Dynadot

status-review Report all the agreed-upon non-sales (Either buyers or sellers back out)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

simonpan

Established Member
Impact
I want to start a thread that reports all the agreed-upon domain sales that buyers or sellers backed out in marketplaces including namepros.

Please include if possible:
Domain name
Buyer's or seller's name (maybe their social profiles) who backed out
Price
the link or the marketplace where the transaction occured
A brief explanation about what happened
Be creative and add more stuffs if you like

But no insulting.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I will start

Erty.com by @stardomain1
https://www.namepros.com/threads/1265804/page-2#posts
He/She started an auction but canceled the auction with bids already on it an hour before it ended. It is against the policy of Namepros. People should be aware of this!
You bid under the listing terms. The listing terms said auction can be cancelled within 8 hours even if there is bids. You shouldn't have bid otherwise despite the terms of the listing.

•••
You bid under the listing terms. The listing terms said auction can be cancelled within 8 hours even if there is bids. You shouldn't have bid otherwise despite the terms of the listing.
People bid under Namepros rules - you can't just make up auction rules in case the amount is not what you are looking for.....which is what you have blatantly done....Your "rule" is not reasonable as no auction would allow you to do this and Namepros does not accept reserve prices either......

6.2.2. Reserve prices for auctions are not permitted; auction holders (sellers) must set a starting bid that they are prepared to accept.

6.2.10. Auction holders (sellers) must sell to the highest bidder with a valid bid at the end of the auction or to the first buyer to accept a valid Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price before the auction ends. If the BIN price matches the current high bid, then the auction ends immediately with the current high bidder as the winner. Rule 6.1.17 applies.

6.2.12. Auction formats, details, terms, and rules created by sellers must be reasonable, transparent, specific, and predictable. Exception: Sellers have full control over the amount of their starting bids, even if the amount seems unreasonable.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/official-rules-of-namepros.848752/

You either sell it to the highest bidder or your name is s&it on this forum......

•••
My listing clearly stated the terms of the auction and any bids under those terms are agreeing with those terms.

People bid under Namepros rules - you can't just make up auction rules in case the amount is not what you are looking for.....which is what you have blatantly done....Your "rule" is not reasonable as no auction would allow you to do this and Namepros does not accept reserve prices either......

6.2.2. Reserve prices for auctions are not permitted; auction holders (sellers) must set a starting bid that they are prepared to accept.

6.2.10. Auction holders (sellers) must sell to the highest bidder with a valid bid at the end of the auction or to the first buyer to accept a valid Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price before the auction ends. If the BIN price matches the current high bid, then the auction ends immediately with the current high bidder as the winner. Rule 6.1.17 applies.

6.2.12. Auction formats, details, terms, and rules created by sellers must be reasonable, transparent, specific, and predictable. Exception: Sellers have full control over the amount of their starting bids, even if the amount seems unreasonable.

You either sell it to the highest bidder or your name is s&it on this forum......

•••

I saw when he posted his auction with those terms. I automatically knew he was going to default. Didn't bother to bid. I am not surprised it played out the way it did.

•••
My listing clearly stated the terms of the auction and any bids under those terms are agreeing with those terms.
You don’t dictate terms here the people who own this forum do. But no worries you will never sell a name here.

•••
You don’t dictate terms here the people who own this forum do. But no worries you will never sell a name here.
As a seller I indeed have the right to dictate certain terms and they were listed in the listing. There were many other terms in the listing and not just one, such as immediate payment, having many positive feedbacks etc and all bids are under those terms in my listing on top of Namepros terms.

Finally, I sincerely understand how frustrating it must be and for this I would like to apologise to everyone and I thank you for your time and again I would like to apologise for taking up your time.

Last edited:
•••
As a seller I indeed have the right to dictate certain terms and they were listed in the listing. There were many other terms in the listing and not just one, such as immediate payment, having many positive feedbacks etc and all bids are under those terms in my listing on top of Namepros terms.

Finally, I sincerely understand how frustrating it must be and for this I would like to apologise to everyone and I thank you for your time and again I would like to apologise for taking up your time.
What don’t you understand about you have to follow the rules of the forum not make your own up? If you don’t like the established rules don’t list here.

•••
What don’t you understand about you have to follow the rules of the forum not make your own up? If you don’t like the established rules don’t list here.
As stated the msg above, as a seller I indeed have the right to dictate certain terms. Please refer to the message above.

•••

You can set your own terms as long as they don't contradict any of the forum's terms for auctions. Giving yourself the power to end an auction even with a valid bid contradicts the Namepros terms.

If you want to have total control, then don't list on third-party platforms that have their own rules.

Last edited:
•••

The thing is that you're using NamePros, which also has terms and conditions. NamePros' terms and conditions overwrite any of your own made-up terms...

•••
You can set your own terms as long as they don't contradict any of the forum's terms for auctions. Giving yourself the power to end an auction even with a valid bid contradicts the Namepros terms.

If you want to have total control, then don't list on third-party platforms that have their own rules.
My rules were on top of the namepros rules and all bidders who are bidding are agreeing to my rules in the listing. As a seller, I get to add extra terms such as payment type, auction style in addition to namepros.

Most importantly all bidders are aware of my terms when bidding and are de jure agreeing to my terms when bidding.

Last edited:
•••
My rules were on top of the namepros rules and all bidders who are bidding are agreeing to my rules in the listing. As a seller, I get to add extra terms such as payment type, auction style in addition to namepros.

Most importantly all buyers are aware of my terms when bidding and are de facto agreeing to my terms when bidding.
There's no use going back and forth with this if you are finding it hard to understand why it was wrong on so many levels.

Someone should have reported that auction so that the mods could have closed it down before all those bidders wasted their time

•••
There is no way that each individual is pushing auction terms as they wish and override namepros rules! Beside the 8 hour cancelling time there is another conflict with namepros rules - demanding Paypal Friends and Family payment is against the namepros auction rules and should be ignored and reported by all namepros members!

•••
There is no way that each individual is pushing auction terms as they wish and override namepros rules! Beside the 8 hour cancelling time there is another conflict with namepros rules - demanding Paypal Friends and Family payment is against the namepros auction rules and should be ignored and reported by all namepros members!
I have had completed paypal family and friends transactions before. This is under the understanding that domain will be transferred to you first such that there is absolutely no risk in the transaction from the buyers perspective and if anything I would be the maximum risk holder. No where on Namepros terms does it say I cannot state such a term. Please show otherwise. That is also why another term was included in the listing which said buyer must have many positive feedbacks. My auction was a fully valid auction that did not violate any terms.

All bidders are agreeing to all my terms when bidding from a legal perspective. You can't pick and choose the terms that you don't like after the auction was cancelled and start an argument with me.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I dont see any negative feedback. So much spam and sketchy activity here now.
I actively notified the admin how the seller did not respect the auction... I even tagged the @Echo Mod Team in the msg I have sent that person for initiating the transfer process. ..
The profile is still active...

•••

Ha! I never heard of anything like this. You should set a reserve price instead of just cancelling when you don't like the ending price.

•••
Ha! I never heard of anything like this. You should set a reserve price instead of just cancelling when you don't like the ending price.
By Namepros rules, you can't set a reserve price. The only workaround is to set your desired reserve price as starting bid. But some people won't still do that because they know no one will bid on those auctions with a high starting bid

•••
@VidhataPrakash we self moderate. Negative review and post on his profile he cant be trusted and link to auction.
@Bravo Mod Team whats the scoop E?

•••
I will start

Erty.com by @stardomain1
https://www.namepros.com/threads/1265804/page-2#posts
He/She started an auction but canceled the auction with bids already on it an hour before it ended. It is against the policy of Namepros. People should be aware of this!
Update: In regard to the above auction, where the seller failed to honor the binding agreement, they were infracted for the incident and reminded of the rules. After two different moderator teams and several members in this thread attempted to explain the rules to help them get back on track, the member continued to refuse to honor them, which resulted in their account being restricted for security reasons.

Once they have reviewed the rules again and agree to follow them, their account will qualify for a review to remove the restriction.

For now, all posts by the member will go into a moderation queue that requires manual moderator review prior to publishing, to ensure the rules are being followed moving forward.

For internal use ONLY: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/messages/5705383/

•••
I dont see any negative feedback. So much spam and sketchy activity here now.

@stardomain1 even paypal frirnds family is sketchy. One day paypal will pop those that try avoid fees, terrible way to do business. And here of all places.
Paypal for business is when a good is delivered and if a buyer happened to find fault in it they can claim refund through paypal resolution.

Paypal considers domains as an intangible good (because it is digital). There is no way to track such a delivery in a traditional method (such as tracking link used for regular parcels)

Therefore paypal will always side with the buyer. They do not not accept domain whois or email Screenshots as evidence. Since domain is an intangible good.

Please read Paypal terms and Conditions on intangible goods before you comment on my business integrity.

Therefore a buyer can simply can get domain transferred and claim item not received and they will receive the full amount back and the seller loses everything.

In my case, as the maximum risk holder, I am willing to used the 'many positive feedbacks' as a way to reduce my risk and transfer the domain first.

Therefore your point is wrong.

Last edited:
•••
By Namepros rules, you can't set a reserve price. The only workaround is to set your desired reserve price as starting bid. But some people won't still do that because they know no one will bid on those auctions with a high starting bid
I did not set a reserve price.

•••
Back