Dynadot

Questions about scam "Hosting Company"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lisa22222

Established Member
Impact
Hello, i am a web design and developer. I build a website for my client 7 years ago. The site is getting over 5 Millions visitors every day, the site is hosted in a small hosting company 7 years ago, when my the site is getting over 5 millions hit every day then 60% data removed by the Admin of hosting company again and again. Now we did host the site in Godaddy but their loading speed is toooooooooooo low.

My Quotations:

1. What is the best high speed hosting around the globe?
2. What is the popular and faith hosting around the globe?
3. How we can sure the hosting company will not removed our data from his server?

If you don't know above questions and answers currently! Please reply this "Thread"!!!

Please share your experience, but don't offer me your poor or scam hosting company site URL!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well if it is not illegal and you require high spec hosting you can try
LIQUIDWEB
RACKSPACE (Expensive)

•••
Get a dedicated server networks. Websites with 5 millions of hits EVERY DAY can't be hosted on shared hosting, assuming every pageview is 500 KB weight (and i'm very optimistic here), you should need 2.5 TB of bandwidth everyday, and shared hosting can handle only few hundreds of simultaneous connection, and only when they're well configured, otherwise they get frozen with 50-70. With a similar traffic, your site should receive even 10,000 - 15,000 simultaneous connection at some point of the day.

If what you say is true, if you really receive 5 millions of hits every day, you can certainly afford to pay at least 3-4 powerful dedicated servers instead of paying few bucks each month.

However i don't believe your data are correct. Any shared hosting would have "kicked you off" after reached few thousands hits per day.

•••
However i don't believe your data are correct. Any shared hosting would have "kicked you off" after reached few thousands hits per day.

I don't see where the OP has mentioned that the website is being hosted in a shared hosting environment!

•••
What you don't want is a host that offers "unlimited" bandwidth. There are always limits.

Look for a definite price for the amount of traffic you are receiving.

•••
I don't see where the OP has mentioned that the website is being hosted in a shared hosting environment!

I assumed it because of what he said. The admin removed content, it doesn't happen in a dedicated environment.

•••
Get a dedicated server networks. Websites with 5 millions of hits EVERY DAY can't be hosted on shared hosting, assuming every pageview is 500 KB weight (and i'm very optimistic here), you should need 2.5 TB of bandwidth everyday, and shared hosting can handle only few hundreds of simultaneous connection, and only when they're well configured, otherwise they get frozen with 50-70. With a similar traffic, your site should receive even 10,000 - 15,000 simultaneous connection at some point of the day.

If what you say is true, if you really receive 5 millions of hits every day, you can certainly afford to pay at least 3-4 powerful dedicated servers instead of paying few bucks each month.

Thanks for sharing great information, can you tell us that can we buy "Corporate" plan for my client site? instalhost.com/shared-website-hosting

•••
Thanks for sharing great information, can you tell us that can we buy "Corporate" plan for my client site?

What, seriously?

Can you kindly tell me what you didn't get from my post? I would be glad to explain you again why a shared hosting is not useful for a 5 millions views / day website.

(but i kinda think it's a spammy thread.... as i suspected).

•••
What, seriously?

Can you kindly tell me what you didn't get from my post? I would be glad to explain you again why a shared hosting is not useful for a 5 millions views / day website.

(but i kinda think it's a spammy thread.... as i suspected).

Oh...You are a 100% scam!!!!!!Spamer!!!!!!! You did not answer my question but you told spammy thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Thanks for sharing great information, can you tell us that can we buy "Corporate" plan for my client site? instalhost.com/shared-website-hosting

No way any shared host is going to let you get by with 5 million visitors a day and the bandwidth for that for 7.50 a month. LOL "Unlimited" doesn't mean unlimited - that is the first rule of hosting.

You need to look at dedicated server hosting. KnownHost.com is pretty good and I think Rackspace was mentioned above. I don't even think you can get away with a manged VPS. Gong to need a dedicated and it is going to cost you more than 7-10 dollars a month.

•••
A managed VPS would be enough for 10,000-20,000 unique views per day. Over that, you NEED a dedicated server, and if you go over 100,000/day you need to build a network of dedicated servers.

What makes me think this is a spammy thread is i wrote in a very detailed and kind way why you need a dedicated server and not a shared hosting, and you, @Lisa22222 didn't answer and/or consider my post, then just asked if a corporate plan from a shared host you linked here (oh!) would be enough.

•••
•••
What makes me think this is a spammy thread is i wrote in a very detailed and kind way why you need a dedicated server and not a shared hosting, and you, @Lisa22222 didn't answer and/or consider my post, then just asked if a corporate plan from a shared host you linked here (oh!) would be enough.

I thought the same thing, but looked up her/his other posts and it seems like a legitimate inquiry. I think there are some translation issues making it a bit difficult to clearly communicate.

•••
Back