Dynadot

question Parked Domain - What To Do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Relaceltic

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I have one domain that I have parked that have been making consistently $60-100$ the past few years. I'll post the stats for last year. I want to know if I should continue leaving it parked, or is there something I can do to make it more profitable?

STATS 2021:

Visits: 3169
Clicks: 480
CTR: 15.64%
EPC: ~$0.16
RPM: ~$24.87
REVENUE: ~$78.80

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whatever you do don’t post it publicly.

did that once at $6… and never saw penny after

Parking companies read these forums i bet; and if they dont; dont risk it, even trying to help

Good luck

•••
depending on the niche, lead landing page, redirect to an affiliate, or just sell the traffic to the company advertising on the page, assuming you are not redirecting allready.

•••
Hi

if, you had 10 more domains like that, making close to or higher than those numbers...
would you move it?

now if it's a commercially viable name and you have development skills,
that might be the move to make, but only after the site is up and running.

imo...

•••
80 per yr is not a lot

a lot of people have.names that make 5 to 10 per month like this

so what u want..and the whole point of parking is to have 100 or 1000 names like this. suddenly u have 500 and 5000usd per month and u can quit yer job.. even domain sellng bahahah

cause like buffet says..unless u find ways to make money while.u sleep u gonna be slave worker bee 9 to.5 til.day u die... hehehe

•••
In worst case you can sell it. Depending on keywords you might try to create landing on it.

•••
I'm currently using Bodis.com, but is there any better options?

•••

nope bodis is best

maybe those making 4 or 5 or 6 fig per month parking..can tweak a bit with abovecom or park crew

otherwise at 2 or 3fig month it's all big waste of time

•••
nope bodis is best

maybe those making 4 or 5 or 6 fig per month parking..can tweak a bit with abovecom or park crew

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it

•••
If you really want to spend time with this -and since you are using Bodis- your first move would be to check what kind of traffic you have; who is clicking on your domain's ads and why.

Bodis offer an amazing feature in that, not only you can see which keywords are being clicked, you can connect your account to Google Analytics and analyse your traffic further.

After a while monitoring the data at GA, you will have a good grasp of what your domain is about and then you can move from there following the advice you have been given in the pasts above (ie. redirect traffic, affiliates, etc.)

•••
If you really want to spend time with this -and since you are using Bodis- your first move would be to check what kind of traffic you have; who is clicking on your domain's ads and why.

Bodis offer an amazing feature in that, not only you can see which keywords are being clicked, you can connect your account to Google Analytics and analyse your traffic further.

After a while monitoring the data at GA, you will have a good grasp of what your domain is about and then you can move from there following the advice you have been given in the pasts above (ie. redirect traffic, affiliates, etc.)
I'm not sure what to do, because I realize a few weeks ago that the domain name belongs to a foreign company, and it's most likely trademark. But I've had it parked for many years now, and haven't run into any problems. Most of the ads showing up on the parked domain re-direct to their website, so I'm not sure if I should stop it or what to do...

That's why I'm wondering if there is something else I can do with it to capatilize on the traffic without being connected with them. It's pretty big company.

Last edited:
•••
@Relaceltic ,
I understand your concern, however I can't offer any solution to that. Personally, I have dropped profitable domains in the past when I found out they had a connection with trademarks but that's just me.

If you say you had no problems so far, maybe it's best to leave it as is and just give the domain away when they ask for it? Not sure what happens as I've never been in that position.

•••
nope bodis is best

What about Dan+Bodis ?

•••
•••
Hi

from my perspective,
it's best to try a variety of ppc platforms including sedo, parking crew, etc for each domain.
this is only way you will know which produces highest revenue for that particular name.

imo...

•••
Back