Dynadot

discuss People's opinion on "Top Domains" on NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you think the selection process by Namepros should be improved and clearly shown to members?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    100.0%
  • No

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

simonpan

Established Member
Impact
There is a "Top Domains" section on Namepros. It supposes to have a minimum resale value of $1000. These domains are submitted by members and some are accepted by Namepros.

Please discuss
What domains on there do people (you) think are truly worth "Top Domains" section and why?
What domains on there do people (you) think are not worth "Top Domains" section and why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like you aren’t happy with the mods decisions. I don’t think we should grade others names on a platform that shows up on Google when they haven’t asked us too.

Very few names appear in top section because very few people care about positioning of names on a wholesale forum (it’s trivial imo) and the mods are doing their jobs.

Names put into top section do not automatically sell, no silver bullet as we can clearly see. People who are buying care about the names not the section its listed in.

•••
Please discuss
What domains on there do people (you) think are truly worth "Top Domains" section and why?
What domains on there do people (you) think are not worth "Top Domains" section and why

@karmaco summed this up very well.

To single out / appraise / criticize names for sale (without the owners' consent) would be unfair at best and (at worst) would likely violate forum rules.

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like you aren’t happy with the mods decisions. I don’t think we should grade others names on a platform that shows up on Google when they haven’t asked us too.

Very few names appear in top section because very few people care about positioning of names on a wholesale forum (it’s trivial imo) and the mods are doing their jobs.

Names put into top section do not automatically sell, no silver bullet as we can clearly see. People who are buying care about the names not the section its listed in.

You really couldn't have said it better; agree 100% (y)

•••

Thank you....since you said the top domains section is trivial...Do you suggest we eliminate the section? I think it's quite unfair the top domains section almost allows unlimited bumps compared to other sections

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back