.

Last edited:
•••
Swetha just got lucky with xyz. She's made her own market prices based on the first few sales. Because she owns virtually all premium 1 word domains...she's made her own market prices by raising prices for all of them across all the boards.

Price gouging is aptly the term for her selling practices.

Last edited:
•••
Swetha just got lucky with xyz. She's made her own market prices based on the first few sales. Because she owns virtually all premium 1 word domains...she's made her own market prices by raising prices for all of them across all the boards.

It’s wrong to say that price gouging, no matter what extension is when you are holding 10k+ of them you have to price that much to sustain the renewals, it’s necessary and it’s how it goes in domain industry not like selling vegetables, she has chosen the right extension that’s the main point, if you chose the wrong extension at first place then you’ll have a huge loss that was the bold move she did that others can’t make, that said, even though you have a time machine to go back to 2016 you wouldn’t have a such strong belief for making the same decision like her.

Last edited:
•••

Price gouging is a bit harsh/wrong analogy - if you own an asset, you can price it at what you want, it's then up to potential buyers if they are willing to stump up the cash or look elsewhere.........in this case other extensions - businesses have plenty of choice......

•••
Price gouging is a bit harsh/wrong analogy - if you own an asset, you can price it at what you want, it's then up to potential buyers if they are willing to stump up the cash or look elsewhere.........in this case other extensions - businesses have plenty of choice......
Yeah, I agree with that.

Domains are also different than many other items as they are one of a kind, but there are endless alternatives that serve the same utility.

Price gouging to me needs to involve control over the market AND some utility which has lack of other viable options.

For instance price gouging could involve a local electric/gas company. It is a needed service where other viable options don't really exist.

Domains are more akin to art IMO. They are all one of a kind, but many alternative options with the same function exist.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
there is no doubt that something is going on. It's unusual to say the list. and eye popping.

who really stands to benefit from such sensational news? The registrars and whoever owns .xyz.

Would I put it past the registry to team up with Swetha since she has so many .xyz domains? NOPE.

If news comes out Swetha sold this and that for this and that. Doesn't .xyz registry benefit from all the new interested in .xyz aka FOMO? and now you see a rush in .xyz domain registrations.

If .xyz registry was funding or sharing in the expense and Swetha found a "cheap" option in India? Then it's a win win for both. Swetha will sell her .xyz domains and Registry makes monery off all the others trying to buy up the scraps. How do I know? I got suckered too. but I think I got a good one in Marketcaps.xyz.
If you dont like .xyz i can understand. May be you have invested in other extensions.
I am having lot of sales means .XYZ is in trending,.
If XYZ really wanted to fund me, They would probably give all the premium domains to me.
Accept the truth and get away. Got lot of work to do.
How come you people have time to write all this for hours.
BTW, My expenditure at two registrars.
Over and out.

Attachments

• Dynadot.png
    Dynadot.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 239
  • West_investment.png
    West_investment.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back