IT.COM

question Registering first names of people

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I see lot of people are registering first names in domain names. My name, names of my children and wife are all taken in .com. .net .org and .xyz. A lot of other first names (and even typos) are registered and showing parked pages. Is there opportunity in registering such available first names? How much people are willing to pay for their names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess, depends on a name. My sister's name is on BB for sale for $127310 - dina dot com (not mine!).
But if your name happens to be Waggajaggafukkapunk , then probably it will be cheaper.

•••
I think first names are not a liquid market. The number of big name sales is almost non-existent. Dina is definitely a nice 4 char personal name. How many buyers are there for Dina.com at that price? I did managed to register Dina.biz for $86, regular renewals. Does the tld matter that much when it's a personal domain?

•••
The buyer for Dina.com is probably not going to have the firstname of Dina. It'll be selling to a business and branded. I think it's a fair price for branding purposes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back