IT.COM

question Received meta TM issue . Advice needed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AIS01

Top Member
Impact
I registered a domain few days ago. Received this tm issue today. Advice needed. What should I do ?

I think it's fake

Mail Sender - [email protected]

Here is the mail -

" To Whom It May Concern,

We are writing concerning your registration and use of the domain name *****.com, which contains the Meta trademark.

As you are undoubtedly aware, on October 28, 2021, Facebook, Inc. announced that its name has been changed to Meta Platforms, Inc. (“Meta”). Meta is now the owner of well-known offerings and brands including Facebook, Instagram, Quest and WhatsApp. As part of this corporate rebrand, Meta made a substantial investment in developing its Meta name and trademark and as a result of this, Meta instantly received international recognition.

Accordingly, we were concerned when we learned of your registration and use of ****. As we hope you can appreciate, protection of our trademarks is very important to us. Your registration and use of ****".com violates the Lanham Act (15 U.S.C. 1051 et seq.) because it infringes the Meta trademark.

Infringement occurs when a third party’s use of a company’s trademark (or a confusingly similar variation thereof) is likely to confuse consumers as to the affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement of the third party’s services.

We have filed several proceedings before the United Nations World Intellectual Property Organization's arbitration panel to protect our trademarks and brands. Meta has consistently prevailed in these cases and the domain names at issue were ordered to be transferred to Meta. We are concerned that your unauthorized use of the Meta name may cause confusion as to whether you or your company’s activities are authorized, endorsed or sponsored by Meta when, in fact, they are not.

We understand that you may have registered *****.com without full knowledge of the law in this area. However, we are concerned about your use of the Meta trademark in your domain name. As you may know, the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act provides for serious penalties (up to $100,000 per domain name) against persons who, without authorization, use, sell, or offer for sale a domain name that infringes another’s trademark.

While Meta respects your right of expression and your desire to conduct business on the Internet, Meta must enforce its own rights in order to protect its valuable trademark. For these reasons, and to avoid consumer confusion, Meta must insist that you immediately stop using *****.com, and transfer the domain name to Meta within 7 business days. You should not sell, offer to sell, or transfer the domain name to a third party.

Please confirm in writing that you will agree to resolve this matter as requested. If we do not receive confirmation from you that you will comply with our request, we will have no choice but to pursue all available remedies against you.

Sincerely,

Meta IP & DNS Enforcement Group
Legal Dept.
Meta Platforms, Inc.

_Any personal data collected by Appdetex and used to identify individuals for the purpose of this communication have been done in accordance with applicable privacy laws and the Appdetex Privacy Policy available at: https://www.appdetex.com/legal/privacy-policy.

Certain information provided herein may be confidential and/or protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please notify the sender immediately and do not deliver, distribute or copy this transmission, disclose its contents, or take any other action in reliance upon or as a result of the information it contains."

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guys check this what they replied

My Question to Appdetex.com
> Is enfappdetex.com is connected with you ? Mean your parent site ?

They replied within one hour
>
Appdetex is authorized to act on behalf of its customers in the enforcement of their brands.

If you have received an email notice or other communication please reply to that same email, making sure that the subject of the notice is retained so your message can be properly routed. Also include any reference numbers that relate to the enforcement action.

Please rest assured that all communication is reviewed and shared with the brand owner(s). Due to the volume and nature of our work, however, Appdetex is unable to respond to emails received outside the original enforcement thread.

Thank you,

Appdetex

Appdetex is authorized to act on behalf of its customers in the enforcement of their brands.

If you have received an email notice or other communication please reply to that same email, making sure that the subject of the notice is retained so your message can be properly routed. Also include any reference numbers that relate to the enforcement action.

Please rest assured that all communication is reviewed and shared with the brand owner(s). Due to the volume and nature of our work, however, Appdetex is unable to respond to emails received outside the original enforcement thread.

Thank you,

•••
There is lots of recent reg. Meta sales you can check in namebio dropcatch sales.
So if others jump off a bridge will you? You regged a trademarked domain. No excuse.

•••
Guys check this what they replied
Thank you,

Look like they advertise their services to me without answering my original question

•••
So if others jump off a bridge will you? You regged a trademarked domain. No excuse.
Good Question but i reg. Not a exact meta name i reg. Next trending xmeta domain which was very rare imo

•••
Time to get rid of it by the look of it......

•••
•••
Plus i replied in the tm email too it seems 12 hours+ no replied

Can you imagine guys fb will use this type such a garbage for protecting brand ?

Without replied how to escalate this matter lol

•••
From meta names 😆
It's your domain, your choice - I would ignore people who flippantly say hire a TM lawyer - easy for them to say that, you would have pay for it and fight the battle

Weigh up the cost/time of of defending it, the potential selling price and the likelihood of you winning.......there's your answer

•••
It's winning.......there's your answer
True.
It's easy to say.
There are lots of money needed. Plus 99% chance to fail

Because world is ruled by billionaire only not for us

•••
And of course 'you' will fund that TM lawyer for him, that will end up eventually losing, right?? :xf.rolleyes:

6 case sites SCOTUS

Retired judge

Vast wipo experience

A fist year law student can destroy FB in any combo meta TM case

They own .com
That's it

•••
Be careful it can be some scammer/domainer which want to scare you, so you will gift your domain free of charge, look at the email it has numbers, that website is down.
Wait for UDRP better from them not some cheap email, look always at email so it comes from trusted website!

•••
Be careful it can be some scammer/domainer which want to scare you, so you will gift your domain free of charge, look at the email it has numbers, that website is down.
Wait for UDRP better from them not some cheap email, look always at email so it comes from trusted website!
Yes. Will do.
Waiting for 17 hours + no replied

•••
I also got a trademark infringement email from them ([email protected]) a week ago.
I haven't replied to them yet.
Because my Meta*****.com domain name was hand-regged a week before they announced the rebranding, so I'm pretty sure it's not a trademark infringement.

•••
Guys
Since I have meta.madrid & meta.cctlds
Do you think I can get such notice?

I am talking about simple meta.cctlds

Thansk

•••
so whats the domain name which made them come after you?

•••
•••
26 hours over. No replies lol 😂

•••
The law firm that will come after you is hoganlovells.com. They represent Meta. If you fight the case yourself, it costs you nothing.

•••
The law firm that will come after you is hoganlovells.com. They represent Meta. If you fight the case yourself, it costs you nothing.
Yes. Thanks 👍
But no needed it's a fake issue.
They try to stolen our domains only.

Last edited:
•••
Yes. Thanks 👍
But no needed it's a fake issue.
They try to stolen our domains only.
Have you benefited from the advice given in this thread?

•••
•••
Did you check the sender email header?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Back