IT.COM

Our domain has been stolen

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

yudiarnanda

Established Member
Impact
On April 8th I logged into my WordPress, when I logged in an error appeared that my username and email were not registered there, I checked the database but my username and email were there.

I checked Whois, and the DNS has changed to Cloudflare's DNS, I'm using InMotion Hosting, but my domain is still on Godaddy. I can't log in to Godaddy, I recovered my account at changeupdate.com, after I get my Godaddy account back, I checked on the activity that my account was added with a mobile phone number for 2-step verification on March 31st. I checked my domain, freedesignresources.net is also gone.

They also stole my cPanel and changed all the passwords, so I don't get notified when the domain is transferred. I contacted Godaddy on April 9th and was advised to email [email protected], I got a reply:

The Undo Department cannot investigate claims regarding unauthorized account access. If your account was reviewed and determined to be compromised, the domain will be returned to the account as part of the review process.

Then again get a reply like this:

We apologize for any confusion, the Undo Department cannot investigate claims regarding unauthorized account access.

I chatted with several agents, they advised me to send another email. I've emailed six Godaddy departments several times:

On the 17th I got a reply, and I was advised to email [email protected] regarding my case. Then on the 22nd, I asked again to the agent via chat about the last email I sent to [email protected], they said I would get a reply email within 24 hours. After 24 hours I didn't get an email reply, on the 23rd I asked again to another agent, why haven't received a reply, they said couldn't find my ticket, so I was advised to send another email again to [email protected] or [email protected].

Why They can't find my ticket? I've emailed six departments of Godaddy at different times, all emails I sent from April 9 to April 23 were suggested by the Godaddy team on live chat.

I contacted the six departments of Godaddy many times. But did not get a satisfactory answer. What should I do now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We have dealt with very similar issues, usually when that registrar can't find the account information then your account may have been deleted by the hacker. That unfortunately makes it much more difficult dealing with that registrar.

We (DNProtect) should be able to help, feel free to get in touch with us.

The domain name is still at GoDaddy, so that's a plus--it can be more difficult to get the domain name back one it's transferred away from GoDaddy.

•••
Cases like this really need to be escalated to higher levels. The first level of support is not really designed to handle complex cases like this.

Hopefully Paul or Joe can get this back on track.

Brad

I agree!

•••
We have dealt with very similar issues, usually when that registrar can't find the account information then your account may have been deleted by the hacker. That unfortunately makes it much more difficult dealing with that registrar.

We (DNProtect) should be able to help, feel free to get in touch with us.

The domain name is still at GoDaddy, so that's a plus--it can be more difficult to get the domain name back one it's transferred away from GoDaddy.
Yes, the domain name is still at GoDaddy, so it's not difficult for the team to get my domain back.

•••
•••
•••
I have found chat support to be pretty much useless. Phone support moderately better.

•••
Hopefully Joe arrives shortly and can help you out. Sorry this happened
I think you will get it back, its hard but be patient

•••
you have to phone support nonstop, use voip like skype

and file a police report that you transfer to Godaddy asap

•••
This Site’s (FreeDesignResources.net) Domain is Now Safe.

Thanks, everyone :)

•••
This Site’s (FreeDesignResources.net) Domain is Now Safe.

Thanks, everyone :)
Can you tell us a little more? How was it resolved, etc?

No pressure..

•••
Can you tell us a little more? How was it resolved, etc?

No pressure..
To me this topic is to draw attention to his website, I doubt is a real case, no Godaddy staff appear here to say anything, they know such tricks can be used on such popular forums.

•••
To me this topic is to draw attention to his website, I doubt is a real case, no Godaddy staff appear here to say anything, they know such tricks can be used on such popular forums.

frankly i know little bout Alexa.. rankings etc...but didnt others here already check and confirm this was valuable ranked site which kinda implied it already was getting good attention as u put it

either way as per name value alone no website it is worthless

•••
either way as per name value alone no website it is worthless
Well, either way if it was stolen it was stolen.

It would be nice for the OP to explain a little more about how it was resolved.

Brad

•••
EPIK staff did showup in here while on other thread with EPIK problem no EPIK staff appear at all ^_^

•••
I've removed all possible domains from GoDaddy and there are just a few waiting out the no-transfer period.

•••
Back