Dynadot

question Reputation of different marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wkfx2003

Impact
I am a beginner and trying to sell a domain on 'sedo' before. No news for 1 year.
Then I list the domain to AfterNic for USD1000 and the next day I post, AfterNic said it is sold.
I googled and found on TrustPilot, the reputation of AfterNic is poor :( > :).
So this make me hesitate and also wonder which marketplace has better reputation.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

login to your afternic account and verify the sale has taken place.
if so, then proceed with the process as instructed.

my last sale was on afternic and the name was listed and pointed at sedo.

also, after you have initiated the sale transaction at afternic (if legit), remember to remove your domain from sedo's listing.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
I am a beginner and trying to sell a domain on 'sedo' before. No news for 1 year.
Then I list the domain to AfterNic for USD1000 and the next day I post, AfterNic said it is sold.
Was the domain listed for $1K at Sedo, or was this a lower price at Afternic?
I googled and found on TrustPilot, the reputation of AfterNic is poor :( > :).
So this make me hesitate and also wonder which marketplace has better reputation.
Feel free to browse the many comments posted on NamePros for Sedo and Afternic. Opinions really vary.

Is the question of reputation what matters to you right now, or is the real question which one will likely close the deal?

The TrustPilot score overall appears low for Afternic at this time. On the other hand, plenty of folks on this forum that have been successful using them. The scores might be reflecting a smaller group of unhappy customers. Keep in mind, that there may be a group of legitimately griped customers, but you may not be getting an accurate sense of the number of very satisfied ones.
For myself, it surprised me that Afternic was very quick to provide a lead within weeks of listing, compared to months with Sedo. And the prices commanded by them were higher, even taking the commission into account.
At this point in time, maybe it's better to put more weight into your own experiences, rather than the online reviews? Just a point to consider.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back