IT.COM

domains otherside.xyz has been sold by @DNGear

NameSilo
Watch

Yusupbabay

presiden.comTop Member
Impact
Bored Ape Yacht Club launched a metaverse called Otherside. Yuga Labs, the parent company of BAYC, is using the http://Otherside.xyz domain name for its website.

@DNGear recently announced that she sold http://Otherside.xyz.​

today I get this email :

"""" $APE in to the Otherside """"""

The most highly-anticipated drop of 2022 is nearly here! Yuga Labs, the team behind the Bored Ape Yacht Club, is launching Otherside tonight at 9pm ET. Their latest project may be the most hyped so far and there has been tremendous excitement about the utility the Otherdeed NFTs will bring.

To ensure you’re ready (with your countdown clock), we’ll be accepting ApeCoin or ETH for this launch - so load up your wallet and get your snacks ready. Buckle up and watch this explosive move into the metaverse!
We’ll see you on the Otherside,
Your friends at OpenSea.

"What is your opinion? please share this."

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
doesn't anyone else wonder what the heck DNgear is doing differently? Is it a sit and wait strategy for her or serious outbound?

I get this feeling she might have hired cheap call calling services in india to hit the phones hard using paid databases to get peoples actual direct mobile numbers. its hard enough to get anyone on the phone to offer your domains to them.

I'm think they are doing the lazy method perhaps list all over.

She has built a brand Swetha.xyz where you will get best of the best approx. 20,000 one and two words dictionary names and most important all at standard price. She is well known & have goodwill in the crypto and web3 world thanks to her professional approach and mouth publicity. Today most of the successful and live XYZ domains were once upon a time owned by her. So frankly when a new investor visit her marketplace they don't need to go anywhere else. It's time consuming process, an effort of 6 years of persistent efforts, strong conviction & more importantly patience.

And we all know when you own a brand that has strong goodwill among target customers you can always command a premium. Instead of finding excuses it would be better if we also find our own niche & build a brand that generate trust, authority and command a premium. All the best!

Last edited:
•••
What is the niche of otherside.xyz?

•••
Web3 related dictionary words in XYZ extension.

Otherside is like other world something could be used for Meraverse and xyz extension represent 3 dimensions (axis) like web3 something important for decentralized system.

•••
1651581238610.png

•••
okay? I understand that she probably did that when .xyz first year reg is 99 cents. but after that? $15? $20? for 1000 domains you looking at $20,000 the following year.

She posted what she has spent at 2 different registrars and it is a lot of money. The only question should be is she in the red or black. Although, I do understand why you would be skeptical because we usually, don't see domains sell at the rate that she sells them.

Last edited:
•••
there is no doubt that something is going on. It's unusual to say the list. and eye popping.

who really stands to benefit from such sensational news? The registrars and whoever owns .xyz.

Would I put it past the registry to team up with Swetha since she has so many .xyz domains? NOPE.

If news comes out Swetha sold this and that for this and that. Doesn't .xyz registry benefit from all the new interested in .xyz aka FOMO? and now you see a rush in .xyz domain registrations.

If .xyz registry was funding or sharing in the expense and Swetha found a "cheap" option in India? Then it's a win win for both. Swetha will sell her .xyz domains and Registry makes monery off all the others trying to buy up the scraps. How do I know? I got suckered too. but I think I got a good one in Marketcaps.xyz.
She has an extensive portfolio of "XYZ". It has absolutely nothing to do with some registry benefit / getting some insider advantage as described. It's very easy to say that, but that is far from the truth. She may have her own set of skills, with regards to some marketing / gaining traction on the names, but I don't expect she'd give any insight to that as an investor. IMO

Bravo again on the sale @DNGear

Last edited:
•••
•••
congratulations to @DNGear more power to you. Its just incredible.

•••
Why don't you guys never question other big domainers ever regarding their sales. Whether she hired full army ( cheapest in India ) or all her sales are inbound, why do you guys are jealous. She has hit the jackpot and you have to accept that . Enough of your doubts since last 2 years . Work harder.

•••
Why don't you guys never question other big domainers ever regarding their sales. Whether she hired full army ( cheapest in India ) or all her sales are inbound, why do you guys are jealous. She has hit the jackpot and you have to accept that . Enough of your doubts since last 2 years . Work harder.
Bitter people: Its not fair

Swetha:

crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

•••

Plenty of other domainers have had their sales questioned, especially when they are outside the norm.

It is not hard to find NamePros threads questioning many sales over the years, including prominent domainers like Mike Mann, Frank Schilling, and others. I have seen sales of prominent brokers questioned as well.

It comes with the territory if you are going to report sales. It is one of many reasons I choose to rarely report sales.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Plenty of other domainers have had their sales questioned, especially when they are outside the norm.

It is not hard to find NamePros threads questioning many sales over the years, including prominent domainers like Mike Mann, Frank Schilling, and others. I have seen sales of prominent brokers questioned as well.

It comes with the territory if you are going to report sales. It is one of many reasons I choose to rarely report sales.

Brad
I wasn't sure how the other people reported their sales.

I have been reporting my sales by tagging the respective marketplaces where it was sold.(like @Afternic, @Dan)

1651648246253.png

I have been verifying the sale by posting a screenshot to Namebio and DNJournal.

What I couldn't answer is why they bought that domain when there is my extension available? Why didn't they use it till now? Why is .xyz funding me? Why? Why? Do they really want an answer or Just to spread negativity?

Last edited:
•••
why they bought that domain when there is my extension available? Why didn't they use it till now? Why is .xyz funding me?
Yeah but why would anyone have a problem with these questions? That's what I don't understand.

You may be mistaking inquisitiveness for something else.

Last edited:
•••
If she has an army of low paid workers sending out emails & making phone calls, then it would just mean her style is very different to many other domain investors, coz I think it's usually a one-man show.. That's why I was just wondering.

I also can't imagine her as a prolific seller of xyz names, remaining the center of attention if its truly a monopoly like some have claimed, I don't know if it is.

I think what she's doing is absolutely great.

You should also work harder, if you're trying to do something like her.

•••
I think what she's doing is absolutely great.

You should also work harder, if you're trying to do something like her
Me too, but I don't believe its hard work.

•••
Foresight, opportunity, fair amount of willingness, know-how, confidence, timing...can throw those words around. She does put in time, effort, patience...and yes hard work. Sometimes just hearing about the good stuff (the offers received), can divert attention away from the sacrifices and commitment she has put in, behind closed doors. Easy to judge, but no...she certainly works. IMO

Last edited:
•••
Foresight, opportunity, willingness, a hint of chance...can throw those words around. I'd say she does put in time, effort, patience...and yes hard work. Sometimes just hearing about the good stuff (the big sales), can divert attention away from the sacrifices and commitment she has put in, behind closed doors. Easy to judge, but no...she absolutely works. IMO
Bingo. I wouldn't castigate her for the risk she's taken. Quite a pay off, nice to see.

•••

Brad
She is being questioned since long.

•••
•••
the owner of paradise is following the same tricks on the playbook- advertise, give freebies, give low cost to initial offerings, pump pump and then sell .

Market manipulation according to SEC and they should be fined an go to jail

Seems like there is no more advertising anymore on the domaining or on his blog and have not been mentioned on his blog....?

•••
If you dont like .xyz i can understand. May be you have invested in other extensions.
I am having lot of sales means .XYZ is in trending,.
If XYZ really wanted to fund me, They would probably give all the premium domains to me.
Accept the truth and get away. Got lot of work to do.
How come you people have time to write all this for hours.
BTW, My expenditure at two registrars.
Over and out.
I knew that ur domain exp might be very big, yet didn't knew it's this big!

•••
•••
See you on the Otherside, someone own ontheotherside. xyz , might be good too , seeyouontheotherside. xyz was taken too
Othersider. xyz the best one

•••
You don't think it's hard work to handle 20,000 domains and to have been the single bettor on an extension everyone (except Swetha & Google) thought "garbage" just a few years ago? You MAD bro.

Domain hackers 🫶 Swetha. We've been there. She will buy you all out.

•••
You don't think it's hard work to handle 20,000 domains and to have been the single bettor on an extension everyone (except Swetha & Google) thought "garbage" just a few years ago?
Correct. Prove that it is and I might change my mind.

•••
Back