IT.COM

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

NameSilo
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How to link a Godaddy account to existing Afternic account @Joe Styler

•••
How to link a Godaddy account to existing Afternic account @Joe Styler

Go to afternic.com, click on either Log In options at upper left beneath the Afternic logo, or upper right click on My Account, Login, then Login with GoDaddy.

Either option gives you the choice of logging in with your GD credentials or your AN credentials.

•••
Why on the main page of afternic i see always the same image of same domains displayed as a premium !!?

They are almost the same domains i see them from long time !! Are they belong to afternic themselves or there is a paid service to keep them shown on main page like this ..!??

IMO it should be a collection of random premium domains displayed and rotating all the times to give fair chances for all premium domains sellers their domains to be shown .

BTW some of the displayed are ugly !!

1653308096522.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have delisted all domains on Afternic...

Because i have sold a domain, transfer complete, but I can not get the funds. Neither as Goodasgold.

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler
I am seeing some pricing issues with prices listed at afternic vs price showing at godaddy.
The minimum offer for all names listed at afternic is way higher, when you search the name at godaddy or godaddy auction. My minimum offer is $199 and it shows as $1812 at godaddy.

Bostonfall+com as an example
https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?src=dpp&miid=381406132&itc=dpp_absol1
https://www.afternic.com/domain/bostonfall.com
It shows minimum 1500$ at afternic but at Godaddy its $1754
If i am looking for $199 offers i dont want someone going to godaddy and searching my name and seeing minimum offer $1812
Can that be fixed? Or do i need to sign up and price them all at godaddy auctions?
I see bostonfall is $3103.85 at name.com netsol is $2699

Took my test name, was 3488 bin 199 offer, showing $3488 bin but $1812 at godaddy as minimum offer. Lowered price at afternic to bin $149 min offer $99
at godaddy it showed bin $149 offer minimum $84
Raised price afternic to $399 bin and min offer $99 and
it shows bin $399 but min offer is raised to $259 at godaddy

People, even bots should take a look see what their minimum offer is showing up as on godaddy

I see a .org is listed at afternic bin 3788 min offer 700
at godaddy it shows 3788 and min offer 2462

•••
@Joe Styler
I am seeing some pricing issues with prices listed at afternic vs price showing at godaddy.
The minimum offer for all names listed at afternic is way higher, when you search the name at godaddy or godaddy auction. My minimum offer is $199 and it shows as $1812 at godaddy.

Bostonfall+com as an example
https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?src=dpp&miid=381406132&itc=dpp_absol1
https://www.afternic.com/domain/bostonfall.com
It shows minimum 1500$ at afternic but at Godaddy its $1754
If i am looking for $199 offers i dont want someone going to godaddy and searching my name and seeing minimum offer $1812
Can that be fixed? Or do i need to sign up and price them all at godaddy auctions?
I see bostonfall is $3103.85 at name.com netsol is $2699

Took my test name, was 3488 bin 199 offer, showing $3488 bin but $1812 at godaddy as minimum offer. Lowered price at afternic to bin $149 min offer $99
at godaddy it showed bin $149 offer minimum $84
Raised price afternic to $399 bin and min offer $99 and
it shows bin $399 but min offer is raised to $259 at godaddy

People, even bots should take a look see what their minimum offer is showing up as on go if daddy

I see a .org is listed at afternic bin 3788 min offer 700
at godaddy it shows 3788 and min offer 2462
I have the same problem. Do we absolutely need to re-list them directly on GoDaddy Auctions (with TXT record) to apply the good amounts?

Some news about this thread @MasterOfMyDomains?

•••
Thanks for bumping and reminding me.
No news here on that

•••
•••
Because i have sold a domain, transfer complete, but I can not get the funds. Neither as Goodasgold.

I haven't dealt with Afternic in a while, but last week I had a broker contact me with a nice offer, which we negotiated into a sale. Everything was rush, rush, rush, with constant emails and updates, and the domain was transferred.... then silence of the lambs.

No emails, no updates, no nothing. I realize it was a long weekend, but everything has gone from high-gear to no-gear once they had the money and the domain.

I go to my Afternic account today and it's the same shit as last week - "Payment - Not Scheduled".

Last edited:
•••
Well, my recent Afternic experience is not getting any better as there has been no change in Payment Status and there also doesn't seem to be any Customer Support at all.

I tried calling on the phone, but there is never anyone there and I always get the general mailbox - never a good sign. My previous email has gone unanswered and I probably don't want to enter into another transaction with Afternic at this point in time.

These Afternic guys run around like rabbits to get the deal done initially.. right up til they have their money and your domain. Then everything starts going real slow before going dark.

For an example of the stark difference between GD and Afternic, I have already closed a GD transaction that started after this Afternic domain was paid for, transferred and confirmed, and I already got the GD money in my bank yesterday.

Last edited:
•••
I noticed joe styler is more active on twitter these days. Maybe try there

•••
•••
I don't want to get into all the gory details, but what a comedy of errors and I think this is the last time I reply to an Afternic broker inquiry.

It all comes down to a lack of procedures - when I forwarded the Transfer Code to Afternic, they transferred it to their GD account to "push" it to the buyers account, but somehow the buyer also got ahold of the Transfer Code (WTF?) as well, and tried transferring it again... and again... and again... which naturally went up against the 60-day Lock that Afternic themselves created with the first transfer to GD. Apparently, the buyer wasn't very happy.

How this was all allowed to occur is totally beyond me, but it's very troubling to get support email that states they seemingly don't know where the 60-day lock came from and insinuates it is somehow my doing (like I'm trying to sell a locked domain, thereby angering their customer), but I guess that's par for the course.

At some point I better either get a) the money or b) the domain back.

cops.gif

Last edited:
•••
Been 17 days and my landers still show wröng minimum
Any word from service@afternic dot king?
Maybe ask and tag jjstyler. He might have me on ignore
I just sent an email to Afternic and GD support. I'll let you know! ;)

•••
If you add a new domain or domains to Afternic, then you need to wait about 3 seconds before you proceed to the next step. Because if the domain is already listed on Afternic, then they will tell you during the first step. So you click on "List Domains", and during "Step 1: Enter Domains" you enter a domain name. Now wait here for about 3 seconds. Then if you don't see any errors, proceed to the 2nd step.

Here is a bug: if you add a domain which is already listed on Afternic and you immediatley proceed to the 2nd step, Afternic will allow you to proceed, add the domain, set your pricing. Then they will tell you that you have successfully added the domain. But it is not true. If the domain is already listed on Afternic, then nothing will happen, even if you see the success message. This is a bug (old Afternic version).

So just make sure to wait about 3 seconds during the 1st step before proceeding to the 2nd step.

Here is how to replicate this bug: select a domain which is already listed on Afternic. Add this domain in your account, and immediately proceed to the 2nd step without waiting. Set your pricing and confirm the domain listing. Afternic will display the success message. Now check this domain in your portfolio and you won't find it, of course because the domain is already listed under a different Afternic account. The bug is that Afternic displays the success message despite the fact that the domain listing failed.

Last edited:
•••
27 days. Have you heard back from afternic /daddy why the minimum we set at afternic is wrong at godaddy auction lander.
I just sent an email to Afternic and GD support. I'll let you know! ;)

•••
The bulk selection doesn't work for removing BIN prices

•••
@MasterOfMyDomains

27 days. Have you heard back from afternic /daddy why the minimum we set at afternic is wrong at godaddy auction lander.

First, sorry for the delay. I received very quick answer (like the day after) from both GoDaddy and Afternic Supports but it haven't really sold my problem.

Here's the answer from GD :

Capture d’écran, le 2022-08-06 à 11.47.06.png

Note : when I listed my domains on Afternic, I wasn't logged in through my GoDaddy Account, which might explain bugs. But still, no explanations about the minimum price offer (why they are different) or if I have to re-list them manually one by one on GD Auctions with a TXT Record for verification purpose.

Here's the answer from AF :

Capture d’écran, le 2022-08-06 à 12.16.08.png

Note : Again, no explanation about weird pricing... I guess I won't take time to re-list my 250 domain names to edit them. Or maybe only my .coms to start. Dan's landing page, Sedo, Afternic, mls, etc. are quite enough.

Thanks @Charybdis for your explanation. Maybe it's the key. I'll try this for my future listings.

Genny

•••
One small suggestion. Afternic should reduce Commission Fees by 3%-5% for Tld's not eligible for Fast Transfer. Thanks.

•••
Godaddy knowingly prevents search engines from indexing "For Sale" pages (served via ns5 / ns6 dns).

Example: (random afternic-listed domain from .com zone, not mine, is using ns5.afternic.com and ns6.afternic.com)

nd1.jpg

Yeah, people do frequently type exact domain name in G search string instead of address bar...

"No information is available for the page" is shown because GoDaddy blocks godaddy.com / forsale /
URLs in robots.txt, therefore instructing all bots not to index forsale pages:

nd2.jpg

Ref: Disallow: /forsale/ in the bottom of the above screenshot.

Other marketplaces (Dan, Alter, Dynadot, Sedo just to name a few) do not have such an issue.

Obviously, it is a bug. Should be fixed ASAP. The fix is trivial: just edit robots.txt file...

Would be interesting to find out why GD decided to block these pages from indexing?
What for? To decrease sales?? ;-()

Btw, It does not improve server load. Bots (including G) still visit these pages. But the results are exlcluded from search index...

@Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
An ngTLD domain with BIN price that I added 10 days ago is directed to ns5-ns6 servers, but its price does not appear on the sales page and therefore the buy now option is not active.

In addition, the domain was not added automatically during CSV upload. I realized this situation much later and had to add it manually.

The support team has not made a statement yet, I have been waiting for an answer for days.

•••
Hello

Transfer of .xyz Domain ownership, listed on Afternic to the Buyer.

I would like to know in what Sequence one should follow the procedure to Transfer the .XYZ-Domain Ownership to Buyer listed on Afternic.

(1). Afternic Ownership Transfer:

a) Current Registrar-
b) Account Username
c) Account Number-
d) Email Address-
e) Mark As Transferred

(2). Transfer From Your Godaddy Account

A) Which Account is this Going to:

a) Owners Email Address:
b) Re-enter Owners Email Address :

B) Customer # (Optional): ?

C) Do You Want to Copy Current Domain Contact Information to the New Account?
a) Yes
b) No

*Anyone here can help me out?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy knowingly prevents search engines from indexing "For Sale" pages (served via ns5 / ns6 dns).

Example: (random afternic-listed domain from .com zone, not mine, is using ns5.afternic.com and ns6.afternic.com)

Show attachment 220666

Yeah, people do frequently type exact domain name in G search string instead of address bar...

"No information is available for the page" is shown because GoDaddy blocks godaddy.com / forsale /
URLs in robots.txt, therefore instructing all bots not to index forsale pages:

Show attachment 220667

Ref: Disallow: /forsale/ in the bottom of the above screenshot.

Other marketplaces (Dan, Alter, Dynadot, Sedo just to name a few) do not have such an issue.

Obviously, it is a bug. Should be fixed ASAP. The fix is trivial: just edit robots.txt file...

Would be interesting to find out why GD decided to block these pages from indexing?
What for? To decrease sales?? ;-()

Btw, It does not improve server load. Bots (including G) still visit these pages. But the results are exlcluded from search index...

@Joe Styler
It's not a bug its a feature.
Anyway maybe not a feature you like but it is being done on purpose. It is something that may change in the future. I have had conversations about this with the person in charge of SEO at GoDaddy to see what can be done to change the policy.

•••
It's not a bug its a feature.
Anyway maybe not a feature you like but it is being done on purpose. It is something that may change in the future. I have had conversations about this with the person in charge of SEO at GoDaddy to see what can be done to change the policy.
Afternic never ceases to amaze.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back