Dynadot

Short domains that are not .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

inspiredme

Established Member
Impact
so one of the factors about a valueble domain is the length of the domain which obviously also needs to mean something or stand for something. so my question is does this also apply to other extensions too?? out of the .com ???

does length matter for other extensions, if i had an abbreviation of a country code and then the extension. I know each extension has its own value and some extensions have more value in the market, but does the same rule apply when it comes to the length of the domain??

I hope that makes sense

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By country code I assume you mean like "GB" or "GBR" (being a code / abbreviation for Great Britain). If we use "GBR" as an example, certainly has value in "COM", and value in "NET" and "ORG". You can experiment with other extensions, but I'd recommend sticking predominately with "COM". With other creative extensions (like if you end up playing with a "GG" or a "CLUB"), you really need to be registering strong, suitable, singular words for a pass with them, to support their appeal, and I'd say stay away if you don't have the experience. IMO

Last edited:
•••
i usually stick to .com's but i was listening to a talk today with Page Howe on Clubhouse and they were talking about .finance domains and its potential. so im planning to buy only 2 of those, but im going to stick with my .com's

Last edited:
•••
i usually stick to .com's but i was listening to a talk today with Page Howe and they were talking about .finance domains and its potential. so im planning to buy only 2 of those, but im going to stick with my .com's
Someone put up a post about some fake company selling "FINANCE" domains, catching millions of dollars for them. Those are unverified sales, and bull****...just making you aware. One sale entered 5 figures (just one) that I know of, back in 2020, and it was "uni dot finance" for around $11k. Not millions, its a weak extension

However, reg whatever you want...treat it as a speculative bet. Its your money, but I wouldn't bother. IMO

•••
Someone put up a post about some fake company selling "FINANCE" domains, catching millions of dollars for them. Those are unverified sales, and bull****...just making you aware. One sale entered 5 figures (just one) that I know of, back in 2020, and it was "uni dot finance" for around $11k. Not millions, its a weak extension

However, reg whatever you want...treat it as a speculative bet. Its your money, but I wouldn't bother. IMO
yeah that was spoken about people claiming that its fake etc.. , I dont know i wont say its fake or not because i dont know too much about it, but I was listening to Page, and he thinks theres potential there.

I will buy just 2 and hold onto it anyway. Philadelphia.finance apparently sold for 16 million

Last edited:
•••
yeah that was spoken about people claiming that its fake etc.. , I dont know i wont say its fake or not because i dont know too much about it, but I was listening to Page, and he thinks theres potential there.

I will buy just 2 and hold onto it anyway. Philiadephia.finance apparently sold for 16 million
Keep an eye on that domain, see what it becomes. Someone spending a cool 16 million dollars, but not doing anything with it...that kind of money is a mega customer, and would be a known entity. There is no data, information, credible real people or anything on "any" of these sales

•••
I will buy just 2 and hold onto it anyway. Philadelphia.finance apparently sold for 16 million

That was a FAKE report on Twitter. Nothing like that will ever be sold for $16,000,000.
A lot of the VIPs of the domain industry already commented that posts.

Do not believe everything told at social media.
Only trust in serious impacts like "DNJournal.com" and "Namebio.com".

Last edited:
•••
Keep an eye on that domain, see what it becomes. Someone spending a cool 16 million dollars, but not doing anything with it...that kind of money is a mega customer, and would be a known entity. There is no data, information, credible real people or anything on "any" of these sales
the whole topic is interesting i was reading the comments in this thread

https://www.namepros.com/threads/16-500-000-sale-of-philadelphia-finance.1268107/

could be fake or could be genuine who knows, there could be a possibility that the owner wants to promote .finance to make it look more valueble then what its worth...

cant say much on the topic, but ill just buy 2 anyway , im not so invested in this anyway

•••
That was a FAKE report on Twitter. Nothing like that will ever be sold for $16,000,000.
A lot of the VIPs of the domain industry already commented that posts.

Do not believe everything told at social media.
Only trust in serious impacts like "DNJournal.com" and "Namebio.com".
but how about the domains that are not registered as sold, there are many many domains that are sold privately 90% the sales we see are literally a very small percentage, are listed as sold on dnjournal and namebio. so we can only get an idea on what domains we can see that are sold. not saying these domains are fake or not, they may or may not be, but we cant really only go by the sales we see

Last edited:
•••
Don't get me wrong. The .finance defenetly has some value and it's an ngTLD where some experienced domainers made some money of for sure. i wouldn't disagree with that. I by myself held "8.finance" for a year. Let it drop and now it seem's to get developed to a meta/fi platform...

But i will protect you from beliving one, two or three domains with that extension sold that easy within a few days at such an $xx,xxx,xxx amount so that you think to register a bunch of domains with that TLD and lose some money you could've invest better you know? Take care. This reported sales are defenetly fraud and fake. No doubt.

Last edited:
•••
Don't get me wrong. The .finance defenetly has some value and it's an ngTLD where some experienced domainers made some money of for sure. i wouldn't disagree with that. I by myself held "8.finance" for a year. Let it drop and now it seem's to get developed to a meta/fi platform...

But i will protect you from beliving one, two or three domains with that extension soldthat easy within a few days at such an $xx,xxx,xxx amount so that you think to register a bunch of domains with that TLD and lose some money you could've invest better you know? Take care. This reported sales are defenetly fraud and fake. No doubt.
yeah i totally agree with that. I actually checked that domain on who is and i see it was registered recent which definetely seems sketchy. I know that domains dont sell after a few days, unless youre like super lucky, the chances of selling a domain name you register after a few days that sells for millions seems weird, even good .com domains can take time to sell definetely doesnt take 2 3 days unless you have a huge sales team and connections and networks, but for that price again seems a bit weird.

it looks like most of the sellers domains are all recent domains. like a year or less old

Last edited:
•••

But i will protect you from beliving one, two or three domains with that extension sold that easy within a few days at such an $xx,xxx,xxx amount so that you think to register a bunch of domains with that TLD and lose some money you could've invest better you know? Take care. This reported sales are defenetly fraud and fake. No doubt.
how did you let a one letter drop??

•••
how did you let a one letter drop??
yeah i read, thats crazy. I guess it can happen if you have a large porfolio, can be hard to manage depending on the size of the portfolio

Last edited:
•••
It was a registry premium. +$300 a year only for renewals. It was at my earliest stages of domaining and yeah.. when i had to renew it it reminded me of a loss of $600 for a single domain. That's nothing to special but at that point i didn't even made a single enduser sale so it was to expensive for me at this time i thought. But learnd a lot.
- Don't expand your portfolio on to many extensions you don't know pretty well.
- stay away from premium renewals if you can not hold the domain for some years (and it must be worth holding it for a longer time)
I haven't registered any domain at premium renewal costs after that domain
- and for me the most important thing is... Patience.

Last edited:
•••
It was a registry premium. +$300 a year only for renewals. It was at my earliest stages of domaining and i yeah.. when i had to renew it it reminded me of a loss of $600 for a single domain. That's nothing to special but at that point i didn't even made a single enduser sale so it was to expensive for me at this time i thought. But learnd a lot.
- Don't expand your portfolio on to many extensions you don't know pretty well.
- stay away from premium renewals if you can not hold the domain for some years (and it must be worth holding it for a longer time)
I haven't registered any domain at premium renewal costs after that domain
- and for me the most important thing is... Patience.
Yeah, that's reasonable

•••
the whole topic is interesting i was reading the comments in this thread

https://www.namepros.com/threads/16-500-000-sale-of-philadelphia-finance.1268107/

could be fake or could be genuine who knows, there could be a possibility that the owner wants to promote .finance to make it look more valueble then what its worth...

cant say much on the topic, but ill just buy 2 anyway , im not so invested in this anyway

I spoke to Ryan Etheridge the owner of the name that supposedly sold for $16,500,000

I saw he had conventional.loans for $8,500,000

I offered to sell him mortgage.loans for $300,000

He said he wouldn’t buy it himself but if I wanted he would represent me as a broker to his buyer for 20%

I said I’d keep it in mind

~

The whole thing sounds fishy

~

In terms of short domains - yes short domains “if they make sense” equate to serious value

I’m lucky to co own the single letter domain - e.credit

Last edited:
•••

Terrible you let a single character drop ...

Understand the internet has 1,000,000,000 sites online ^ and there are over 350,000,000 domains in circulation

^ as the internet continues to expand, the short domains that make sense will continue to grow in value

8 is a prized number in Asia - and in .finance - plenty of opportunity in China

Last edited:
•••

Plenty of what appear to be laundered or non confirmed sales with domains parked without sites that offered no traffic or logic.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back