Dynadot

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

NameSilo
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On Afternic you can do this via the bulk download, upload of domains from your account. [email protected] can help you with the details. I dont remember them off the top of my head but I know it is pretty easy to do that way. Also with the beta UI you can now see up to 500 domains per page which makes deleting in bulk easier in the UI.

•••
When I upload Domains with Buy Now Price through a Afternic downloaded template, the portfolio shows the BIN figures in Floor Price column. How this issue can be sorted out. Thanks.

•••
On Afternic you can do this via the bulk download, upload of domains from your account. [email protected] can help you with the details. I dont remember them off the top of my head but I know it is pretty easy to do that way. Also with the beta UI you can now see up to 500 domains per page which makes deleting in bulk easier in the UI.
Hi yes those options exist, but what would be quicker is a simple box where you paste in a list of domains to delete. When you add domains you can do just that - paste a list into a box.

Going down a long list finding domains that match those in your list and ticking boxes is very time consuming. My experience uploading spreadsheets to Afternic is not good - it's too unpredictable so I avoid it. Yes you could send a list to support, and they are faster than they used to be, but that is adding another step.

•••
Is there an ETA for the .day extension support on Afternic as well as GoDaddy?

•••
Not sure about Afternic. On the auctions I have no plans on adding it any time in the foreseeable future.

•••
The Afternic Dashboard currently cannot load several building blocks, and produces the following errors:

{"response":null,"http_response":500,"message":"Error getting buyer's transaction summary","ex_time":0}
{"response":null,"http_response":500,"message":"Error getting seller's transaction summary","ex_time":0}

•••
Afternic should have provision for adding Reserve Price column in Beta version.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
What is going on with the payment methods? So many fields related to my bank account are gone and now there is some weird "good as gold" (what does this even mean??) and only intermediary bank details available...

•••
What is going on with the payment methods? So many fields related to my bank account are gone and now there is some weird "good as gold" (what does this even mean??) and only intermediary bank details available...
Good as Gold is an account credit

•••
Good as Gold is an account credit
Doesn't make much sense since the other option is "Hold my credits" ("When this option is selected, payments will not be executed.") which would be essentially the same...

•••
Hi @Joe Styler

Manually removing single domains (delete option) in the Afternic web interface is not possible since yesterday. Also, listing them as 'Hidden' produces an "Oops" warning, and domains remain in portfolio. This is unfortunate, because I'm very strict in removing domains I don't own any longer. Could you please have a look? Thanks.

1651260127010.png

Last edited:
•••
Anyone else having problems with uploading domains through CSV as well?

For me, it's not working for two days now.

1651326919813.png

Last edited:
•••
One question. I have all my BINS on Afternic. If I put the same BINS on Uniregistry and park my names there, with Uni landers will I have problem?

•••
Maybe not the right thread, but I wanted to throw a positive shout out to Erik at Afternic. He brokered a domain last week for me. My asking price was 2488, a price I felt was already pretty aggressive. Buyer offered $1500
I told Eric I needed to NET $1500 which means at least $1875ish.

Eric closed it for me at $2248 and I netted almost 1800

Good job Afternic!

•••
(note that I'm not using a proxy server myself, this error is about an internal proxy server that Afternic is using -- Result: Afternic.com website not usable)

1651372239218.png

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler Today - The Afternic website is working as expected again. The proxy error is gone, CSV portfolio uploads and manual domain removals are all working fine today. The manual domain deletions that did not work before have been processed by Afternic with a huuuuge delay.

Last edited:
•••
i added a domain to my account on afternic and received notification that domain added ,
but when i checked in my domains list i coudnt find it !! how this happening !?
i sent email from two days and no response till now !

•••
@Joe Styler Today - The Afternic website is working as expected again. The proxy error is gone, CSV portfolio uploads and manual domain removals are all working fine today. The manual domain deletions that did not work before have been processed by Afternic with a huuuuge delay.
I dont check on namepros every day. I just saw this. There was an issue with the site on Saturday.

•••
I dont check on namepros every day. I just saw this. There was an issue with the site on Saturday.
Thanks. It was not only Saturday, I've experienced problems from Thursday-Saturday/Sunday. Glad that it's working again.

Last edited:
•••
We are using Klarna for the pay over time option
It's a nice addition for Afternic BIN landers. But I don't see Klarna mentioned for the same domains while searching on Godaddy.com. It'd be great to see Klarna mentioned there as well, I think?

Last edited:
•••
Well, I have something nice to say about you, wow. Still upset what happened to @Arca people can see his last posts if you view his profile.
Praise.
I went to afternic.com/domain/(domain name) and the name was camel cased. Beautiful.
Maybe its been like that a while, I dont know. Only issue is it doesn't say godaddy
Nice it has a number to call and shows your minimum offer so people dont have to guess it
Your ns5 ns6 are not camel cased or ns3 and 4 not that i see anyways. but this page is, so I will be forwarding some names to the afternic.com/domain/ page.
Nice improvement
Also impressed with response time when i emailed service@ reagrding a pending name
Not feeling what displays in tab. sell domains / buy domains / park domains
When adding afternic.com/domain/ name to social media the thumbnail image displays those words.
Tab words changed to This Domain is For Sale would sure be nice or Buy This Domain Today
example place cursor over this namepros tab at top of page

•••
Impossible to get a payment on Afternic around 2 weeks. Support not responding.
:(

•••
Where are you from? I have the same issue. tried to change the payout from paypal to bank. Only goodasgold and hold available for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back