IT.COM

SAV.COM - Domain registrar is not safe. Be careful with SAV registrar

NameSilo
Watch

webcane

Impact
SAV registrar IS not Safe. my domain expires on January 06, 2022 10:30 am and after 2 days i am not able to renew my domain. now even i am unable to see my domain in SAV account. its very bad and unprofessional. i tried to contact support but they are to lazy to respond ... i also faced with other domains with sav. in future i have decided not to use sav more...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you emailed their support, make sure you go through their website. Sending an email to "[email protected]" doesn't create a support ticket anymore, even if you're replying to an email from them.

It's complete bs and absolutely insane that they automatically close out any tickets created by email.

"Thank you for reaching out to Sav Customer Support. To provider faster resolution to support inquires we are ONLY ACCEPTING NEW TICKETS VIA OUR HELP CENTER. Tickets submitted by email will be immediately closed and not seen by our Support Team. To access our Help Center, please visit https://help.sav.com/ or click the Help link at the top of Sav."

I know they had some hurdles early on and got a lot of flack (rightfully so) for it, but the idea that creating extra hurdles to get support somehow makes it faster and better is SAV trying to put a dirty bandaid on a bigger problem, obviously.

I already had such a bad taste in my mouth when they were adamantly telling people NOT to post about their problems on forums but they have some good auctions so I'm trying them again against my better judgement and this support email thing is insane.

•••
SAV registrar IS not Safe. my domain expires on January 06, 2022 10:30 am and after 2 days i am not able to renew my domain. now even i am unable to see my domain in SAV account. its very bad and unprofessional. i tried to contact support but they are to lazy to respond ... i also faced with other domains with sav. in future i have decided not to use sav more...
I agree that they are not a consistently reliable platform. I transferred domains to @sav recently and one of the domains is still not in my account even though I expedited the transfer and WHOIS shows that it is now at SAV. A bit sketch. When I emailed support, I was told that it can still take up to 10 days for the transfer to complete.

Last edited:
•••
If you emailed their support, make sure you go through their website. Sending an email to "[email protected]" doesn't create a support ticket anymore, even if you're replying to an email from them.

It's complete bs and absolutely insane that they automatically close out any tickets created by email.

"Thank you for reaching out to Sav Customer Support. To provider faster resolution to support inquires we are ONLY ACCEPTING NEW TICKETS VIA OUR HELP CENTER. Tickets submitted by email will be immediately closed and not seen by our Support Team. To access our Help Center, please visit https://help.sav.com/ or click the Help link at the top of Sav."

I know they had some hurdles early on and got a lot of flack (rightfully so) for it, but the idea that creating extra hurdles to get support somehow makes it faster and better is SAV trying to put a dirty bandaid on a bigger problem, obviously.

I already had such a bad taste in my mouth when they were adamantly telling people NOT to post about their problems on forums but they have some good auctions so I'm trying them again against my better judgement and this support email thing is insane.
"Tickets submitted by email will be immediately closed and not seen by our Support Team"

I use email tracking and noticed that my email replies to that email address were being read and replied to.

•••
After reading the original post, I went to check about renewing a name in my Sav account that expired Jan 5th. I had no problem renewing it.

•••
Sav is a disaster of a registrar. The support reps don't know what they're doing and different reps will often contradict each other. They also don't send any expiration notices beyond the "7 days before expiration" point. So your domain will expire, go to grace period, auction, redemption etc, all without you knowing. Recently, they got back to me on a ticket and said "Our developers said that we don't have to email you about expiration" lol.

It's total amateur hour. Tested them with about 100+ domain portfolio for a couple years and moving the hell away.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back