Dynadot

Problems with edomains.com.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Allysin

Established Member
Impact
I found out the cheapest transfer for .rent TLD is eDomains.com. In good faith I've set up the transfer on their website and registered for an account. I paid $20.59 thinking this will extend the domain for another year but shortly after I got another invoice from them for $46. They do not appear to have a phone number or chat so I created a ticket. The replies I'm getting via the ticket are not only very poor English but they are also very rude = they address me by a completely different name; sometimes they just copy a listing from WHOIS to prove the domain has not been transferred yet (my loosing registrar says they will complete the transfer if I don't cancel it before Sunday, March 6th).

Have you had any experience with eDomains.com (either good or bad). Are they legit? Shall I give this a try or just cancel the domain and let it expire (the transfer fees elsewhere are rather expensive). Can I get my $20.59 back from them if I cancel the request? I can't find out any information about eDomains.com anywhere when I try to google them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I'm not mistaken, Edomains and Catched.com are the same company. There is a catched.com representative on the forum. @Catched.com can you comment on this?

•••
Found this post trying to find more info about catched & edomains and if it is a legit business.
Had a backorder today on a .fi domain name. They catched the domain and added for sale through Dan.
L.E.: They started an action for the domain. Looks legit, but it's a different approach (Dan first, action second).

Last edited:
•••
I've found them to be good guys and very helpful when I've needed them in a pinch. Their platform can be buggy, but the guys behind the scenes are good people.

•••
@Allysin, sorry for don't answer you early. We didn't see your comment till now. We apologize for the confusion. I checked the situation, and I noticed that the transfer was finally done, and you were charged $20.59.
I saw that our price wasn't correctly set, but we respected the old price in your transfer. Thank you very much

•••
The replies I'm getting via the ticket are not only very poor English but they are also very rude = they address me by a completely different name; sometimes they just copy a listing from WHOIS to prove the domain has not been transferred yet (my loosing registrar says they will complete the transfer if I don't cancel it before Sunday, March 6th).

I got a two word reply (from Antoni) to my question and it has looked so unprofessional that I decided to check them and I came across your thread.
Now I see it is a standard and they did not improve at all.

They catched the domain and added for sale through Dan.
L.E.: They started an action for the domain. Looks legit, but it's a different approach (Dan first, action second).

Seems like a joke how they deal with backorders.

•••
I found out the cheapest transfer for .rent TLD is eDomains.com. In good faith I've set up the transfer on their website and registered for an account. I paid $20.59 thinking this will extend the domain for another year but shortly after I got another invoice from them for $46. They do not appear to have a phone number or chat so I created a ticket. The replies I'm getting via the ticket are not only very poor English but they are also very rude = they address me by a completely different name; sometimes they just copy a listing from WHOIS to prove the domain has not been transferred yet (my loosing registrar says they will complete the transfer if I don't cancel it before Sunday, March 6th).

Have you had any experience with eDomains.com (either good or bad). Are they legit? Shall I give this a try or just cancel the domain and let it expire (the transfer fees elsewhere are rather expensive). Can I get my $20.59 back from them if I cancel the request? I can't find out any information about eDomains.com anywhere when I try to google them.

lesson to learn.. never waste time on 2nd rate places 99percent never even heard of.

•••
This company is charging me for renewals that do not even reside there, how do we remove our cc from their system. Customer support is very slow, or non responsive.

•••
@Allysin, sorry for don't answer you early. We didn't see your comment till now. We apologize for the confusion. I checked the situation, and I noticed that the transfer was finally done, and you were charged $20.59.
I saw that our price wasn't correctly set, but we respected the old price in your transfer. Thank you very much
This company is charging me for renewals that do not even reside there, how do we remove our cc from their system. Customer support is very slow, or non responsive.

Fix your edomains platform, if domains are not at your register, stop charging peoples cards for them, also setup a DELETE button so we can remove our credit cards, no way of deleting credit cards.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back