Dynadot

SAV Auction Issue: "L" not "I" - please help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainsnamer

Established Member
Impact
Please can I ask for help. Today I bought a domain via SAV auction which clearly had the appearance of beginning with "I", but when the domain arrived it was "L", so instead of spelling Investor.xyz it was Lnvestor.xyz. As can be seen from the screen below it 100% appears as if it is a I, not L. I have written to SAV but so far they are denying any help.
Does anyone know what options I may have for help?
Thks

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 00.06.08.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
to avoid the mixup at sav or other places i just copy paste the name on google and i type it out to see if it matches

•••
It is a lack of due diligence purchase, supported by greed to get a higher value name at a lower price. One should understand that if it is a case of too good to be true, then something fishy.
Now, SAV.com will not return your money. If you used credit card, you file a dispute with your credit card issuer that your card was used UNAUTHORIZED.
In all sense, it is not a straightforward business, an element of cheating and deception was there in the Auction of this particular name.
Sav.com should also reconsider their decision as an exceptional case (the Seller has cheated the Buyer). But they will say that one's ignorance cannot be an excuse.

This is my point of view.

File the dispute for what? They bid on a domain and got the domain they bid on...

It's not unauthorised. It's a genuine payment.

Sometimes we mess up and it's part of a learning curve.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the response. Yes it seems they are noticing! Bob Hawkes has also been so incredibly helpful, very humbling. With SAV you have to pre- pay so they take the money immediately. Really unfair. I will not accept the situation, and it is not fair that I try and sell to someone else.

What will you do if you won't accept the situation?

•••
•••
For any domain where I have bid more than $100, I usually copy and paste into Google just to make sure I am not missing something. There have been times where a letter is missing. I think heathinsurance.com was recently expiring somewhere.

Could Lnvestor be used as a portmanteau of Lword+investor? Maybe throw a 28,888 price tag on it. IMO crazier names have sold for more.

•••
to avoid the mixup at sav or other places i just copy paste the name on google and i type it out to see if it matches
That is exactly what I do. OP - you may have to just eat the reg and then try to sell. You never know - you might get a buyer.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you click on an auction e.g. for love.cash you can see the domain in all caps when you hover over the domain (LOVE.CASH)

But I agree, that lower/UPPER case distinction needs to be more prominent.

•••
shame they dont have delete for credit like dynadot.com. hmmm sorry.

•••
shame they dont have delete for credit like dynadot.com. hmmm sorry.
Dynadot doesn't credit you for winning auctions. Just registrations

•••
Dynadot doesn't credit you for winning auctions. Just registrations
still, something better than this, dont you think?

•••
still, something better than this, dont you think?
I appreciate that they restrict how often you can auction names so that people can't flood the market constantly with crap names that no one wants. But I think auction winners should be allowed to relist without waiting 60 days so that they can possibly try to sell as soon as the buyer's remorse kicks in.

•••
There are whole loads of Lm / Ln in auction now… be careful !!

Attachments

• F46C24CE-0C56-4DC9-957A-C42277F35844.png
    F46C24CE-0C56-4DC9-957A-C42277F35844.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 97341CD8-7EA8-41F9-BB45-3C5B18703E1B.png
    97341CD8-7EA8-41F9-BB45-3C5B18703E1B.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 55
  • D2A9F04D-2B27-4576-B4D6-943572C449D6.png
    D2A9F04D-2B27-4576-B4D6-943572C449D6.png
    357.9 KB · Views: 61
•••
Looks like someone has found niche.
If he sells one great roi. Assume its guy, should say they
There are whole loads of Lm / Ln in auction now… be careful !!

•••
lntent.xyz reg 6 days ago, someone get the idea from this thread? See how many people get burned on those actions
lnsane.xyz 4 days old.
Yup buyer beware

•••
The marketplaces might be in the clear legally, but they could end up spending a lot of time & energy on disputes with buyers, while their own moral standing takes a hit. Although they'd miss out on the commission, I think it would be in their long-term interest to at least make these things more clear.
Would such letter replacements be easy to flag?

•••
•••
So you hover over the name on the auction page it's high lighted in capitals, but not on Ianding page.
One must be very careful before hitting a BlN
See OP name in question. lnvestor
If you hover the name it shows you the cap letters. One must be very careful before placing a bid.

Show attachment 214453

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back