Dynadot

question Question on IDN domains

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Does anyone here own idn or have success with them? Or do you know any existing idn sites on the net?

I'm just curious to see how an idn site looks like. Say you have an idn of car.com, will it show as car.com? How will it look different from the actual car.com? What about if you forward an idn domain? How will that work?

Any info will be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I though you were talking about that perticular one. I dont have many IDN's left now and the few i have are listed on sedo, godaddy, flppa.

Ah ok, I was confused perhaps. I don't think many IDNs get type-ins so listings are imperative.

•••
here's an idn i own that gets traffic and earns revenue

www.xn--moble-p4a.de

also have same in .com

•••
This is not an IDN

Qhen you're at the idn website lets say you had car.com idn you will notice when you go to that website it will start with xn-- then a bunch of numbers this is whats called the punycode and is how your actual url will look like.
If you see something like car.com as IDN this is worthless, don't buy it.
I think this is stupid to stay away from IDN, in France we all use it for é è ç à, Google search does not make the difference if you check on keyword planner with or without like "word" and "words" and if you are mart enough you can get Premium short .com one even in english. just think about the price of a 4 letter .com domains with no meanings that are sold ...And in some cases it is even brandable (with ligature) generic words are not ! You can not register a brand called "shoe" for example but "shœ" may be !!! Look this one i s for sale : shœ.com

•••
I think this is stupid to stay away from IDN, in France we all use it for é è ç à, Google search does not make the difference if you check on keyword planner with or without like "word" and "words" and if you are mart enough you can get Premium short .com one even in english. just think about the price of a 4 letter .com domains with no meanings that are sold ...And in some cases it is even brandable (with ligature) generic words are not ! You can not register a brand called "shoe" for example but "shœ" may be !!! Look this one i s for sale : shœ.com
and these one :
reggæ.com
shœsale.com
æronautic.com
æronautics.com
ærospace.com

•••
In French, Spanish, German you have Latin letters (so 'normal letters'), but many letters of their alfabet are used with an accent depending in what word these are used.
à é è ç, etc.... In German for instance the word for furniture is möbel (and that's an IDN-name).
What I find is that IDN's weren't launched soon enough. Now lots of germans use moebel on internet, but if they write a letter to someone they write the word in a text as möbel AND NOT moebel. The only reason they use moebel in some domainnames, is because in the past IDN-domains didn't exist.", and they are not aware of the fact that IDN's exist yet. But in the future this certainly will change for the better.
"évaluation" is the French word for "evaluation". And if you register for instance évaluation.site, you have registerred a IDN-domain. In the future more and more IDN's will be used, also because of the below :

AND VERY IMPORTANT : EMOJI-DOMAINS are always IDN-domains

•••
Thanks for the info. I've learned about idn since 2009, but I never knew how it actually work. It seems like people talk about it, but i've never seen an existinf site.

There was a guy who was trying to sell his idn. I asked him a a simple question, and he couldn't answer it. I figure some domainers invest without knowing how the product works.

I did the same. I bought a dozen emoji dimains, which are also idn in .ws. I thought they are cool. For $5 each you can't go wrong. Then, I realize i couldn't get it to forward to my other site. So, it's basically useless. That's about $60. $60 of something that i have no clue that it works.

Speaking of blindness, one time I bought a domain with a .tel extension. It was $10. Good one word keyword, at least I thought it was . Then, I realize you can't develop a .tel domain like you do with other extensions. I went back to the seller to ask him how the domain works. He said he didn't know either. It happens in domaining. You just click buttons.
If you see something like car.com as IDN this is worthless, don't buy it.
Does anyone here own idn or have success with them? Or do you know any existing idn sites on the net?

I'm just curious to see how an idn site looks like. Say you have an idn of car.com, will it show as car.com? How will it look different from the actual car.com? What about if you forward an idn domain? How will that work?

Any info will be appreciated.
In French, Spanish, German you have Latin letters (so 'normal letters'), but many letters of their alfabet are used with an accent depending in what word these are used.
à é è ç, etc.... In German for instance the word for furniture is möbel (and that's an IDN-name).
What I find is that IDN's weren't launched soon enough. Now lots of germans use moebel on internet, but if they write a letter to someone they write the word in a text as möbel AND NOT moebel. The only reason they use moebel in some domainnames, is because in the past IDN-domains didn't exist.", and they are not aware of the fact that IDN's exist yet. But in the future this certainly will change for the better.
"évaluation" is the French word for "evaluation". And if you register for instance évaluation.site, you have registerred a IDN-domain. In the future more and more IDN's will be used, also because of the below :

AND VERY IMPORTANT : EMOJI-DOMAINS are always IDN-domains
I agree 100 percent ! and if you look at Google adwords keyworld planner you will see that it does not make any difference in between "möbel" and "moebel" (did not verified it in german, but did in french with é è ç à...IDN are undervalued but a good investment for smart people. And I will soon bring you an eample of a company getting famous with it in tv ads.

•••
•••
IDNs are going to be huge.
They already are.
EVERY DOMAIN I ever sold was a foreign language word. Or combo.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back